Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #29
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Oh yeah all of those that complained about the interior? Please listen to the man!!! Its a bunch of stuff taped together for testing purposes. If the interior is better than the concept then I cant wait for a pic of it! Gonna be sweet. I will be getting the SS for that is my initials! Scott Simmons
Old 03-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #30
KreitlerKE

Drives: 09 F-150 Lariat (miss my 90 RS)
Send a message via AIM to KreitlerKE
I will change my initials if it means I can get an SS! LoL
Old 03-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #31
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Though, in MY mind, the GT-500 fighter is going to be the Z28, and the 'base' V8 will be the SS. Otherwise, Ed wouldn't have mentioned 'SS'...
sorry i have to disagree... he says " we are going to have the base vehicle and the ss.... and (the o'sh#t, i shouldn't have said that moment.) all that. but even..."
so i'm thinking that there is a camaro that is it... no name plates..(z28, ss) for the base just a camaro v8, or v8 camaro.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjczk71 View Post
I disagree. I think the GT500 fighter will be something new, based off of the SS model. I think GM is going back to the first gen theme with the badges. The Z28 was not the end all be all Camaro, and neither was the SS. They were both high performance, with the Z28 made for the track, and the SS more for the drag strip. I think GM will come up with something new. Hmmmm....I wonder if GM will do a COPO for me??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by swazworth View Post
sorry i have to disagree... he says " we are going to have the base vehicle and the ss.... and (the o'sh#t, i shouldn't have said that moment.) all that. but even..."
so i'm thinking that there is a camaro that is it... no name plates..(z28, ss) for the base just a camaro v8, or v8 camaro.
We'll see in a few months, thats all. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want 'SS' to be the mainstream V8...but I've had my ear to the grapevine for a while ...again - I hope I'm wrong.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #33
Raven

Drives: 2001 Z28
Was there ever a doubt that there wouldn't be an SS and a Z28? I just thought that the debate was which would be top dog...not which one would BE.
I am very glad to hear what he says about the interior tho...very exciting and can't wait to see it!!!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #34
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Better than the concept interior. Wow, that is one hell of a statement. I'm so excited.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Was there ever a doubt that there wouldn't be an SS and a Z28? I just thought that the debate was which would be top dog...not which one would BE.
Yes, you're right. I guess it's the first time it's been said, officially. So that brings some relief/excitement. Man, if he had just kept going, I'll bet Z28 was going to be the next thing out of his mouth. Instead he replaced Z28 with the dramatic pause.... The only thing better would have been an "UUuuhhh"

I'm just kidding. I have much for the man, I wouldn't want him to look bad in any way.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #36
Wedgy

Drives: 2004 Aveo
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
Oh yeah all of those that complained about the interior? Please listen to the man!!! Its a bunch of stuff taped together for testing purposes. If the interior is better than the concept then I cant wait for a pic of it! Gonna be sweet. I will be getting the SS for that is my initials! Scott Simmons
Whats he going to say, that the production car will have a crappy interior?
Of course he said its going to be better than the concept!

I know that the interior was just a bunch of stuff held together by hot glue and Velcro, and I do have high hopes for the finished product.
But the spy shots still had the overall same design as the concept just more plastic... I.E. the two big knobs sticking out of the dash; thats where I hold most of my reservation, the stereo and climate controllers.

One thing he did address directly was the console gages... thats one thing I could do with out. How about a nice little spot to put my loose change,
pack of gum, and my cell phone? That would be far more useful than a tq gauge, or any other gauge you can't see while driving. Pure retro poopy.

also I hope it has better seats than my 4th gen did... then again a milk crate would be an upgrade to them... O ya, and no hump on the passenger floor
Wedgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #37
Sweeper

Drives: 2008 Suburban
V6 will have power and fuel efficiency........sounds like a direction injection V6 from the caddy to me!
Sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #38
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
(Oh, and we've now got further proof that the leaked interior shots weren't actually of the interior.)

further provides proof of my "they would use anything they could cobble together to create something that would most closely resemble the actual production car from parts lying around..."

Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #39
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
There's something about those S's huh? I can't wait to see the grill of that new SS. More than likely the Z/28 going to have the Bigger Badder engine right? There's just something about the SS grill that I just got to have those S's. Maybe cuz I got an SS already and I want to keep that going. Man.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #40
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreitlerKE View Post
I will change my initials if it means I can get an SS! LoL
My initials are already SS, an Omen!
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #41
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Sweet news, though we knew either badge was coming, it's still cool to officially hear it.. even in a "oops!" way.

Well if I can't get new photos, I'll take info!

I'm hoping the Z28 is Top Dog but really, I don't care, I just want my V8 Camaro like now!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #42
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
the first video isnt working =(. but i bet gt500 fighter will be dubbed the I-ROCZ 09... jk. i dont know what i want, the sig explains the jist of it tho