Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #351
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Still no TSB?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #352
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I just had a very bad experience with my local dealership. I purchased a PDIM and sterring wheel controls from Tonkin Chevrolet and installed them myself. After the install I went to Parks Chevrolet to have the programming completed.

Now the bad experience begins. I was the second upgrade they have done, so I felt good about them completing the upgrade. I sat in the waiting room for two hours before the tech admitted he was having trouble. He came back 30 minutes later to let me know that he was wrapping it up. An hour passed and he had not returned and at this point I have been at the dealership 3 1/2 hours on a program that should have only taken one hour. I asked to speak to the service manager and after explaining my situation he spoke with the tech and relayed to me that during the programming a great deal of issues arose.

By situations they meant that they screwed up my car. The braking system was effected along with the Stability Track. After 30 minutes they returned with my car and told me that it was completed. I paid and was on my way, but by the first light I realized the IPOD did not work. I was beyond upset.

After speaking to the service manager once again I explained that I would return on Monday to complete the programming. I returned and after two hours my car was completely finished. Very bad experience. Make sure that the techs know what to do before you trust them with your car. I pays to ask a great deal of questions.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #353
airos4

Drives: 2011 2SS IBM, 2008 Victory Vision
I'm playing on Tis2Web; got through the VIN screen, then the RPO, and then it asks me for a hardware part number from the GM scan tool or the label on the controller. The dealership is trying to tell me there's no newer software, but I have a 2011 with the C version hard and software. What hardware number do I put into the Tis2Web to get the correct printout to show them?
airos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #354
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Dealer would not order new PDIM for my 2010. they said, that i have th most current one CC/CE. What next????
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #355
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Dealer would not order new PDIM for my 2010. they said, that i have th most current one CC/CE. What next????
Do they have a 2011 car on the lot that you can test your USB device on? (Make sure it's DB/DB) If your device works correctly in the 2011 then put pressure on them to fix yours under warranty since it's broken in your car.

Other then that

Buy the 2011 PDIM module?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #356
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Do they have a 2011 car on the lot that you can test your USB device on? (Make sure it's DB/DB) If your device works correctly in the 2011 then put pressure on them to fix yours under warranty since it's broken in your car.

Other then that

Buy the 2011 PDIM module?
I did that, but they are telling me that the TAC representive is saying I have the latest and greatest HW/SW for my Camaro. They will not do anything for my car, at least, under warranty side of things. I just might have to buy the DB/DB module and install it myself. Just kind of lame, I would have taken the DA/DX under warranty, but they will not do that either. They told me that they wanted me to leave my iPhone (with my personal and work's confidential information on it) with them so they can test it. What I don't get, is if there is new hardware for the 2010 becuase of this issue, why is it not being replaced and why are they telling me that CC/CE is the latested version for my car?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #357
airos4

Drives: 2011 2SS IBM, 2008 Victory Vision
So after an unenlightening conversation with the service writer, and then the service manager, they are telling me that my 2011 which is showing the CE version actually has the PDIM 20985421 already installed, and "the only thing that TIS told us is that there will be a module eventually, but it's not released yet."

Short of pulling my car apart to get to the module and check the part number myself (because I don't believe them) is there any way to see what part number is installed right now? My current plan is to just go pick up my car tomorrow, prove to them that the vert sitting on their lot has a later version of the software, and probably take it to a larger dealer in another town that might be more useful.
airos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #358
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Quote:
I did that, but they are telling me that the TAC representive is saying I have the latest and greatest HW/SW for my Camaro. They will not do anything for my car, at least, under warranty side of things. I just might have to buy the DB/DB module and install it myself. Just kind of lame, I would have taken the DA/DX under warranty, but they will not do that either. They told me that they wanted me to leave my iPhone (with my personal and work's confidential information on it) with them so they can test it. What I don't get, is if there is new hardware for the 2010 becuase of this issue, why is it not being replaced and why are they telling me that CC/CE is the latested version for my car?
It's because you have a 2010, and DB/DB is 2011 hardware and software. It's not the dealer's fault. GM is sticking it to us on this one. I finally gave up and bought the 2011 part and installed it myself.

Whatever happened to the lady at GM who was supposed to be riding to the rescue on this?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #359
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by airos4 View Post
So after an unenlightening conversation with the service writer, and then the service manager, they are telling me that my 2011 which is showing the CE version actually has the PDIM 20985421 already installed, and "the only thing that TIS told us is that there will be a module eventually, but it's not released yet."

Short of pulling my car apart to get to the module and check the part number myself (because I don't believe them) is there any way to see what part number is installed right now? My current plan is to just go pick up my car tomorrow, prove to them that the vert sitting on their lot has a later version of the software, and probably take it to a larger dealer in another town that might be more useful.
If you have a CE hardware code, you don't have PN20985421. How did they determine that's what you have?

And to answer your question: Yes, I think I'd take it out of the car and show it to them. You have a 2011, and there is no reason for them not to replace your PDIM with PN20985421 under warranty.

Hell! They should replace the 2010 PDIMs with PN20985421 under warranty!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #360
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I emailed Cheryl Pilcher, like she asked, but I havent received a response from her yet. I'll email her again tomorrow and see if she has an update for me.
:emoticon7:
Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #361
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

One month later (five months ago!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I've been talking back and forth with Cheryl, the Camaro Product Manager. She took this issue to the engineers, so it will hopefully be fixed for good here shortly.
Calling Cheryl Pilcher: Are you out there?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #362
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
It's because you have a 2010, and DB/DB is 2011 hardware and software. It's not the dealer's fault. GM is sticking it to us on this one. I finally gave up and bought the 2011 part and installed it myself.

Whatever happened to the lady at GM who was supposed to be riding to the rescue on this?

Ok, I get that DB/DB is for 2011...but what about the DA/DX module, is that not the WARRANTY Replacement for the 2010's? I have CC/CE. So, my only other recorse is to buy DA/DX or DB/DB and void my warranty on my Radio and any other electorincs that attach to it or dont' listen to my iPhone in my car? I am confused and frustrated about this matter.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #363
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Ok, I get that DB/DB is for 2011...but what about the DA/DX module, is that not the WARRANTY Replacement for the 2010's? I have CC/CE. So, my only other recorse is to buy DA/DX or DB/DB and void my warranty on my Radio and any other electorincs that attach to it or dont' listen to my iPhone in my car? I am confused and frustrated about this matter.
The warranted version for the 2010 is the DA/DX. If you want the DB/DB just order it and install it. There will be no voided warranties. I mean, 90% of the dealers don't even realize there is a different hardware version, let alone figure out you have it AND void your warranty. Sorry to say, but honestly you're overly concerned about it and it really isn't that big of a deal to GM.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #364
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
The warranted version for the 2010 is the DA/DX. If you want the DB/DB just order it and install it. There will be no voided warranties. I mean, 90% of the dealers don't even realize there is a different hardware version, let alone figure out you have it AND void your warranty. Sorry to say, but honestly you're overly concerned about it and it really isn't that big of a deal to GM.
You say I am overly concerned and that it's not that big of a deal to GM. However, my Dealer has refused to put the DA/DX in my car. Not becuase they say I don't have a problem, but that they believe I have the LATEST hardware/software in my car already. I have given them all the information about the latest hardware/software, but they will not budge.

Waiting on area rep to call me today, when ever that will be.