Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #99
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachDad View Post
are you saying that we can't speed shift or "no-lift shift" with the 2010 cars? There is a rev limiter so i assumed it was no problem. I have only had mine a couple weeks and have not been very hard on it yet. Thanks for any help.
I think there is something in NLS that is more "gentle" and doesn't completely limit acceleration, like the limiter. That's a question I have, too, though, because I can't find real information from GM on it yet...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #100
RoachDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
What 'Bear said.

I'm trying to find if there is an "OFF" function for PTM. I believe the Reviewer said that he ran without it, and that he launched just over 2000 RPMs for a faster, but not as consistant time. Maybe he just meant Mode 4...
ok, sorry for the confusion. I only watched it once. SHould have watched it a couple times before commenting.
RoachDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #101
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachDad View Post
ok, sorry for the confusion. I only watched it once. SHould have watched it a couple times before commenting.
Hey - if I'm wrong, then I want to know, so maybe I missed something

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #102
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
What 'Bear said.

I'm trying to find if there is an "OFF" function for PTM. I believe the Reviewer said that he ran without it, and that he launched just over 2000 RPMs for a faster, but not as consistant time. Maybe he just meant Mode 4...
Yes radz, I am looking for clarification on that as well...from GM it says...
"Mode 5 – Traction control set on Race, with stability control off and Magnetic Ride Control set on Track. Launch control tuned for VHT-prepped drag strips."

Sooo, I ask what does TC "track" setting mean?, and MRC "track" setting mean exactly? And launch control "tuned" for "VHT" prepped race tracks? Sounds to me like the electronics are still on to some degree limiting and/or monitoring something designed to control some function of the vehicle.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #103
Anniecamaro

Drives: yellow LT2 RS
For those that hate Chevy and gm .how many car under 60 run 3.8 0 to 60 and 12 sec 1/4 mile ??
Anniecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #104
zero

Drives: Black 2SS/RS LS3
For those of us who are server blocked from you tube does anyone know any other sites this video is on?
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #105
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Very impressive! I'm looking forward to the GT500 review they'll do for camparison, it should be interesting.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #106
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Yes radz, I am looking for clarification on that as well...from GM it says...
"Mode 5 – Traction control set on Race, with stability control off and Magnetic Ride Control set on Track. Launch control tuned for VHT-prepped drag strips."

Sooo, I ask what does TC "track" setting mean?, and MRC "track" setting mean exactly? And launch control "tuned" for "VHT" prepped race tracks? Sounds to me like the electronics are still on to some degree limiting and/or monitoring something designed to control some function of the vehicle.
Well - it seems that TC is probably somewhat there, because it has to manipulate power/traction, so there still has to be some intervention. On ZR1 - the MR was softened, too, to allow more weight transfer, but I'm not sure if that's going to be on ZL1, too - I wouldn't see why not...

So many questions, lol. I think you're right, though. I would like to see if everything can be turned off, though, because I've read and heard that Mr. Link's 'Ring run was with everything "OFF", so that leads me to believe that is something we're going to see, too...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #107
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniecamaro View Post
For those that hate Chevy and gm .how many car under 60 run 3.8 0 to 60 and 12 sec 1/4 mile ??
Don't even bother acknowledging these people. Someone who hates something, isn't going to admit or conceed anything even with facts staring right at them.

You'll be wasting your own breath.

As far as that peformance group, I'm certain it's a very small group of Cara compared to the population of factory showroom stock cars out there, but at the same time, it's not supercar territory, and I for one am perfectly fine with that.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #108
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
wow
Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #109
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Well - it seems that TC is probably somewhat there, because it has to manipulate power/traction, so there still has to be some intervention. On ZR1 - the MR was softened, too, to allow more weight transfer, but I'm not sure if that's going to be on ZL1, too - I wouldn't see why not...

So many questions, lol. I think you're right, though. I would like to see if everything can be turned off, though, because I've read and heard that Mr. Link's 'Ring run was with everything "OFF", so that leads me to believe that is something we're going to see, too...
When you initially turn the car on, PTM is off and stability control is on. If you tap the stability control button once (located in front of shifter) you will have turned of stability control, you have now turned off all electronic aides.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #110
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
When you initially turn the car on, PTM is off and stability control is on. If you tap the stability control button once (located in front of shifter) you will have turned of stability control, you have now turned off all electronic aides.
I'm not arguing - just confirming , but the car starts with Stability Control, but you have to activate PTM?

Thanks

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #111
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniecamaro View Post
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #112
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
I'm not arguing - just confirming , but the car starts with Stability Control, but you have to activate PTM?

Thanks
No worries, I have read enough of your post to understand you just want all the facts as do I. I had to read for 18 hours straight to understand it, finally found the new manual for the Camaro which includes all the ZL1 functions and it helped explain a lot.
That is correct, upon starting the car, the PTM is off and stability control is on (as a safety feature). You can select the mag ride, sport or tour. Pressing the stability control button one time will disengage the stability control which essentially turns off all electronic aides. Pressing the Sport button twice engages PTM, you can then select which mode of PTM you would like by using the - (tour button) or + (sport button).