Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Question K&N Filter - "Recharge" on a Garage Queen ?

My old 57 Belair that sees less than 500 miles a year has a K&N filter on it. The present filter has been on it for a couple of years. At the rate this car is driven the filter will never need cleaning but, does it need to be re-oiled or recharged to maintain it's effectiveness?
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
If its been more than a year since you've run it, I would say yes. Even though it doesn't get much mileage, dust may collect on it still. It can't hurt, the oil doesn't cost that much.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Thanks for the reply jcamaro, I followed your advice and recharged it.

and a little more to this...before posting here, I searched K&N web site, read the FAQ, and sent an email of essentially the same question to their tech support address.

They just answered me a few moments ago. What I find rather unusual is the footnote in the message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The statement above is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and is not to be publicized, republished, forwarded, copied or repeated without expressed permission from K&N Engineering, and only when done so in its entirety.If you are not a named recipient, you are also on notice of its status. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
Having lived in the "corporate world" make take on it is their leagal department told everyone they shall put this in all emails to the public.

So with that rather “strongly worded” notation, I will just ah… use my words and tell ya that it said to service it at 30K miles or when the dirt exceeds the wire mesh.

Last edited by hot_rod; 05-06-2010 at 06:24 PM.
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote