Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #43
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Being 17 I am in the same boat as you Shadow, and like most pple my age I have no idea how to drive stick and don't want to. Also the V8 mpg is somewhat putting me off, though I would like to see how the AFM does in the EPA tests. I really hope they make LSD at least an option for V6 auto.

Shadowsong what dealer(s) are you looking at purchasing from? I live pretty close to you (The Woodlands) and have no idea who to go to.
I'll be buying from Buckalew Chevrolet in Conroe, my dad grew up with the owner, so even if they do happen to mark it up a few bucks I'll get it at sticker.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #44
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Well, honestly I have multiple reasons for this, but I'm actually more interested in getting the V6 than the V8 - if I had the money to buy the 8, I'd probably still get the 6. Just personal opinion. But, I do want it to have a LSD. Luckily, I'll be getting the manual. Just hope they have a short throw kit available for the Aisen.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #45
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yeah I either get a base V8 or the LT with lots of options, and I'd rather have the V6 mainly cause of mpg, and I just wouldn't use that 400+ hp, so it would be a waste.(I am a pretty slow driver, but I just love this car for some reason ) There are several little things that make me like the V6 more, such as the front grille (imo it looks better), and if it is going to be peg legged, that will be the only con (along with no Brembo brakes, which I don't think will even be an option, but I really hope so!), and possbily the non-folding side mirrors, as it will be a tight fit in garage. Might have to whip out the old jigsaw...

Last edited by kanys; 08-05-2008 at 08:10 PM.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #46
kdecroo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
actually, i believe we will, i feel that GM to save production costs will throw the same rear end (save for different gear ratios) in both the v-8 and v-6 models
Speaking of Gear Ratio's do we know what will be in the V8 Manual SS?????
kdecroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #47
GamerGuyZ28
5TH GEN BURNOUTS!

Drives: 95 Z28, and a 2000 Z28
Yes we do check out this PDF http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/pdf/...ifications.pdf

GamerGuyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #48
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
I can't see why anyone would just refuse to learn how to drive stick. It's so much fun!

I think there may have been some misconceptions about ABS in here earlier as well. Anti-lock brake systems (ABS) doesn't limit your control of the car. In fact, it gives you more. All it does is give you the ability to steer under heavy braking. Traction control uses some of the same components as ABS, but they have two almost entirely seperate functions.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #49
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I'll be buying from Buckalew Chevrolet in Conroe, my dad grew up with the owner, so even if they do happen to mark it up a few bucks I'll get it at sticker.
No way! My mom is best friends with the owner's daughter.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #50
Dom

Drives: 2000 Z28
This will be my first mod.

They had the Y87 package that came with 3.42 gears and LSD on 4th gen V6s. They should have done something similar. I'm hoping they will still add something like this.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #51
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Yeah I either get a base V8 or the LT with lots of options, and I'd rather have the V6 mainly cause of mpg, and I just wouldn't use that 400+ hp, so it would be a waste.(I am a pretty slow driver, but I just love this car for some reason ) There are several little things that make me like the V6 more, such as the front grille (imo it looks better), and if it is going to be peg legged, that will be the only con (along with no Brembo brakes, which I don't think will even be an option, but I really hope so!), and possbily the non-folding side mirrors, as it will be a tight fit in garage. Might have to whip out the old jigsaw...
If you're a slow driver you probably won't need the Brembos
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #52
AutoXCamaro

Drives: 03 Honda Civic Ex
Quote:
Being 17 I am in the same boat as you Shadow, and like most pple my age I have no idea how to drive stick and don't want to. Also the V8 mpg is somewhat putting me off, though I would like to see how the AFM does in the EPA tests. I really hope they make LSD at least an option for V6 auto.

Shadowsong what dealer(s) are you looking at purchasing from? I live pretty close to you (The Woodlands) and have no idea who to go to.
People your age are lazy. Manual transmissions are not hard to learn. I learned at 15. My car fanatic friends and I all drive manual transmission. Just get the manual, you might actually save some mpg over the automatic and you will really know what it is like to actually DRIVE a car.
AutoXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #53
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I'm 20 and drive a manual car - have been since I was 18 and will never go back. I wanted to learn stick right when I started driving, but nobody in my family had one and I didn't want to buy a manual car just to learn on. Now that I know though, its all I ever want to drive. Driving an auto is just so boring now...
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #54
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
I know at least 4 people who are over the age of 40 and never learned to drive stick.

All I know is this Camaro will be the most fun driving a manual I think I'll ever have.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #55
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCamaro View Post
People your age are lazy. Manual transmissions are not hard to learn. I learned at 15. My car fanatic friends and I all drive manual transmission. Just get the manual, you might actually save some mpg over the automatic and you will really know what it is like to actually DRIVE a car.
haha not EVERYbody my age
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #56
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
manual v6 > autov8
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote