Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #309
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Just like a man. A woman speaks her mind so she must be all worked up...lol...nothing new there. Carry on...
Old 03-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #310
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Why would you assume that someone who speaks their mind must have their feelings hurt? Because I don't. I wouldn't expect anyone to nominate my car...lol...no one even knows who I am.

There were so many really awesome and deserving cars nominated here. But the minute it degenerated into people nominating themselves and each other...you totally lost me. You could have easily chosen the winner from all the COTW winners...or let people submit their cars with specs and then narrowed the field.

And what's all this about it not being a popularity contest? Really? The minute you started asking for nominations...it became a popularity contest...and the second you start voting...we'll all see who is the most popular....nothing more and nothing less.

Personally I think this was all an ill conceived notion geared at stroking a few people...and for what purpose? So one person can run around saying "I have the best car on C5." I think it's wrong to award such a title because...NO ONE has the "BEST" car on Camaro5...I think they all rock!
Woah now. My comment wasn't even directed at anyone in particular. I know how these things go and inevitably people by human nature can get upset if they felt their car should have been nominated. This whole thing is for fun. The people who nominated themselves failed to follow the rules and will not be considered in the running. There are many respected members cars that have been nominated. If people want to think of it and vote the most popular then I guess it is what it is. But we don't see it that way. We see many different cars with distinct personalities and themes. We're not even paying attention to the screen names as we judge. At the end of the day I doubt anyone is going to go around and hold this up over people claiming to be the best. It's a friendly competition to have FUN.

With that said, this is really tough to choose a top 10.

Last edited by Whiteside Customs; 03-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #311
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I want to see a thread call "Who's got the fastest Camaro on C5", and let those with the serious power post up their own vehicle and specs. LOL
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #312
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I want to see a thread call "Who's got the fastest Camaro on C5", and let those with the serious power post up their own vehicle and specs. LOL
Now were talking!!

In all seriousness, its a great thread and I'm glad that it was started so that everybody could post up what they thought was the best.

Without this thread, I woulda missed a handful of cars that I'd personally never heard about or seen.....and I'm all over this place!

Thanks for all the pics as we all have great thoughts about what it takes to make a killer car according to our peers.

Rock on.....
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #313
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Now were talking!!

In all seriousness, its a great thread and I'm glad that it was started so that everybody could post up what they thought was the best.

Without this thread, I woulda missed a handful of cars that I'd personally never heard about or seen.....and I'm all over this place!

Thanks for all the pics as we all have great thoughts about what it takes to make a killer car according to our peers.

Rock on.....
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #314
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
Woah now. My comment wasn't even directed at anyone in particular. I know how these things go and inevitably people by human nature can get upset if they felt their car should have been nominated. This whole thing is for fun. The people who nominated themselves failed to follow the rules and will not be considered in the running. There are many respected members cars that have been nominated. If people want to think of it and vote the most popular then I guess it is what it is. But we don't see it that way. We see many different cars with distinct personalities and themes. We're not even paying attention to the screen names as we judge. At the end of the day I doubt anyone is going to go around and hold this up over people claiming to be the best. It's a friendly competition to have FUN.

Yeah, as said, there are lot's of nice cars out there...

I "jokingly" said I have the best looking one, but I didn't nominate myself, and was very pleased to see my car get nominated anyway.

As for the "being FUN" part.. That's what matters most. In the end, they're all unique cars, and they should be appreciated for what they are...

As they say in French: les gouts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #315
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
No disrespect intended, but you seem to be taking this a bit too serious and reading more into this thread than you should. This is just for fun and WGAS if person A nominated person B and vice versa? I wouldn't worry about who was or wasn't nominated but that's just me. I know, I know, the Internet is serious business and maybe I take this too lightly, but it is what it is.

In all honesty, if the contest bothered me that much I would choose not to enter the thread rather than allowing myself to get worked up over it.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.
Well said!

Quote:
Just like a man. A woman speaks her mind so she must be all worked up...lol...nothing new there. Carry on...
I honestly wasn't sure if you were a man or a woman and my opinion that you over reacted a bit wasn't gender biased.

Quote:

Old 03-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #316
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
1. Mine.
2-10. I don't care.

Sorted.

LOOOL.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #317
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
Blacky's
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #318
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
This thread got slightly off track lol....
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #319
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
I honestly wasn't sure if you were a man or a woman and my opinion that you over reacted a bit wasn't gender biased.
Well I guess I need to get a better Avatar pic them...lmao.

Quote:

And I'm sorry Mike....since we know each other personally...I didn't mean to crap on your thread. You didn't do anything wrong...it's the behavior of others in this thread. Everything seemed to start out fine...but then after awhile people started nominating themselves, then their friends nominated them and then they nominated their friends. And all this multiple nomination stuff is totally ridiculous. A person can only vote once but they nominate four or more cars. That's BS...pick a car and back it or STFU.

I nominated a car that inspired me TWO YEARS AGO and that beautiful picture of Mindz' car influenced what my car ultimately looked like.

I had not been on this thread since I nominated Mindz a couple weeks ago...but then I come on here yesterday and see all these nominated cars with a dozen sponsorship stickers on them and I think WTH? Why are they being included? Are you going to judge a sponsored business venture against some individual's labor of love?

That's my ten cents and I promise to shut my mouth now...lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #320
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #321
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Well I guess I need to get a better Avatar pic them...lmao.
You're avatar pic is fine! There are alot of guys who put pictures of their girlfriend's, wives, etc in their avatar though. Didn't mean to insult you! lol
Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #322
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
The OP is more than capable of eliminating anyone outside the rules as it is his contest.

While I agree with Envy on the 'Labor of Love' and not a vendor car, it was not against the rules in the OP.