Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
did it come with any installation hardware and you just didn't feel like installing them because it involves removing the front fascia? If it came with installation hardware, I would use them. You don't want that thing coming off at highspeed and causing damage to your car, and/or cars behind you. Testing it by applying pressure and letting go is not the same as constant pressure/force applied during prolonged driving.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #16
LosingReality

Drives: Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
did it come with any installation hardware and you just didn't feel like installing them because it involves removing the front fascia? If it came with installation hardware, I would use them. You don't want that thing coming off at highspeed and causing damage to your car, and/or cars behind you. Testing it by applying pressure and letting go is not the same as constant pressure/force applied during prolonged driving.

It came with 4 screw.....yes i put them in.....I did the install the same, just didnt take off the front.
LosingReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #17
winston2ss
YDLYLB

Drives: Cgm 2ssrs
Looks good.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #18
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
Looks like my street scene
Old 09-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #19
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingReality View Post
It came with 4 screw.....yes i put them in.....I did the install the same, just didnt take off the front.
Cool. Hardware and tape, that thing is not going anywhere. You should be good to go. Looks really good btw. IMHO, a front splitter is a must for the V6 front fascia.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #20
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Looks good!
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
LAWNNBOY

Drives: 2010 CYBER GREY 2LT RS
Did you have any problems with it fitting to the contour of the bumper. I had to use caulk to fill in the gaps in the area below the running lights my fit was very poor.
LAWNNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #22
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWNNBOY View Post
Did you have any problems with it fitting to the contour of the bumper. I had to use caulk to fill in the gaps in the area below the running lights my fit was very poor.
Yep, mine was like that... but nothing like industrial grade silicone to fix it =)
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #23
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Added the Stillen V6 Splitter. I like I even installed it without taking the front off too! It was alittle bit of a pain in the butt, but ive heard taking off the front is too. But i made it work and got it on there. The tape for the sides seem VERY sturdy, i know a few people have had an issue with the tape....I figured i would give it a go with the tape and if it comes loose, i will epoxy it in place.

The way i did it without taking the front of is i had it resting on some boxes that were just the right height to support it against the car. I removed the back side of the tape and slid it into place....It took alittle bit of making sure all the tape wasnt stuck on, until i knew it was in the right position so i could adjust it. Once it was in position, stuck it all down and good to go.

The tape seriously seems strong, ive put a good amount of weight on it, trying to take it off and it wont budge. I DID use dawn soap on those areas, about 5 or 6 times to make sure all the wax was off first though. We shall see how the tape holds up in the heat tomorrow though.

Onto the pics.

The white and black looks killer bro!

add some gloss black 20's your car is perfect!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #24
LosingReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWNNBOY View Post

Nope, i think i got it in the perfect position, there are no gaps under the fog lights (or the lack of fog lights on my car ). The only issue i see is on the driver side right where the splitter ends at the fender edge....The splitter has a lip on that side and doesnt lay flush.....which is causing alittle tape pull up. So i have 2 options as of right now, File down the lip on the edge of the splitter so it lays flush and tape sticks. Or just add another layer of 3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape to fill in the gap. Its not a huge gap, but i am super picky about these things.....you dont even notice, unless you get right down close to it. I would just pull that part away, Add a couple inches of tape, over the already installed tape....then it will lay flush cause like i said, its barely an issue.

Tape still going strong everywhere else. Drove to work at 80mph....30min drive today too.

Thinking about picking up a 5 ft roll of 3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape. So that way if anything start coming off, i just double up on the tape to close gaps before i go doing the silicone.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #25
jagan323
I have no life

Yeah, with the silicone, i've done a drive up to 118MPH and the splitter is fine. Shouldn't be a problem!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #26
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Added the Stillen V6 Splitter. I like I even installed it without taking the front off too! It was alittle bit of a pain in the butt, but ive heard taking off the front is too. But i made it work and got it on there. The tape for the sides seem VERY sturdy, i know a few people have had an issue with the tape....I figured i would give it a go with the tape and if it comes loose, i will epoxy it in place.

The way i did it without taking the front of is i had it resting on some boxes that were just the right height to support it against the car. I removed the back side of the tape and slid it into place....It took alittle bit of making sure all the tape wasnt stuck on, until i knew it was in the right position so i could adjust it. Once it was in position, stuck it all down and good to go.

The tape seriously seems strong, ive put a good amount of weight on it, trying to take it off and it wont budge. I DID use dawn soap on those areas, about 5 or 6 times to make sure all the wax was off first though. We shall see how the tape holds up in the heat tomorrow though.

Onto the pics.

Lookin' good! What color did the lip come in? Flat black or did you have it painted that way?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #27
jagan323
I have no life

It's polyurethane, so it comes black stock.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #28
LosingReality

^ yep, came in that color.