Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #15
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
If you can keep then I would. As for your PCS remember you have PCS move entitlments so some of that cost can be repaid. NIce car, best of luck..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #16
Npplchamp05

Drives: Jaguar X-Type, Camaro 2ss
Thank you all. It is a tough decision I guess I will have to make. I have a lot invested into the car since I had everything professionally installed. Also the area around Fort Benning is not great, so I am kind of taking that into perspective as-well. Thank all of you who are in the services for serving and stay safe!
Npplchamp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
ss375
Maddie Elizabeth

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
You're at fort benning? There are so many camaros around here... keep it! We can all go cruise on the weekends. Also, some areas around here aren't bad at all! I wouldn't trust leaving the camaro out anywhere below exit 7, but otherwise, it's not too bad.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
Npplchamp05

Yep I am at good ol' Benning. My problem is I live off of exit 3 lol. The place I live in is very nice and gated, you wouldn't think that the crappy area was all around it... I noticed that there are Camaro's every where!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #19
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
If you sell it you may regret since its first year 5th generation.

Nice ride BTW and thanks or your service. When I was in had similar situation since i was deployed so long. It's hard to let it set especially with the cost of insurance tags etc it can add up.

GLWS
Is first year 5th gens worth more or something?
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
ss375
Maddie Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npplchamp05 View Post
Yep I am at good ol' Benning. My problem is I live off of exit 3 lol. The place I live in is very nice and gated, you wouldn't think that the crappy area was all around it... I noticed that there are Camaro's every where!
Gottcha! Zoning down here is pretty strange. There are really nice neighborhoods but you go a street over and it's straight ghetto. Craziness! Well, whatever you choose to do, I hope it works out for ya! If you did want to sell it, I know it would sell quickly down here, but of course it would be more fun to keep it Welcome to Benning though, and I hope you enjoy your time here!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
waw! I would buy it.. but Im too far away.. :S I know that felling I sold my 2010 SS when I left my country to pay my full sail tuition.. but you know? you never know whats gonna happend tomorrow, I found a beautiful a z28 in excellent condition for 9.000 $ and know im so proud of my new car and I love it, so yes is sad... try to keep it but if no, hey there's a VI gen coming

also my best friend was a Colombian air force pilot (he died in duty in his 2nd mission last november :S) so I realize how hard can be in the military career I really want to thank you for your service
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #22
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
@Chevyman2 that is exactly the situation I am in. Payments, Insurance and all that jazz, along with a new PCS. Looking at housing, also fronting a lot of cash to get settled in.

I was also thinking about that; Since it is a first year 5th Gen I might regret it later on.

Thank you for serving as-well!
I believe if you have it in storage and take picture and go the insurance company they you will stop paying insurance on it. I Had a friend that did that for a month he was with state-farm

Don't get rid of it :(
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #23
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
Hey Npplchamp05, You're a trooper. Too much thinking on selling it or not always turns to a negative decision. Find other avenues to handle your expenses and keep the Bumble Bee. It will be a second thing to look forward too after family when time is severed.

P.S. Thanks for your service and many blessings
Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #24
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Sounds like you need to make a road trip to get the car back by bus.......You will take a big loss other wise...trust me I could afford to add cost on my 2011 2ss/rs triple black vert with 5k on the odometer i traded in about 3 months ago and got 33k for the 41k car by haggling up...now they have brought the price down on it to like 31 i can see it in the ads.....Its in perfect shape too. The instant you buy the car you drop five grand and basically the first few years a buck a mile....... Me and my wife are vets, why drive a jag? I used to have so many rides I would put one in storage basically for like five bucks insurance a month vandalism, then take it out by calling it in to the insurance when ever i wanted. And think of this how are you gonna sell it way down there now ? Much easier to sell a car in person........
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #25
Npplchamp05

Thank you for all of your help everybody right now I am trying to get the car shipped down here so I can make the final decision. I am trying to look at it from the perspective everybody has given to me that I will be taking a huge loss on the car due to the low mileage and upgrades.

On this note does anybody know a good reputable car company that will ship my car on the east coast from NJ to GA?

Thanks for all of your help.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
You do know that the Army will transport a vehicle when you PCS right? Keep it. Have them ship it to where you are going next and drive it on the weekend or when you get off to relieve some stress lol.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #27
Npplchamp05

They told me that they only do it if you are going OCONUS.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #28
ss375
Maddie Elizabeth

Quote:

On this note does anybody know a good reputable car company that will ship my car on the east coast from NJ to GA?

Thanks for all of your help.
I'm asking around right now to see what companies others have used around here. There are quite a few people from New Jersey, so I'll let you know if anyone from the area can recommend anything!