Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
that is awesome, I bet you hold the reecord for quickest ticket given after buying Camaro
great record to hold!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
jfrazier
jfrazier

Drives: blm 2011 camaro
Send a message via ICQ to jfrazier
I got stop for the first time the other day coming from work the cop told me I was going to fast I repiled to him that if I was going to fast you would have never stop me do you see what kind car I am driving {2011 camaro ss} he got mad and ask me for my Id but he let me go with out a ticket.
jfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #17
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarobh View Post
I've already told my wife it's only a matter of time.....
+1. it been 15 yrs..... so far
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
thats one reason that I got a V6. And I have my motorcycle that has gotten me in enough trouble and had a 250 dollar ticket for doing 88 in a 55 and 3 points off my license.

I takes some restrain to keep it under the speed limit, even with a V6.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #19
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
knock on wood, havent had a speeding ticket since 1994, know the area i live in well and know when i can get away with driving like a raging lunatic

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #20
Gavros 4 Life

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White Black Stripes
when it comes to tickets.......only a matter of time......for one thing or another.....there is one lurking out there with your name on it:upset:
Gavros 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

I bought mine a month ago and am worried about this, that's for sure!
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #22
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
I got pulled over first night I'd say it was about 4 hours or so into owning the beast. Bought the car in Detroit, I live in indiana near Chicago, funny part is I was about 4 blocks from home. The cop was really cool and let me off with a warning. Been pulled over three more times since then but only one ticket that I deferred and is now gone so still have a clean record! Yaaaa, the real b!tch of it is I have been driving since 1984 and only been pulled over three times my whole life precamaro! If not for my radar detector I fear it would be worse and i do NOT street race. Lol
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #23
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I've been pulled over 3 times and gotten 2 tickets over the last year and 3 months since I got my Camaro.

I got both of tickets back in July/August, and was pulled over with no ticket about a month prior to those.

The first time was the luckiest in that I didn't get a ticket. I was on a 3 lane highway, and was in the center lane. I was doing about 63 in a 60, and there was a long line of slower cars in the rightmost lane, with the other two lanes almost completely clear. A BMW was in the middle lane, doing about 58-59, so I pulled into the left lane to pass him. My exit was about a mile ahead, so had everyone maintained their speeds, I would have easily passed and then been able to pull back into the right lane past all the slow cars in the right lane. When I got next to the BMW, it sped up to match my speed. I sped up to 68ish, and it matched speeds. I slowed back down to 60, and it matched speed. I slowed down to 55 and it matched speed. You get the point. Since my exit was coming up, I knew I needed to get over to the right. Had I braked hard, I would have been next to the line of cars going slowly in the right, so I decided to punch it and get past the BMW so I could exit the freeway. It -tried- to match speeds, but couldn't. It was reasonably fast though, so I was doing about 100-110 when I could safely pull into the middle and right lane and slow back down to a normal speed. I then exited the freeway, only to see flashing lights behind me as I was pulling to the intersection and the end of the offramp. I made a right and another right with the cop behind me and pulled over as soon as it was safe. The female officer got out, and I politely handed her my license. She stated that she saw me doing about 80MPH, and asked why I was going so fast. I explained about how the BMW sped up and slowed down, and she basically warned me about speeding and let me go on my way. Note that my radar detector never went off so she must have been in the line of slower cars and was probably guestimating my speed. Very lucky on my part though.

The other two times were an 85 in a 60 (Stupid on my part, again going past a bunch of slow cars on the freeway in the right lane to find a clear hole to exit the freeway...and a 70 in a 55 out on the Washington Coast. Both times I never got any hit on my radar detector, and it didn't even chirp the laser warning. The second time was from a state patrol going in the opposite direction, and it put on it's lights as soon as I came around a corner onto a straightaway. It's possible an aircraft was involved on that one because I don't see how laser could be aimed by a State Patrol -while- driving. Plus, I do get warnings on laser at other times.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #24
You_Blabbed_Quaid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I've been pulled over 3 times and gotten 2 tickets over the last year and 3 months since I got my Camaro.

I got both of tickets back in July/August, and was pulled over with no ticket about a month prior to those.

The first time was the luckiest in that I didn't get a ticket. I was on a 3 lane highway, and was in the center lane. I was doing about 63 in a 60, and there was a long line of slower cars in the rightmost lane, with the other two lanes almost completely clear. A BMW was in the middle lane, doing about 58-59, so I pulled into the left lane to pass him. My exit was about a mile ahead, so had everyone maintained their speeds, I would have easily passed and then been able to pull back into the right lane past all the slow cars in the right lane. When I got next to the BMW, it sped up to match my speed. I sped up to 68ish, and it matched speeds. I slowed back down to 60, and it matched speed. I slowed down to 55 and it matched speed. You get the point. Since my exit was coming up, I knew I needed to get over to the right. Had I braked hard, I would have been next to the line of cars going slowly in the right, so I decided to punch it and get past the BMW so I could exit the freeway. It -tried- to match speeds, but couldn't. It was reasonably fast though, so I was doing about 100-110 when I could safely pull into the middle and right lane and slow back down to a normal speed. I then exited the freeway, only to see flashing lights behind me as I was pulling to the intersection and the end of the offramp. I made a right and another right with the cop behind me and pulled over as soon as it was safe. The female officer got out, and I politely handed her my license. She stated that she saw me doing about 80MPH, and asked why I was going so fast. I explained about how the BMW sped up and slowed down, and she basically warned me about speeding and let me go on my way. Note that my radar detector never went off so she must have been in the line of slower cars and was probably guestimating my speed. Very lucky on my part though.
That's interesting. Lucky the cop didn't give you a ticket. It's unbelievable how there's always some moron out there and the cops pull over the wrong car.

I wish radar detectors were legal up here. At least even if I got pulled over and it hadn't gone off I could ask them to look at their speed gun. I've heard stories of people doing that in Canada anyway but I don't have the balls. Just my luck I would ask to see the radar and they would promptly show it to me and not knock the ticket down .
You_Blabbed_Quaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #25
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Sucks
Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #26
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

Drives: your woman wild...
Quote:
Originally Posted by You_Blabbed_Quaid View Post
Err sorry, London ONTARIO. Perhaps I should clarify that in my profile. Either way, the chicks still dig the car .
Lol, i was about to ask if the driver seat is on the right side of the cabin since i thought u were in the LONDON.

JK.
Sneeks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #27
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

The other two times were an 85 in a 60 (Stupid on my part, again going past a bunch of slow cars on the freeway in the right lane to find a clear hole to exit the freeway...and a 70 in a 55 out on the Washington Coast. Both times I never got any hit on my radar detector, and it didn't even chirp the laser warning. The second time was from a state patrol going in the opposite direction, and it put on it's lights as soon as I came around a corner onto a straightaway. It's possible an aircraft was involved on that one because I don't see how laser could be aimed by a State Patrol -while- driving. Plus, I do get warnings on laser at other times.
It was probably the same ass in the BMW that tried to run me off the road on Hwy 167! I called 911, reported a reckless driver, then lo and behold, he was pulled over by TWO staters when I was getting ready to exit. I stoped and gave them a written report... (I was driving my SUV at the time, but I was stil pretty pissed off!)
Ladybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #28
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'd like to add that my radar detector has paid for itself by now. I generally drive 3-5 mph over the speed limit on highways, but sometimes will increase that 9-10mph over if I want to do something like clear out of the left lane to let others pass, etc. So, it's not uncommon for me to be doing 70 in a 60 or 80 in a 70, etc. I even have an example of that on one of my videos I was recording and posted on recently. I also tend to pass cars that are doing the speed limit or slightly below because I hate following cars and having a chance of getting roadstones flung at the car.

The radar detector is also awesome at detecting grocery stores.

It's a long video, and pardon for the rattling. I just go the GoPro, and am working out kinks in the mount. The radar detector goes off early for a grocery store, and about midway through the video later on.