Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #15
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Seems as if this is the trend lately with the company's that have been taken over by sons/daughters who have never had to work for anything. It is a real shame to see a fathers years of hard work be destroyed by a "silver spoon" as was stated. Same scenario has happened to me recently....you trust a name, only to find out everything that name used to stand for is now corrupt.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Man, that sucks.
Unfortunately I've heard stories like this before about them. Personally I'd be afraid to let them work on my car based on what I've heard about them.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #17
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Personally, I appreciate the "Heads-up", exposing vendors that specialize in ripping people off is the fastest way to stop it.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
They can't do that if they're a paid sponsor! They'll delete your posts instead

Like they probably will this one.
Irnwkrkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnwkrkev View Post
They can't do that if they're a paid sponsor! They'll delete your posts instead

Like they probably will this one.
Seriously, did you notice that my user name isn't quite the same shade of red as yours... I'm a moderator, and I've been asked for two years to post what happened, and until now I refused....

This sub-forum is exactly what is being demonstrated here... the satisfaction of dis-satisfaction with vendors, regardless of sponsor status....

Having said that, there are people with an unfounded agenda that do nothing but follow vendors around creating havoc.... You don't pay to be here, the sponsoring vendors do... That certainly doesn't mean the vendors are always right, or the members are always wrong....

We delete postings of harassment regardless of whom they are directed towards; be it a general member or a sponsoring vendor. We track post histories prior to making rash decisions, and we have access to much more information than the general populous.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Why refuse for years to help keep someone from getting ripped off..... especially if they've been taken for thousands? It's beneficial for everyone to broadcast troubles and findings.
It can also force manufacturers to keep on their toes with quality.

Vendors always have the right to explain themselves and some of them do a damn good job of it.
Irnwkrkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnwkrkev View Post
Why refuse for years to help keep someone from getting ripped off..... especially if they've been taken for thousands? It's beneficial for everyone to broadcast troubles and findings.
It can also force manufacturers to keep on their toes with quality.

Vendors always have the right to explain themselves and some of them do a damn good job of it.
In my experience it becomes a he said she said thing.

You're written off as a disgruntled customer.

I spend a lot of time at a performance shop, and I've learned one thing... In a quality shop, the occasional unhappy customer is the customer that has no idea what they want in the first place....

Typically, they tramp from shop to shop looking for satisfaction, but like my ex wife, if they don't know what they want it's a given no one else will...

I refuse to be one of them. I knew from the start what I wanted... I didn't go out and buy parts that didn't fit the end product.. I worked with a reputable quality builder and we planned for several months prior to even starting... We saw good things and were getting good information about the kit I was purchasing... and that's how it was right up until my credit card info was given over... Does me slinging mud help anything, maybe to a few close friends that are actually witnesses to what occurred... At this point, I'm just venting... and like I mentioned earlier, I've had literally dozens of people ask me privately via Pm or other methods, and I've steered them to other vendors that have proven their worth and customer support... My two favorites to send people to to this point are Hellion and IPS.

Finally, I'm not the kind to complain... Stuff happens, racecar... I've made two trips to the Texas Mile to set a 5th Gen record, racecar... I'll be going back in October schedule providing, and hopefully it'll work out...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #22
gmg69

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo SS, Summit White
To the OP:
Really sorry to hear about your experience there man. Mine couldn't be more different. I spent close to 20k on his twin turbo kit, an LS3 conversion, cam, and a race fuel system. Everything went fine...no troubles, car runs strong.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IJrCOJvy4T4
Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=240989&page=1
gmg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #23
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmg69 View Post
To the OP:
Really sorry to hear about your experience there man. Mine couldn't be more different. I spent close to 20k on his twin turbo kit, an LS3 conversion, cam, and a race fuel system. Everything went fine...no troubles, car runs strong.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IJrCOJvy4T4
Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=240989&page=1
Is that you JR?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #24
KlugSS

Wow! Very interesting.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #25
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

He is a silver spoon born tool making money off of his families name... and screwing the world one customer or ten at a time...
Wow what a sleaz-ball, definitely convinced me never to buy anything from him. hope this thread stays so I can link to it if anyone ever asks about them...
Old 05-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
i was going to buy a few things, guess not now
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #27
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
i will be taking my wires apart tonight and look at them...
did u take any pics robert?
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #28
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
i will be taking my wires apart tonight and look at them...
did u take any pics robert?
Pics of the wires...??? No, waste of time,,,, When we saw what they were we threw them away and put my factory wires back on... There are tons of pics of the turbo debacle and over 100 witnesses as to how it happened... Lots of it is in my build thread... We did keep the little heat shield socks he uses to disguise the crappy wires... Best part of the whole wire set... They were cut and assemble wires... buy in bulk and cut to fit... then cover them to sell as high dollar wires... I bet I could build the entire set for 25% or less of what he charges for them...

Tags
gms crooks, granatelli sucks