Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #85
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
I completely understand the V6 strategy with Chevy.

The reason why I personally got into the Camaro was because I test drove the Challenger and hated it, surprisingly. I went home and thought to myself... there's gotta be a better muscle car for a better price with a better look. Stumbled across the Camaro concept and was hooked. I wanted the V6 Camaro at first because 300hp sounded AWESOME. After researching for a while I wanted to upgrade to the SS. It was love at first sight Ever since then I've placed my order for my 2SS/RS CGM Camaro and have been addicted to this website like crack. So, although I'm hurt that it's been delayed it's completely understandable for marketing reasons. Crush the Mustang!!!

I know seeing a CGM Camaro would definitely make up for the 'delay' *hint hint Scott*

Thanks Scott, that definitely renewed my confidence in the Camaro. I was beginning to lose it there for a while.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #86
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Scott Thank you very kind and gracious of you to clear it all up!! I will be at the Philadelphia show as well hope to meet you!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #87
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
so does the one car per dealership mean that i have to wait longer to get my Camaro because i ordered a v6 and not a v8
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #88
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by transfrmn View Post
so does the one car per dealership mean that i have to wait longer to get my Camaro because i ordered a v6 and not a v8
It sounds like the one car per dealership will come before all the others so ALL of the cars built at first will be v6's and once those are done, the allocated orders will begin being pulled, v6's and v8s according to your dealers allocation.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #89
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
It sounds like the one car per dealership will come before all the others so ALL of the cars built at first will be v6's and once those are done, the allocated orders will begin being pulled, v6's and v8s according to your dealers allocation.
so basically every dealership gets one stock camaro to advertise with or showoff on the floor. and then they start making all of our custom orders correct or am i still horribly wrong?
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #90
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfrmn View Post
so basically every dealership gets one stock camaro to advertise with or showoff on the floor. and then they start making all of our custom orders correct or am i still horribly wrong?
Sounds about right. It really sounds like GM has so much faith in this car that they really want to just get them in front of people.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #91
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
If their plan was 1 1Lt car per dealer, the first 3400 or so cars are V6's but as people have speculated production quotas... that doesnt seem like it will be a problem to fill.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #92
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Dear Mr. Fbod,

I would be honored if you could answer 2 questions for me:

#1: With a delay on production startup, will the date when you have to finalise your order before it goes to factory also be pushed back?

#2: On the other thread about todays IDL, it says that the factory might offer more stripes in the near future. I am wondering is this true, and are they talking about colors, or length as well? (Can I get factory bumblebees now?)

Thank you for your time, you are awesome and I for one appreciate all the time you guys put into this community. It shows your love for this product.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #93
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Now you knopw why GM blows
Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #94
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
...... ahhhh here we go again.... Closed the last thread... 720 posts, 22,000 views later...
By the time I wake up this one should be up to about 500 posts

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #95
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Thanks Scott, you kinda eased the pain. So wheres that CGM Unicorn, and where is your CTF Camaro?! Hey Scott, one question because its really bothering me, actually its two,
1. Is it true that the Canadian orders get put to the back of the line?
2. Do you think it would be anywhere near possible for my Canadian 2LTRS IOM w/ IOM Trim to come in June. I was really hoping to have it for my graduation.

P.S thanks alot for coming on the site and trying to restore order
P.S i will PM you to get these answer lol and if i could used smileys/ emtoticons, i would used the suburban one.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #96
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
THANK YOU !!!

This is a PERFECT THREAD to illustrate one of the points I've been trying to make..............here's someone who wasn't even CONSIDERING a Camaro -- and lookie what happened!!!!
That's cool. But say he calms down from all this excitment and gets a level head and on Monday he goes to his dealer who was allocated 20 Camaros and he puts $1000 on the last one left unsold 2SS/RS....

When is the earliest he will see the car of his dreams, and what is the LONGEST he may be sitting on his hands waiting with no feedback from anyone where his car order has gone to?

I'm guessing the answer to my first question is "Sometime after 3/16" and "No later than the end of time."

P.S. The whole "allocation" scheme stinks to high heaven and it's one of the things you guys should be working to ELIMINATE. When I order a computer from Dell, I go to their website and fill out an order and press <ENTER> and my order is built and shipped to me WITHOUT having to sit around for all eternity because some incompetent boobs in my area hadn't sold meny computers in the last quarter/year/whatever.

Let me introduce you to a new concept for ordering cars. I call it "First come first served."

You guys should make this a PRIORITY. It will help you in ways no union-busting bailout loan could EVER hope to equal!!!!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #97
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Dear Mr. Fbod,

I would be honored if you could answer 2 questions for me:

#1: With a delay on production startup, will the date when you have to finalise your order before it goes to factory also be pushed back?

#2: On the other thread about todays IDL, it says that the factory might offer more stripes in the near future. I am wondering is this true, and are they talking about colors, or length as well? (Can I get factory bumblebees now?)

Thank you for your time, you are awesome and I for one appreciate all the time you guys put into this conmunity. It shows your love for this product.
I know I'm not Scott but I think I can provide some insight...
#1. There never was a date to finalize your order. But since your car is now going to be built a month later than it would've been (approximately), you'll now have some extra time to make decisions.

#2. While I know some things came out of the IDL that may not have been 100% factual, there's no reason to doubt the validity of the stripes. It's pretty cut and dry. I can't help you with the colors, length, etc though.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #98
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
2. We are NOT focusing only on V6s. We understand -- and frankly, are blessed -- that we have so many Camaro enthusiasts that have turned this car into a lifestyle -- (and some might say: addiction!)
Scott, the problem isn't in the month delay...people will get over that. Delays happen. The problem is this:

If you build V6's and V8's at a 50/50 ratio you WILL piss off a lot of preorders who will be forced to wait. GM knows the V6 is more important than the V8, hell, we all know that. But right now you've got a 80/20 ratio...you HAVE to ramp up V8 production more than V6 production.

Quote:
but when I hear someone say "GM doesn't care about us" I get a *bit upset*......
GM is a business obviously and they need Camaro's at dealerships so people can look, feel, touch, etc. However, the people taking the fall for this are the preorders...for every V6 you guys have sitting at a dealership...well, that's just one more V8 order not being fulfilled. Let the V8 owners market the car for you...when people see the V8's rolling around they WILL want a Camaro, and it's much better for everyone to get these cars on the road as fast as possible.

Just tell me why 50/50 is the selected build rate for right now...why would you do that to your customers...the people in the back of the V8 line, you're going to lose those customers...
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote