Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 08-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #29
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper98 View Post
The reference the manufacturers place on the "Miles traveled" is just a guide for the springs to settle in. They will settle in after a few days regardless, the front springs due to the weight of the engine will settle in before the rear usually. Regarding the timing of the bushings, this is very important because when the car was assembled it has a preload already set in to the bushings. This is because when you change the factory height by placing lower springs you change the geometry of the suspension which was timed to a higher stance (this is what causes the preload on the bushings). Not performing the "timing of the bushings" could affect the finished height of the vehicle. When you loosen up the bushings and then bounce it a few times it will release the preload on them.
Oh okay. Well I'm new with suspension. Do the people that align my car do the bushing timing ? And thank you for the info angel
Old 08-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #30
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Oh okay. Well I'm new with suspension. Do the people that align my car do the bushing timing ? And thank you for the info angel
No worries we here at C5M mods garage make sure that everything is complete prior to aligning your car.
Mods: Air Raid C.A.I., Custom Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Dyno Tuned , LPE 3.91 Gears, BMR Differential Bushings, R/X Oil Catch Can, X-Pipe, Borla Exhaust, MGW Shifter, Hawk-HPS, SS brake lines, BMR front & rear sway bars, BMR rear sway bar end links, Pedders front radius rod bushings, Spohn front sway bar end links, BMR rack/pinion bushing, BMR Coils 1" drop, BMR Trailing Arm, BMR Toe Rods, Pedders Sub-Frame bushings, BMR Sub-frame Connectors, BMR Driveshaft Tunnel Braces, GM Strut tower brace, custom painted bowties
copper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #31
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
No worries we here at C5M mods garage make sure that everything is complete prior to aligning your car.
i know im in good hands here
did you find out if the 2012 sways fit the 2011 ?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #32
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
Going to look into it tonight....if i do not find any info we can place it next to and see if it has the same bends etc. Then we will be good to go. Its an easy install.
Mods: Air Raid C.A.I., Custom Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Dyno Tuned , LPE 3.91 Gears, BMR Differential Bushings, R/X Oil Catch Can, X-Pipe, Borla Exhaust, MGW Shifter, Hawk-HPS, SS brake lines, BMR front & rear sway bars, BMR rear sway bar end links, Pedders front radius rod bushings, Spohn front sway bar end links, BMR rack/pinion bushing, BMR Coils 1" drop, BMR Trailing Arm, BMR Toe Rods, Pedders Sub-Frame bushings, BMR Sub-frame Connectors, BMR Driveshaft Tunnel Braces, GM Strut tower brace, custom painted bowties
Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #33
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Sounds good man. Thanks again
Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #34
Outlaw_Nation
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LT/M6
That storm or rain. Which ever you want to call it....

Was on some roider rage.....who took a dump in mother natures coffee?

Where and how much is this bushing timing?! After I dropped it I took it to get aligned. And I asked about it and they said no.

I hate when people do this kind of crap -__- I've been ridin like that for a while -__-
Outlaw_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_Nation View Post
That storm or rain. Which ever you want to call it....

Was on some roider rage.....who took a dump in mother natures coffee?

Where and how much is this bushing timing?! After I dropped it I took it to get aligned. And I asked about it and they said no.

I hate when people do this kind of crap -__- I've been ridin like that for a while -__-
I noticed it had a preload because one side was 3/8" off when i measured all four fender heights. Then I put her back on the lift and loosened up at the relevant bushing. This corrected the problem.

Measure all four "rim" to fender heights if they are equal between 1/8"-3/16" then I would not worry!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #36
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
This is what I have found so far from a person asking the same question on another forum:

There is a difference between the two with the SS bar being slightly larger...but technically they will all fit because the mounting points are the same.
It has been common for V6ers to use the V8 sways & springs...especially two years ago when there was only one brand on the market for the V6 crowd. And I think a couple companies make only one sway bar version to fit both models.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
This is what I have found so far from a person asking the same question on another forum:

There is a difference between the two with the SS bar being slightly larger...but technically they will all fit because the mounting points are the same.
It has been common for V6ers to use the V8 sways & springs...especially two years ago when there was only one brand on the market for the V6 crowd. And I think a couple companies make only one sway bar version to fit both models.

Oh okay, that's understandable. They said on that thread the difference is extremely noticeable. I cant wait for it lol
Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #38
Camarochris2010
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Hey guys tonight we will be meeting up at the snapper creek service plaza off of the turnpike next to the shell. And info of where we are gonna be meeting up for tomorrows lash way meet will be talked about tonight see you guys there.

Mods: JBA longtube headers, JBA full competition exhaust, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, xo wheels, vredestein tires, carbon fiber under hood kit, motor tune, and trans tune. all of this equals-DOIN WORK
Camarochris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #39
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Im not sure if Sergio is on the thread or not but I'm passing down my stock SS sways, can someone find out if he still wants them? Thanks
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #40
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
Im not sure if Sergio is on the thread or not but I'm passing down my stock SS sways, can someone find out if he still wants them? Thanks
Sergio I believe is coming to tonight's meet . I'll ask him
Old 08-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarochris2010 View Post
Hey guys tonight we will be meeting up at the snapper creek service plaza off of the turnpike next to the shell. And info of where we are gonna be meeting up for tomorrows lash way meet will be talked about tonight see you guys there.
Well I don't get the turnpike to go to sit pizza since its close by. Would you guys be able to stop in one of the shopping centers around so I can ride in with you ?
Old 08-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #42
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
unless everyone stops at the flanigans on 88