Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #15
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Terry Labonte Chevy in Greensboro, NC has a gorgeous RJT 2SS and a VR 2LT on the lot right now.

They also have a slightly used SIM 2SS RS with black rally stripes and Flowmaster Supper 44 axle back exhaust installed. (Dude found out he's going to be a father shortly after taking delivery of the car and had to opt for a family car). Startup and rev sounds awesome.

So there are cars out there to be purchased...

Last edited by Edrock; 08-31-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:44 AM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftdust View Post
Because many prospective buyers don't have the patience to wait 4-6 months to get a car - it's a wicked ride no doubt but there is a point when you simply have to move on. Get them on the lots and make them available - quit making your Malibus and Equinoxes and put all your plants on the ONE car that is actually selling - the Camaro. The whole "hard-to-find" game is over.
lol production knowledge fail.

lol sales knowledge fail.

lol business knowledge fail.

If you haven't checked, Malibus are still selling extremely well and Equinoxes are flying off the lot. There is actually a wait time for an Equinox similar to that of a Camaro, believe it or not. Dealers in my area can barely keep them in stock. Impalas are still selling very well for an antiquated platform, GMT-900s are still selling in the tens of thousands every month. GM cannot put all of its cards into the Camaro because it is not the car for everyone. People still want sedans, people still want trucks, people still want SUVs, people still want crossovers. GM has to deliver in all segments. That's how you run a successful car company, offer a wide range of products that appeal to a wide range of consumers.

Furthermore, you have absolutely no understanding of what goes into producing a car. GM cannot have every assembly plant switch over to Camaro production overnight. Unless the plant in question is a flex plant, it requires weeks, sometimes months, of retooling, a very expensive process. For example, the Lordstown Assembly plant is currently retooling for production of the Chevy Cruze, a car that isn't going into production until APRIL of next year.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
lol production knowledge fail.

lol sales knowledge fail.

lol business knowledge fail.

If you haven't checked, Malibus are still selling extremely well and Equinoxes are flying off the lot. There is actually a wait time for an Equinox similar to that of a Camaro, believe it or not. Dealers in my area can barely keep them in stock. Impalas are still selling very well for an antiquated platform, GMT-900s are still selling in the tens of thousands every month. GM cannot put all of its cards into the Camaro because it is not the car for everyone. People still want sedans, people still want trucks, people still want SUVs, people still want crossovers. GM has to deliver in all segments. That's how you run a successful car company, offer a wide range of products that appeal to a wide range of consumers.

Furthermore, you have absolutely no understanding of what goes into producing a car. GM cannot have every assembly plant switch over to Camaro production overnight. Unless the plant in question is a flex plant, it requires weeks, sometimes months, of retooling, a very expensive process. For example, the Lordstown Assembly plant is currently retooling for production of the Chevy Cruze, a car that isn't going into production until APRIL of next year.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:45 AM   #18
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
Things will start to get much better. The biggest delay was caused from all the preorders. They had to fill 6 months of preorders before most new orders could be filled. Soon, orders will begin to be filled immediately and dealers will have excess stock on their lots.

Hang in there a little while longer.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 AM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Oh, and someone in my area just got their Camaro after 5 weeks. That's about the standard wait time for any ordered vehicle, so I would think Oshawa's finally up to speed.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 AM   #20
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Oh, and someone in my area just got their Camaro after 5 weeks. That's about the standard wait time for any ordered vehicle, so I would think Oshawa's finally up to speed.
yep, my dealer told me 4-6 weeks. which is why i havne't ordered mine yet! but they are definitely speeding up!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #21
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
since i had to endure this horrible wait... everyone should...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #22
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Quote:
Because many prospective buyers don't have the patience to wait 4-6 months to get a car - it's a wicked ride no doubt but there is a point when you simply have to move on. Get them on the lots and make them available - quit making your Malibus and Equinoxes and put all your plants on the ONE car that is actually selling - the Camaro. The whole "hard-to-find" game is over.
Go ahead and buy something else. Leave the Camaro you would have gotten for someone who wants the Camaro experience more than that of an imitation.

Then you can deal with selling whatever you bought at a loss to get the Camaro you should have waited for.

The BEST things in life are worth waiting for!

Are you a TROLL?
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #23
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuron00 View Post
Things will start to get much better. The biggest delay was caused from all the preorders. They had to fill 6 months of preorders before most new orders could be filled. Soon, orders will begin to be filled immediately and dealers will have excess stock on their lots.

Hang in there a little while longer.
Yeah but did they have to do the AVIS fleet before some pre-orders? I'm kinda uninformed on that move by GM so forgive me if i'm totally off. I just vaguely remember people saying that avis had rentals of camaros before some pre's got delivered.

Hell i'm just totally still amazed on how how people have pre-ordere/ordered vehicles they never even sat in. I must commend everyone on being a true camaro fan because I totally wouldn't buy a car for the name/history if I haven't sat in it first....which I haven't even sat in it LOL. It's like rolling the dice for me.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #24
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
I ordered "blindly" in October of last year, and picked up my 2SS on July 15. I was not disappointed AT ALL. I think in a way the "blindness" even made the experience sweeter!
smhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #25
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:

What a great idea! Not like GM is having any financial issues. Lets just throw all eggs in one basket, that will keep GM on its feet. Not like the Malibu has been rated best in initial value for past two years, or that the Equinox has been the number one selling in its segment, and thats Before the 2010. And fyi... The waiting list for the 2010 Equinox is about as long as it is for the Camaro.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #26
terryg75

Drives: Cross flags and 3 pointed stars
Gm is finally getting up to speed. We've been getting our order's in about six weeks. And as far as dealers go, you get more car's to order when you have a quick turn-around after they hit the lot. We were actually going out and buying them for over sticker and selling back down at sticker just to get our allocation bumped up. And it seem's to have worked out well for us. We're just randomly ordering car's now because we aren't getting enough "sold" orders. However, we're still selling them at MSRP though because the market demands it (but i'm honoring GMS/SUPPLIER) and i'm the only dealer in my area that can really get them at the moment. If you guy's try to order car's from dealer's that have only sold a handfull of them it will take longer to get your car. I'd say that if you've waited more than 3 months for an order to go thru you might be getting the run-around though.
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #27
terryg75

Drives: Cross flags and 3 pointed stars
And there's more profitablity in the new 2010 Equinox. GM needs to be building more of them and not the Camaro. We could sell them 15 to 1 over the Camaro right now if we could just get more of them! And the new Malibu has been out selling the Accord since it came out too. Not too shabby in my opinion.
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #28
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Happy its speeding up for some of you guys. I ordered in July and Ill be at 1100 till prob late oct. or nov. Ive been searching for allocations anywhere in my state or within about a 500 mile radius and no luck. I could find a car but I want to order so I get what I want. To the guys waitin 5-6 weeks wow thats crazy and you should feel very lucky. There are people who have been waitin a lot longer than me so I cant complain much but to say there is no problem is false. I know its about allocation and as far as I know no one in my damn state has any so anyone know any different pls let me know. Otherwise I'll wait on my original order and hope its gets picked up soon.