Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #1
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Another LSA conversion starting...

Bought a used supercharger off of Ebay. Looking to use the ADM conversion kit - but have to figure out a way to get it shipped through USPS to APO. Currently ADM uses UPS. My car is a lot of fun in the UK and a blown camaro would be even more fun.

Car currently makes 477rwhp on a Vengeance VPRS II cam and supporting mods. But I am getting tired of the sewing machince sound and looking to quiet the opening/closing events of the valve train. I like the Cammotion cores so I am looking at the Cammotion stage II blower LS cam. I am also looking at the BTR stage I PD cam. But am a little leery of the comp cam cores...

I have my own EFI live handheld and Innovate dual WB O2 setup...

Any recommendation for a boost gage set up?

Looking forward to the surgery....

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
You can get the BTR type cam from cam motions. They'll custom grind it for you -- that is what I'm doing. GPI can help. Contact Rhino79...

Can't wait to see this one running!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
I think the btr cams are now coming with cam motion cores.
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
racesloth
Dan

Just called BTR and they I can get the PD stage I for $50 more ground on 8620 steel...

2010 IOM SS
Old 03-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Great! That is the way to go.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
racesloth
Dan

Don,

Read through your build (again). Thanks for the detail - Mine will be a little simpler since I will not have pull the heads and it is an M6 car. I will make a comprehensive list get all of the parts ahead of time such as brackets and bolts etc... One thing about the UK you can't just run out and buy what you need local.

The set-up should go nice with the LT headers and Corsa cat back. I have a full rear BMR suspension set up and along with the koni strs it will carve a corner. I also have the ZL1 brake upgrade too...

Can't wait...

2010 IOM SS
Old 03-30-2015, 05:05 PM   #7
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
A few things to take into account before installing or using an LSA supercharger.

1) if it is used, that means it was removed for a reason. Just replacing the coupler will not fix the problem if it is a unit with over 5000 miles on it.

2) If someone is machining the inlet side, please be sure they remove and re install the bearings ( with proper eaton bearings ). The machining process will most certainly destroy bearings, no matter how much tape you use.

3) NEVER let anyone touch the discharge side of the supercharger, that is an exact shape that is specific to the discharge timing of the supercharger. Any reshaping, or "smoothing" will disrupt the discharge event and create more heat and noise.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #8
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
Don,

Read through your build (again). Thanks for the detail - Mine will be a little simpler since I will not have pull the heads and it is an M6 car. I will make a comprehensive list get all of the parts ahead of time such as brackets and bolts etc... One thing about the UK you can't just run out and buy what you need local.

The set-up should go nice with the LT headers and Corsa cat back. I have a full rear BMR suspension set up and along with the koni strs it will carve a corner. I also have the ZL1 brake upgrade too...

Can't wait...
Me too!

Agree with making sure about the SC.

-Don
Old 03-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #9
SrtWtF

Drives: Nsrt & Camaro SS
I can't wait to do this to mines............. great choice
SrtWtF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:41 AM   #10
racesloth
Dan

Already in comms with Jon Bond for a full rebuild kit....

2010 IOM SS
Old 04-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #11
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
ADM LSA KITS

We are building these kits as fast as orders coming in,the current wait it now up from 2 days to 3 days to ship.Once ordered expect this small delay....The wait will be worth
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #12
racesloth
Dan

I have decided to go with the BTR Stg I ground on a Cammotion 8620 core.

I will also upgrade to Ron Davis heat exchanger and CSF radiator.

Plan is for upgrade rollers LS7 or CTS-V racing lifters with ceramic check ball??

Also plan to use ATI 8.19 damper - that with stock pulley should be good for 9lbs right?

Fuel changes will be ZL1Pump and ADM FPCM with ID 850 injectors.

Already have valvetrain upgrades - BTR springs, trunions and hardened pushrods. For tuning I have the EFI Live Flashscan V2 and Innovate dual WB O2 set up and the cabling so they can talk...

Bad news is I found a local brand new LSA block. So thinking forged rotating assembly and smaller pulley for mid 600rwhp...

2010 IOM SS
Old 04-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #13
Red Rag Top

Drives: 2014 Convertible L99 -ADM LSA Conv.
I am doing a 2014 L99 to LSA conversion with a kit from Andy at ADM/LSA Conversions. The performance shop that is installing this would like a starting point to begin the dyno tuning. He prefers SCT tuners and would like an MTF file to begin with.He is concerned that the stock L99 tune will not be any good as a starting point. Andy does not use SCT tuners and cannot help. Some guys on this forum may have already gone thru this so I hope to gain from your experiences. Can anyone help me out and provide a starting point tune (stock ZL1 ?)in a MTF file ?
I spoke to Andy ad ADM and my complete conversion kit went on order Tuesday. I am having a local speed shop (registered Magnuson installer) install the LSA kit as well as a CAI intake and Stainless Power long tube headers with high flow cats into the already existing 2.5 inch Solo Performance Mach XL j pipe exhaust.I love the Solo exhaust, NO drone at any speed but hit the gas and she growls nicely. The AFM is a little annoying but that will be tuned out when the LSA goes on.
I recently sold my 2011 Mustang Convertible and got a low mileage 2014 Red Camaro 2SS Convertible L99. The Camaro is much more sophisticated, fun, and better looking car !!! I have been following this forum for the past 2 weeks and been doing my homework for a supercharger conversion. After much looking over the aftermarket options ( Edelbrock, SLP, Magnuson, Whipple), I found the thread on an LSA conversion and I was hooked. My thinking is it is better for resale and reliability to go with an OEM conversion rather than the aftermarket systems.I am not looking to drag race but want more useable low end power and the whine of a supercharger. I know all the aftermarket options will make more power but for me the LSA conversion seems to fit my needs best.I just want to be confident I can show a new mustang 5.0 my Camaro tail lights.
I am having it dynoed before and after.Stock I am thinking 320-330 HP and after probably ~460 per Andy.That is probably the best I can expect keeping the stock pulley, L99 cam with VVT and 2.5” exhaust.
Top down weather is JUST around the corner, I gotta get the LSA conversion DONE !
Roger
Red Rag Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:49 PM   #14
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rag Top View Post
I am doing a 2014 L99 to LSA conversion with a kit from Andy at ADM/LSA Conversions. The performance shop that is installing this would like a starting point to begin the dyno tuning. He prefers SCT tuners and would like an MTF file to begin with.He is concerned that the stock L99 tune will not be any good as a starting point. Andy does not use SCT tuners and cannot help. Some guys on this forum may have already gone thru this so I hope to gain from your experiences. Can anyone help me out and provide a starting point tune (stock ZL1 ?)in a MTF file ?
I spoke to Andy ad ADM and my complete conversion kit went on order Tuesday. I am having a local speed shop (registered Magnuson installer) install the LSA kit as well as a CAI intake and Stainless Power long tube headers with high flow cats into the already existing 2.5 inch Solo Performance Mach XL j pipe exhaust.I love the Solo exhaust, NO drone at any speed but hit the gas and she growls nicely. The AFM is a little annoying but that will be tuned out when the LSA goes on.
I recently sold my 2011 Mustang Convertible and got a low mileage 2014 Red Camaro 2SS Convertible L99. The Camaro is much more sophisticated, fun, and better looking car !!! I have been following this forum for the past 2 weeks and been doing my homework for a supercharger conversion. After much looking over the aftermarket options ( Edelbrock, SLP, Magnuson, Whipple), I found the thread on an LSA conversion and I was hooked. My thinking is it is better for resale and reliability to go with an OEM conversion rather than the aftermarket systems.I am not looking to drag race but want more useable low end power and the whine of a supercharger. I know all the aftermarket options will make more power but for me the LSA conversion seems to fit my needs best.I just want to be confident I can show a new mustang 5.0 my Camaro tail lights.
I am having it dynoed before and after.Stock I am thinking 320-330 HP and after probably ~460 per Andy.That is probably the best I can expect keeping the stock pulley, L99 cam with VVT and 2.5” exhaust.
Top down weather is JUST around the corner, I gotta get the LSA conversion DONE !
Roger
Here is my lsa build. It is awesome.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395063
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote