Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
If my wife and kids see me posting on the forum while on a brief holiday

THE Book on 5th Gen Suspension is a great resource available here on Camaro5. Take the time to read through it and you will gain a better understanding of the how and why for 5th Gen suspension upgrades.

Here they come
lets seee... forward to her in a PM or an email.......

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #16
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Just to keep this discusion going. My car is 100% bone stock and doesn't seem to have any issues with the GM parts that came with it.Asides from my superior driving skills a set of slicks has gone a long way in my case.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Just to keep this discusion going. My car is 100% bone stock and doesn't seem to have any issues with the GM parts that came with it.Asides from my superior driving skills a set of slicks has gone a long way in my case.
Damn! Same stock suspension, as in everything from the springs, trailing arms, toes, bushings, axels, etc?

That's badass man!
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #18
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
What he won't tell you is he would be running 9.5's all day with the right suspension setup Camaro Justice duh!!!!!!

Quote:

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #19
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Damn! Same stock suspension, as in everything from the springs, trailing arms, toes, bushings, axels, etc?

That's badass man!

My car suspensions hasn't been touched. I'd even had two of the big companies over me stuff at half price to run and they would buy the parts back if I wasn't satisifed. I asked Ted about this and he said that he didn't think it was worth messing with since it has worked so well since day one.
It cuts mid 1.4 60's with a sweat and thats without much practice on the new tires. I would think it could do better. Since the last time we did take the front sway bar out and add 75 rwhp so maybe this will push it over the edge to where I need some help is this dept. I'll know soon enough.

Every single car that I have seen, new camaro speaking, has performed like junk at the track. My guess is that they aren't set-up properly bc the parts that I have seen offered by these companies look like they are f'in awesome!!!!

See. My car has no issues:
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #20
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
What he won't tell you is he would be running 9.5's all day with the right suspension setup Camaro Justice duh!!!!!!

Don't make me use Ray's doll on you too when you come back to Ted's!!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
TCAT

Those pictures are just flat out badass and delicious right there. Great job on the car man!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #22
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Those pictures are just flat out badass and delicious right there. Great job on the car man!

Ha! Thanks! Besides pushing the gas pedal down my biggest contribution is delivering the cash from my safe to Ted. He has come up with everything to to do. Actually, I do choose my own air pressures if that counts for anything!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #23
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
Get off the forum and back to your vacation!
It appears that Pete just tree'd you.

Great info guys!

Doug @ ECS
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #24
TCAT

Quote:
Ha! Thanks! Besides pushing the gas pedal down my biggest contribution is delivering the cash from my safe to Ted. He has come up with everything to to do. Actually, I do choose my own air pressures if that counts for anything!
Haha, tire pressure counts in my opinion!!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #25
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Quote:
My car suspensions hasn't been touched. I'd even had two of the big companies over me stuff at half price to run and they would buy the parts back if I wasn't satisifed. I asked Ted about this and he said that he didn't think it was worth messing with since it has worked so well since day one.
It cuts mid 1.4 60's with a sweat and thats without much practice on the new tires. I would think it could do better. Since the last time we did take the front sway bar out and add 75 rwhp so maybe this will push it over the edge to where I need some help is this dept. I'll know soon enough.

Every single car that I have seen, new camaro speaking, has performed like junk at the track. My guess is that they aren't set-up properly bc the parts that I have seen offered by these companies look like they are f'in awesome!!!!

See. My car has no issues:

Your car does look awesome there!

You do have a really good set of tires though, IMHO Matts car would not have ran what it ran on an 18" drag radial without the suspension mods that it has.
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging View Post
Your car does look awesome there!

You do have a really good set of tires though, IMHO Matts car would not have ran what it ran on an 18" drag radial without the suspension mods that it has.

As an owner with a ton of experience I'm sure you preach the same way Ted does. With Ted, it's tire, tire, and hey, let's get some more tire on this car!! So as the hp has grown so has my choice in tire. I'm anxious to see what these things will be able to hold. We took some gear out in hopes of being able to get out of the hole faster in addition to the sway bar and the hp increase. I'd be pretty cool if the car could 1.39 with the stock stuff.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #27
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
That is pretty cool.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #28
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS purchased 5/2010
Quote:
As an owner with a ton of experience I'm sure you preach the same way Ted does. With Ted, it's tire, tire, and hey, let's get some more tire on this car!! So as the hp has grown so has my choice in tire. I'm anxious to see what these things will be able to hold. We took some gear out in hopes of being able to get out of the hole faster in addition to the sway bar and the hp increase. I'd be pretty cool if the car could 1.39 with the stock stuff.
Jamie, That's one thing Ted and I haven't discussed is my 17" Bogarts with our up & coming 900rwhp! We'll see