Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
lowpro192000

Drives: 2010 black and orange camaro ss
Tuner suggestions

Can anyone suggest a good tuner for a l99 as far as like a dyno tune
lowpro192000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
I got my TCM & ECM tune from Vector Motorsports and could not be happier with them. The stage 2 TCM tune is flat out wicked.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro192000 View Post
We can remote tune it for you with our PowerCal system
you can read more about it here:
http://www.vectormotorsports.com/ind...d=56&Itemid=28

If you have any questions feel free to give us a call
1-586-790-2970
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
RAYSRT8

Drives: 2011 Challenger SRT8 6.4L 392 Hemi
Quote:
Ted Jannetty can tune it remotely.. I can persoanlly vouch for his tune and he does a great job. Your car will run better than it does from the factory, plus he can turn off the annoying AFM.

Camaro parts for sale: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152474
RAYSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
where do you live?
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Read this Thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129555
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
DSX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Z06
Ragin Racin in Louisiana is a good bet. If your car has anything past simple bolt-ons, I wouldn't try to rely on a mail-order tune.
DSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX View Post
Ragin Racin in Louisiana is a good bet. If your car has anything past simple bolt-ons, I wouldn't try to rely on a mail-order tune.
I dunno if I 100% agree with that. I tune a lot of cars remote like this cam car I just fininshed up. It has a stock converter with our 1.5 cam, with no converter and a cam tuning remote can be tricky. but it can be done.

we go back and forth for some of the more complex cars using our PowerCal scanner. I would say for your typical mail order tune for well modded cars may not be a good idea but for tuners with the ability to work back and forth it can be done with great sucusses.

Ive remote tuned G6's to ZR1's
Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
DSX
Account Suspended

If you have done a car with the exact same modifications before, then sure, it'll work out. If there is a way to relay data back and forth, then sure... I'm speaking strictly in terms of canned crap.

My biggest gripe with e-mail tuning anybody's car is that I can't personally feel/hear what's happening. That's why I'm not a huge fan, and prefer to be there in the flesh.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX View Post
If you have done a car with the exact same modifications before, then sure, it'll work out. If there is a way to relay data back and forth, then sure... I'm speaking strictly in terms of canned crap.

My biggest gripe with e-mail tuning anybody's car is that I can't personally feel/hear what's happening. That's why I'm not a huge fan, and prefer to be there in the flesh.
I've done a lot of remote tuning on other peoples cars that have had a live tune done to correct drivability, and so forth. Sometimes its not our cam. It comes down to customer feedback and live data. I would rather be there in person, yes it is easier.

I guess you'll have to be more specific as to "canned crap" I dont look at our tuning as canned crap.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
Frost

Drives: GM anything
Canned crap would be the 'performance tunes' that the SCT handhelds ship with and other tuners pass off as their own and/or being custom.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
DSX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Canned crap would be the 'performance tunes' that the SCT handhelds ship with and other tuners pass off as their own and/or being custom.
Pretty much.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
Brian@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Agreed there's different types of tuners out there. Especially since you mentioned if they had experience with a "certain setup" which is good and all but that doesn't mean there aren't changes from OS to OS and engine to engine. Any good calibrator knows that every setup is different no matter how small.

So it's best to approach every car in the same manner. Because just slapping someone elses tune in another car rarely anything but productive.

It's best to start fresh and calibrate every car properly form start to finish.

As for being there, that's where the experience comes in of being able to interpret datalogs and drawing conclusions from that and being able to implement what you find form the logs in the tune.
Brian@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #14
IOMCamaro2SSRS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Phastek View Post
Agreed there's different types of tuners out there. Especially since you mentioned if they had experience with a "certain setup" which is good and all but that doesn't mean there aren't changes from OS to OS and engine to engine. Any good calibrator knows that every setup is different no matter how small.

So it's best to approach every car in the same manner. Because just slapping someone elses tune in another car rarely anything but productive.

It's best to start fresh and calibrate every car properly form start to finish.

As for being there, that's where the experience comes in of being able to interpret datalogs and drawing conclusions from that and being able to implement what you find form the logs in the tune.
x2!

a good, quality custom tune can be had remotely, if given the proper data logs/info to work with...
IOMCamaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote