Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
ADM Street or Race CAI?

I read up on these 2 on the website. Is the only difference the amout of HP that is claimed to be put out from their CAI's? I notice there is around a 2-4 HP increase from the Street to the Race. Anyone have any experience with either one of these?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
No...the differnce is one has an opening in the lid that will allow you to keep your stock washer bottle (street version). With the race version you have to remove your washer bottle in order to install the air scoop. You'll then need to either buy or make a solution for your washer bottle if you still want one. Good thing is that there are a handfull of options for relocating your washer bottle including one that ADM sells.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Frid

Cool thanks for clearing that up. Still debating whether to go with the Cold Air Inductions CAI or ADM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Very similar intakes. You should probably pick the one you like the looks of the most. Although I believe in supporting Andy so my vote would be for ADM.

BTW: do a search on the ADM air scoop. You'll see a handfull of threads out there that show how works and the difference of having the washer bottle or not. I definately like having the air scoop no matter if you go CAI or ADM intake.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
My vote would be Cold Air Inductions CAI, ADM scoop, and Roto-Fab washer bottle, if you need a bottle.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Black1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 Speed
I was thinking about going with the ADM race because I like the way it looks
Black1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Injen FTW
Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
I have the ADM Race with scoop and RotoFab washer bottle. I have installed a CAI on a friends car and I like the look and fit of the ADM better. I'm with Caverman I support Andy as well. He is a top notch tuner and a great guy to do business with.
bpoirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
Frid

Still having a hard time deciding. Both are good it seems. I'm not really keen on getting the scoop. But the ADM does look better IMO. But CAI still shows a good putout even without the scoop. If the numbers are right for the ADM street, I may not want it, although I'm sure when I get tuned it won't be a big difference between the CAI intake and the ADM street. Am I correct on this? Pretty much what I'm saying is that I like the looks of ADM street better than the CAI intake, but not sure of the HP its puts out compared to the CAI intake. Hope I can get some clarification. TIA
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Both will give you about the same bump in power. I have the black CAI and love it.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
Still having a hard time deciding. Both are good it seems. I'm not really keen on getting the scoop. But the ADM does look better IMO. But CAI still shows a good putout even without the scoop. If the numbers are right for the ADM street, I may not want it, although I'm sure when I get tuned it won't be a big difference between the CAI intake and the ADM street. Am I correct on this? Pretty much what I'm saying is that I like the looks of ADM street better than the CAI intake, but not sure of the HP its puts out compared to the CAI intake. Hope I can get some clarification. TIA
CAI, RotoRab and HallTech are Great Choices.

CAI is a Very Popular choice in Cold Air Kits, because of it's Performance, Fit, Finish, and Quality, also Customer support is the Key to success.

We also Offer Scoops due to a supply and demand problem, if you so desire for an extra 5 RWHP combined with the CAI 14 RWHP for a total of 19 RWHP.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
You cant go wrong with ADM if those are the only 2 you are considering. but like Ted said, there are other great options, I'm running a Roto-Fab, it works with my functional hood to be a true cai.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
asrautox

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm torn for a few reasons:

1. The ADM looks better IMO
2. The CAI performs 'slightly' better
3. I can do the CAI and Scoop seperately, but would have to do them at once with the ADM race and I won't have a garage until August.
asrautox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Black1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 Speed
Ted, when you were listing the good cold air kits, you didn't say ADM. From what I have read, it is a good kit and you sell it in your site. I really like the look of the adm but I want to make sure you still recommend it.
Also, I didn't see on your site were you had a package deal for the adm cai and your act tuner. Let me know if I overlooked it and if not, pm me a package deal for the adm street cai and sct tuner with your custom tune.
Black1SS is offline   Reply With Quote