Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #141
hv92

Drives: .
I'm PRETTY sure that a majority of the people who order a ZL1 will mod it. I certainly won't be surprised to see many in the 600 rwhp range after about 3,000-5,000 dollars worth of mods.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #142
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
I'm just commenting on all the posts about the SS being inferior and modding being so bad because of having no warranty. If I wanted a ZL1 I'd go get one. I can afford it trust me. But all of the put downs on the modded cars are getting old. And last I checked anyone could post anywhere they wanted.

An SS is inferior to the ZL1 in stock form.

No ones putting down a modded car except for the fact that it loses it's warranty and may or may not have inferior parts down the line from the built engine. No one knows what's in that modded car and who did the mechanical work. It could've been built right or wrong. I've been modding vehicles long enough to know that you never know what's someone had done when they molest a car. If you truley do it correctly you'll be in ZL1 $ very quickly.

According to your own words your car is better. Why do you care what we say here?
Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #143
nitto85
Caffeine Injected

Drives: 13 Ram - 05 Widebody 1050rwhp Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
I'm PRETTY sure that a majority of the people who order a ZL1 will mod it. I certainly won't be surprised to see many in the 600 rwhp range after about 3,000-5,000 dollars worth of mods.
I doubt it, it may seem like a ton of SS owners have modded their cars by adding superchargers, headers or whatever, but really its only a drop in the bucket compared to those that have not.

I think the ratio will be even more so in that favor with the $50k +/- ZL1.
nitto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #144
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Good news, but didn't we all kind of expected it? Zeta flows a bit better than Sigma cars, Probaly a more agressive exhaust compared to the CTS-V and isnt it useing electric steering which reduces drivetrain loss like the 2011 GT-500. Assuming boost stays the same I bet it comes in about 575hp Maybe 580hp on the high-end.

Edit: the key advantage I expect the ZL1 will have over the GT-500 is traction, not really power.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #145
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
An SS is inferior to the ZL1 in stock form.

No ones putting down a modded car except for the fact that it loses it's warranty and may or may not have inferior parts down the line from the built engine. No one knows what's in that modded car and who did the mechanical work. It could've been built right or wrong. I've been modding vehicles long enough to know that you never know what's someone had done when they molest a car. If you truley do it correctly you'll be in ZL1 $ very quickly.

According to your own words your car is better. Why do you care what we say here?
That's just it. I don't really care which is better but some like to comment about why we wasted our money modding or why it's easier to just get a ZL1. Valid points on all sides. But those same people down the modders and act like warranty is everything. Jut want some of that talk to calm down. Ask a guy that actually modded about why they did it and if they care about warranty before so many go on a rant about it or make comments about it being inferior. Of course it is stock vs stock but with all the cash in mine I guarantee I'm still right around the ZL1 and have some better parts to boot. I love all Camaros but am just tired of all the put downs for doing what so many of us have done.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #146
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
As far as I'm concerned, a modded car is like flushing money down a toilet. No dealer will give you a penny more for any of your mods. I hope you like your modded car because your stuck with it or you'll loose your shorts when you sell or trade. Believe me, I have been that route.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #147
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
As far as I'm concerned, a modded car is like flushing money down a toilet. No dealer will give you a penny more for any of your mods. I hope you like your modded car because your stuck with it or you'll loose your shorts when you sell or trade. Believe me, I have been that route.
Once again......didn't mod it to get money from a dealer or to sell it. I keep my cars and do the work on them. Still have my modded GTO and plan on buying a Vette or CTS V next. I don't buy to trade or sell. That makes no sense. And yes I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. Why buy to sell anyways?

ZL1
Old 06-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #148
Lee9710

And how is it flushing money away? If you got it then spend it. Sure as hell can't take it with me when I die.....

ZL1
Old 06-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #149
gargaro99

Drives: 2010 camaro
any idea if it will be offered in the synergy green?
Attached Images

gargaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #150
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
That's just it. I don't really care which is better but some like to comment about why we wasted our money modding or why it's easier to just get a ZL1. Valid points on all sides. But those same people down the modders and act like warranty is everything. Jut want some of that talk to calm down. Ask a guy that actually modded about why they did it and if they care about warranty before so many go on a rant about it or make comments about it being inferior. Of course it is stock vs stock but with all the cash in mine I guarantee I'm still right around the ZL1 and have some better parts to boot. I love all Camaros but am just tired of all the put downs for doing what so many of us have done.
I haven't read many posts on C5 where people have stated that those who have modified their SSs have wasted their money. However, I have read some posts where people have indicated that purchasing a ZL1 will be a waste of money, since they say that they can obtain the same performance with a modified SS for less money.

I am one of the people to whom a factory warranty is important since at this point I don't want to have to fix any major items myself. I also like the fact that the ZL1 will be ready for the strip and the track right off of the showroom floor.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #151
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargaro99 View Post
any idea if it will be offered in the synergy green?
Awhile back when I talked to fbodfather, he said he didn't think so but anything could change. From what I have been told, just in the same factory colors as the other Camaros.

ZL1
Old 06-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #152
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
This pissing match is getting old. I'm super happy for everyone who's mod'd their car into exactly what they want. That's no the topic of this thread, so get back on topic , don't post, or find another Thread, Section, etc. It's the same people and reading most of those posts are giving me the runs...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #153
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
This pissing match is getting old. I'm super happy for everyone who's mod'd their car into exactly what they want. That's no the topic of this thread, so get back on topic , don't post, or find another Thread, Section, etc. It's the same people and reading most of those posts are giving me the runs...
Man ignore them...
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #154
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Agreed sir......that's why I posted what I posted from the beginning. Scrolled through 2 pages of stupid warranty and all against modding posts. Got old fast......

ZL1