Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #1303
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
What people such as PQ are missing is this;

If they called Mr. Hooper the monday after this happened and said "We are very sorry, we had a rogue employee break into the dealership and totalled your vehicle. While this is a very trying time for us here at the dealership, as well as you, we would like to offer our heartfelt apologies and assure you we will make this right again"

Then offered the car with 3k more miles + $4,000 cash, i'd be able to see reason for John to take it. HOWEVER, they offered this after what? Two weeks? Three? Of beating around the bush and trying to get out of it in every possible way.

However the Dealership lost Possession of the vehicle when the service writer took the car and the keys for a joy ride. Dealerships obligations ceased at that point with anything to do with the car. Period. That is why the cops didn't require the dealership to provide insurance for the accident... The accident report will have Nothing to do with the dealership on it aside the thief taking it from there. It would not have mattered who took the car. As soon as they fired that baby up they were responsible.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #1304
rraff
Banned

Drives: Roof & 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post
You couldn't be more wrong! I've been a member of Camaro5 for quite some time but couldn't for the life of me remember my old username and password, I don't live on internet forums like some, lol.

I'm a performance car enthusiast who has owned both Ford and Chevrolet products as well as others and may just pull the trigger on a C7 once my GT500 is paid for and if I do, I'll purchase that car from First State Chevrolet! They have treated my family well for over 25 years and I feel as badly for them as I do the Hoopers..
No Mas Panto lonase
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #1305
McCarthy

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
However the Dealership lost Possession of the vehicle when the service writer took the car and the keys for a joy ride. Dealerships obligations ceased at that point with anything to do with the car. Period. That is why the cops didn't require the dealership to provide insurance for the accident... The accident report will have Nothing to do with the dealership on it aside the thief taking it from there. It would not have mattered who took the car. As soon as they fired that baby up they were responsible.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #1306
GT500guy

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraff View Post
No Mas Panto lonase

Not sure what that means nor do I have the inclination to look it up, how about in English?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #1307
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Diddo on all below...And thanks for being a class act business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ572 View Post
I don't own a Gen5 Camaro ('73 for me), but several of my family members do. I came here near the beginning, hoping to voice my support for the OP, but quickly found anything I would've said had been and will be repeated 100 times over (other than if my dealer called me a prick or compared me to the criminal who stole my car, they'd no longer get my respect or the benefit of any doubt...and that's all I have to say about that).

But, I did want to comment on the vendors here who are offering to ease the pain a little. It speaks volumes of your service, and I know I can feel confident in your business. Needless to say, a LED Interior upgrade, a cold-air intake, and a nice sway bar will fit nicely for upcoming birthdays, and I'd like you to know you've caught the attention and gained a customer who might have not known about your business, had it not been for your class act in this matter! Thank you, Diode Dynamics, CAI, and PFADT!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #1308
idon'tremember

Drives: pos s-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
do you seriously believe that???
do you have any idea what garage keepers insurance is?
http://www.dealers-insurance.com/gar...agekeepers.php
and yes i have at one time in my life owned a dealership and was required by law to carry that insurance to be able to have a dealer's license
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #1309
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
Yeah. I don't get that one.
Dealer had it, lost it, are responsible for it, period.

I don't care if the virgin Mary came and got it, it was entrusted to them, and they assumed liability for it's safekeeping when they accepted it into their possession. Whether the dealer lost possession or not is inconsequential - they assumed the risk, liability, and responsibility for it when accepting it. How their own insurance isn't covering it, I have a hard time understanding.

Say, they have a rogue employee who does an inside job and they steal 10 Corvettes on a Sunday. You mean to tell me they have no coverage for this? I find that hard to believe. I can't fathom how the OPs insurance would get stuck with this, unless it's a "we'll cover now, and go after the dealer's insurance" situation.

As to being a shill for the dealer, be pretty hard considering I'm in Florida
I use this same nick on gm-volt.com forums, and (inactive since I unloaded the Cobalt SS) have a history at cobaltss.net.

