Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 11-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
They'll figure it out and then you'll love your car again. Live has a few bumps in it for everyone. At least this one is under warranty.

You bought a great car. I know this sucks for you right now, but think of those folks who can only dream of having such a wonderful car. Life will be great again in no time and you will be cruising in your new Camaro!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #16
Toastylicious
My car goes Vrooom.. You?

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro LS
Did you let the dealer know what on star told you about the number 4 cylinder misfiring????
Toastylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #17
Booneabal

Drives: 2LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastylicious View Post
Did you let the dealer know what on star told you about the number 4 cylinder misfiring????
Yes, they have all the information and I've also passed on contacts for 1 other dealership that fixed a similar issue back in October thank to another member of the board.

I expect they will make good progress in the next 2 days to at least confirm a diagnosis - then the problem is how quickly they can get parts.
Booneabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
I've found out that the remote start can't be used a bunch of times in a row. Mine will usually allow 2 remote starts back to back then you have to wait awhile.
I use mine back to back, to back, to back, to back, ect...... all the time no issues, the same with the remote start on my 07 Suburban.

Sean
Old 11-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #19
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
That should be an esay diagnosis. I'm suprised they don't have it fixed yet. I would have suspected the coil pack before the ignition wire.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #20
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
I've found out that the remote start can't be used a bunch of times in a row. Mine will usually allow 2 remote starts back to back then you have to wait awhile.
That is by design, my HHR is that way 2 starts up to 10 minutes each start with the remote, then you need to start it with the key. Keeps you from wasting gas and also from overheating the engine. It's in the owner's manual.
Now if you stop it before the 10 minutes are up you may be able to start it more that two times. I have never tried that.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #21
Booneabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
That should be an esay diagnosis. I'm suprised they don't have it fixed yet. I would have suspected the coil pack before the ignition wire.
They called today and said that Detroit told them that the fuel injector was bad based on the data out of the computer. They are flying in a replacement part for tomorrow and we will know if it works as soon as the part is in.
Obviously I am not happy to be without my car but the support from Detroit has been world-class. In fact the bad part will be shipped back for analysis - they told the techs down here not to $*%( with it!

Keeping fingers crossed to be back in my ride tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #22
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booneabal View Post
They called today and said that Detroit told them that the fuel injector was bad based on the data out of the computer. They are flying in a replacement part for tomorrow and we will know if it works as soon as the part is in.
Obviously I am not happy to be without my car but the support from Detroit has been world-class. In fact the bad part will be shipped back for analysis - they told the techs down here not to $*%( with it!

Keeping fingers crossed to be back in my ride tomorrow.
I'm glad they are doing you right. Hopefully that is the problem and you will have your baby back soon!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #23
DangerZL1

I'm glad they've found the problem and hopefully you'll be enjoying your car again today.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #24
Booneabal

Quote:
I'm glad they've found the problem and hopefully you'll be enjoying your car again today.
Unfortunately, it is day 8 and they haven't fixed my car. I have a feeling it is headed for lemon-heaven. Here in Florida, its 15 days in shop and the consumer has the choice of accepting a replacement or requesting a refund.
I love the can but I paid $33k for at least 10 years enjoyment of the vehicle and I can't be stuck with something that isn't reliable.
If we get to day 15 in shop I will lawyer up and squeeze the lemon trigger.
Sucks to me me.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #25
DangerZL1

What's the holdup....thought they had the part(s)?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #26
Booneabal

Quote:
What's the holdup....thought they had the part(s)?
They put in the fuel injector and its still not functioning. As far as I've been able to undertstand that means it ia either (a) bad O2 sensors and (b) bad computer overall.

I've already given them notice that we are going to be discussing cancellation of the sale of the vehicle. I hope to accomplish that without going to arbitration or court but will have to do whatever it takes. I'm sure GM doesn't want this in the local papers.

I can't believe my luck, the car has a reasonable reliability record and I buy the 1 thats a clunker.

I just recieved my certified GM Camaro Polo, T-shirt & license plate holder so I feel like a real loser without my car...
Old 12-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #27
Bee Kool
BEE KOOL

Drives: 2SS
Bad computer

My 2ss-6spd @ 50 miles displayed a DIC code "engine power is reduced" and would barely run 40 mph. Called roadside assist. and they towed car to the dealer. They had a new computer overnighted and everything is great
Bee Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #28
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booneabal View Post
They put in the fuel injector and its still not functioning. As far as I've been able to undertstand that means it ia either (a) bad O2 sensors and (b) bad computer overall.

I've already given them notice that we are going to be discussing cancellation of the sale of the vehicle. I hope to accomplish that without going to arbitration or court but will have to do whatever it takes. I'm sure GM doesn't want this in the local papers.

I can't believe my luck, the car has a reasonable reliability record and I buy the 1 thats a clunker.

I just recieved my certified GM Camaro Polo, T-shirt & license plate holder so I feel like a real loser without my car...
If it is a new problem they haven't seen before it may take a while to figure it out. It may be something as simple as a wire that got skinned or pinched during assembly and it finally shorted out... it happens more than you would think and it could be a bear to find...