Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Car pulling to the right!!

So just finished installing BMR lowering springs. Everything went right minus that now the car pulls to the right and the steering wheel does too. Is this normal? I am guessing alignment is needed. What specs should I run? Other than that.. BMR are excellent. No ride difference or bouncing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I would use factory alignment specs unless you track the car or have a need/want for a performance alignment. If you do, contact BMR and get there reccomendation. You will have some increased tire wear with non factory alignment specs. How much will depend on how aggressive you get with the angles. Toe and camber ARE adjustable on the front and rear. Caster can be made to be adjustable on the front if desired.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
Wuiquen

So I just saw the left front tire and its not properly sitting. Its like concaved in at the top.. on this side I tightened the top bolt first then the bottom ones. Maybe this is why its wrong. The other side is good. Will they fix this in the alignment

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Don't freak out. You just need to get an alignment and everything will be OK. You lowered the car and had to unbolt the steering knuckle from the strut to install the springs. You could have marked the strut to knuckle position and reset to there and gotten the camber close, but you'll be fine. Just don't drive the car until you get the alignment.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Wuiquen

Thanks.. Finally its getting all aligned right now.