Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #71
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
If you're talking to CAMARO people about a CAMARO, They'll know what an SS is. No one wants to brag about their cobalt SS, their HHR SS, etc. If you're talking about an SS to the point of "check this out." The muscle car people will know that you're taking about a Camaro SS. Otherwise they'd laugh that you think your cobalt SS compares to their chevelle/camaro/corvette.

So by the same reasoning you guys are saying don't use SS, I'm saying go for it with the SS badging.

If you guys are so inclined and pissed off, follow fastball's advice and stick a SC on the ls3. You'll have your own Z28 GT500 killer.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #72
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLovers View Post
Personally I'm with this LS/LT crap. I don't care if all other regular chevy models come with that, it's rediculous IMO as a previous Camaro owner and still enthusiest. Why not just say RS vs. having an RS package? Corvette is not LS/LT/ZO6 is it?

Sorry, just venting a little.
i like the rs package because it gives us halos and afterburners...

and i remembe telling f-bod to add a lights package so i feel partly responsible

chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #73
Chogan2200

Drives: 96 Cavalier "Scarlet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Straight from the horses mouth

Will there be a Z28 model?

CP: "There will be no Z28 model. Through the four generations of Camaro, there have been cases where Chevrolet chose to make the Z28 the top dog or the SS the top dog. As you're aware, Chevrolet is encouraging the SS strategy with cars such as the HHR SS and Cobalt SS. Consistent with this strategy, we have a Camaro SS."

heres the link to the full interview

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...wer/index.html

that makes perfect sense, and at the same time, none whatsoever...

I'm not the biggest Corvette fan out there but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a Corvette SS....?
Chogan2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #74
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Its not about a badge. Its about what under the badge that counts!

I have to agree with Bowtie Guy Z28, Why put it on a CTS-V and not the Camaro... good point.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #75
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chogan2200 View Post
that makes perfect sense, and at the same time, none whatsoever...

I'm not the biggest Corvette fan out there but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a Corvette SS....?
A corvette SS would be the equivalent of a ZR1. They won't use the SS name on a corvette because GM feels that, ALL CORVETTES ARE SUPER SPORTS!!!

If you want the article I read that from you will have to give me time to find it...
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #76
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLovers View Post
Personally I'm with this LS/LT crap. I don't care if all other regular chevy models come with that, it's rediculous IMO as a previous Camaro owner and still enthusiest. Why not just say RS vs. having an RS package? Corvette is not LS/LT/ZO6 is it?

Sorry, just venting a little.
THe Vette comes with 4 separate LT option packages, there is no LS cause there is not such thing as a Vette with steel wheels...Its just an option package label....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #77
CamaroLovers
Chevy Luv

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
No one refers to a Camaro as an Ss or Z28. If you go up and talk to a random person, try telling them you drive a Z71, Z24. you'll get the deer in headlights look. People refer to a camaro as a camaro ss or camaro z28. I've NEVER heard of anyone just say I have a z28...
Yeah, now we get to say, "Hey, come check out my Camaro LT!" I can't believe they are going to throw this LS/LT junk on a Camaro
CamaroLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #78
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
you always end up losing a lot of money when you do something like that...and then if you finance it you might be upside down on your loan...

thats always unpleasant
Ya, but I'm sure some of the Corvette guys here can say they were in the same boat. There's some people that keep waiting for the next year because "something better will be out next year". Then the next year comes, then the next year, then the next year. At some point, you just need to give in, otherwise you'll never own the car you've always wanted. Also, I wouldn't expect a Z28 within the first year of launch. You only live once. The Camaro is back, so go out and buy that SS.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #79
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
All I'm saying is that words could have been chosen carefully. I am not laying claim to knowing anything personally.

No one has whispered anything into my ear and said they WILL do this or the WILL do that. Sit back and think about this for a second. All the architecture will already be there...All the underpinnings...etc. The engine will need to be upgraded. CHECK. Testing will need to be done. I'd be surprised if GM hasn't done testing on the Z28 yet.

GM WILL sell all Z28's made. I'm sure of that. It would be a bad business move IMO if they didn't come out with it yet. Maybe they want to get it right and need more time on it??? Right???

You guys can get upset if you want.

You guys can continue to listen to Scotts words and "have faith."

I, for one, will be waiting for the info to be revealed from GM about the Z28. I know...some might say, "Dude....they just told you about the Z28." No (IMO)....they didn't.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #80
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
THE Z28

Ok so I dont feel like writing on ever damn no Z28 thread.

Look we all knew or should have known there would be no talk of a Z28 today. Also for those who will say "but but its not on the spec sheet," nor is the vert are you going to start crying "wait no vert WTF." The Z28 will most likely by a 2010 model, you dont think GM would spend money to advertise a Z28 TF2 do you???

I am so tired of this stupid crying. Just read the threads and you would know about this!!!

Last edited by Blizzard; 07-21-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #81
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
All I'm saying is that words could have been chosen carefully. I am not laying claim to knowing anything personally.

No one has whispered anything into my ear and said they WILL do this or the WILL do that. Sit back and think about this for a second. All the architecture will already be there...All the underpinnings...etc. The engine will need to be upgraded. CHECK. Testing will need to be done. I'd be surprised if GM hasn't done testing on the Z28 yet.

GM WILL sell all Z28's made. I'm sure of that. It would be a bad business move IMO if they didn't come out with it yet. Maybe they want to get it right and need more time on it??? Right???

You guys can get upset if you want.

You guys can continue to listen to Scotts words and "have faith."

I, for one, will be waiting for the info to be revealed from GM about the Z28. I know...some might say, "Dude....they just told you about the Z28." No (IMO)....they didn't.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #82
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
Ya, but I'm sure some of the Corvette guys here can say they were in the same boat. There's some people that keep waiting for the next year because "something better will be out next year". Then the next year comes, then the next year, then the next year. At some point, you just need to give in, otherwise you'll never own the car you've always wanted. Also, I wouldn't expect a Z28 within the first year of launch. You only live once. The Camaro is back, so go out and buy that SS.
+10
Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #83
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Thank you! God, I feel like I need to go get my baseball bat!!!

What if Cheryl said, "No vert."

...........mmm hmmm.....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #84
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
that monster is probably going to be priced closed to 50,000 and you could also spend the extra money on the ss

but i understand your dilemna...

i want a concertible ss rs I have to wait till 2010 that mean i'm going to be freakin 26 by the time i get the car i want...thats horrible
Welcome to the club. Age and all.