I've just been thinking logically. Dealer is responsible, no doubt, and should have handled it better, and WAY quicker. However, this is almost like an episode of "Leverage" the way it's been played out...
Old 01-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #1310
rraff
Banned

Quote:
Not sure what that means nor do I have the inclination to look it up, how about in English?
Liar Liar pants on Fire D.F.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #1311
TurtleTamer

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post

As to being a shill for the dealer, be pretty hard considering I'm in Florida
The thought crossed my mind on you, yes, but for the record I'd like to say that I don't believe that about you. Too many statements of pure logic that I happen to agree with, and I think you do a good job of keeping neutral.

As for GT500guy, I don't have the balls to openly and DIRECTLY accuse you of such, but to clarify: I do wonder about it in general, and based solely on your claim of familiarization with the dealer as well as being (seemingly) blindly on their side, when there has been some obvious mismanagement of the situation, then there's enough evidence for me to justify a suspicion. It's also completely within the realm of plausibility that this would happen, as evidenced by the obviously fake reviews on google-plus. When the negative ones all have been left by people with names, and the positive ones are ALL five stars and ALL made by "A Google User" (at least the past five or ten, didn't look further back than that) then I'm pretty well convinced that these reviews are plants by someone in cooperation with the dealership.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #1312
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong! I've been a member of Camaro5 for quite some time but couldn't for the life of me remember my old username and password, I don't live on internet forums like some, lol.
This is true.. PM sent.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #1313
rraff
Banned

Quote:
I guess I should update my profile too: I drive a 2014 Mercedes Benz 450 SLC
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #1314
GT500guy

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraff View Post
Liar Liar pants on Fire D.F.
Interesting, you know nothing about me but because I've tried to interject logic into a heated debate, I'm a liar.. If that makes you sleep better at night, have at it!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #1315
rraff
Banned

Quote:
Interesting, you know nothing about me but because I've tried to interject logic into a heated debate, I'm a liar.. If that makes you sleep better at night, have at it!
I think ya been here as long as I have. I do not have a dog in this fight. I say you may or may not be sleeping with the owners (s)
Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #1316
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTamer View Post
The thought crossed my mind on you, yes, but for the record I'd like to say that I don't believe that about you. Too many statements of pure logic that I happen to agree with, and I think you do a good job of keeping neutral.

As for GT500guy, I don't have the balls to openly and DIRECTLY accuse you of such, but to clarify: I do wonder about it in general, and based solely on your claim of familiarization with the dealer as well as being (seemingly) blindly on their side, when there has been some obvious mismanagement of the situation, then there's enough evidence for me to justify a suspicion. It's also completely within the realm of plausibility that this would happen, as evidenced by the obviously fake reviews on google-plus. When the negative ones all have been left by people with names, and the positive ones are ALL five stars and ALL made by "A Google User" (at least the past five or ten, didn't look further back than that) then I'm pretty well convinced that these reviews are plants by someone in cooperation with the dealership.
I went down a similar road, except mine didn't have a cliff at the end. And I visited that road twice, Feb-Apr 2012 (gm-volt link: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....w-Car-Question), and July-Aug 2012 (GM-Volt link: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....f-the-story...)

So in 7 months, I went through 3 Volts! The last one has been phenomenal, 16mos, and about 13K miles so far.

I'm neutral, but leaning towards the OP in that he needs to be righted, and a this point, I think it has reached the point where they should provide a new, equivalent 2014 ZL1, and everyone move on.

However, I think the way the dealer's been treated, with the information we have, has been very unfair... again, with the info we have.
They've been charged, tried, convicted, and hanged in the court of public opinion, and haven't even had their day in said court.

When the Hoopers get their ZL1, their nightmare will be over.

For the dealer, it's just beginning. The internet does not easily forgive.

Do they deserve it? I dunno... time will tell. I'm a 3rd party, do not know the OP, do not know the dealer.
If they didn't, problem is, you can't erase the InterWebz. Once stuff is there, it is there forever...

My fear, is that when everything is said and done, we're all going to have an "Oh shit" moment, myself included.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1