Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
AAC Afterburner 2.0

I don't know if I just had bad luck or what but after about 2-3 weeks on my car leds in each light went out. some more then others but now it looks horrible. Now I'm by no means dissing the companies (these were bought through jdp) as I know they will replace under warranty but my issue is I drive my car daily and apparently jdp wants me to send back the broken lights then they will send me new ones. which means I need to separate my tail lights again, reseal them, unseal them again, install new lights and reseal them again. With this much work I'm almost thinking of ditching them all together. sucks because I really like how they look and they were a gift from my wife. I wouldn't want her money to go to waste. Maybe if she got me the plasma ones it'd be different. Anyways guys I'd just be careful when purchasing these and keep an eye out for bad leds because the replacement is not fun

Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Damn that sucks. The afterburners look so nice too. I really wanted a set of the technostalga lights but for all the problems they have its not worth the hassel
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:39 PM   #3
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Damn that sucks. The afterburners look so nice too. I really wanted a set of the technostalga lights but for all the problems they have its not worth the hassel
yeah it deff does. I like the fact they have a warranty but why do they have to make it such a hassle.and just the fact on how long they've lasted. right in the middle of show season too
Old 05-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
Lombardi

UPDATE. My wife contacted JDP again and their sending 4 new ones. and it turns out my wife ordered the plasma but they sent led. I never noticed because she never told me which ones she ordered. So sounds like everything will work out. I'll updated once I get them.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
damn hopefully the plasmas are a better quality, I've been thinking about getting rid of my technostalgias because of all the problems and installing these. how hard is it to bake them open?
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
damn hopefully the plasmas are a better quality, I've been thinking about getting rid of my technostalgias because of all the problems and installing these. how hard is it to bake them open?
you actually don't bake them. you can heat them up to help but your pretty much cutting the lens from housing. It wasn't to hard tho. I just traced it with a really sharp razor. then you reseal with silicone
Old 05-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #7
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
JDP motorsports is great company with good customer service. However, I wouldn't be buying anything AAC/Oracle.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #8
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
you actually don't bake them. you can heat them up to help but your pretty much cutting the lens from housing. It wasn't to hard tho. I just traced it with a really sharp razor. then you reseal with silicone
Any updates with the plasmas?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #9
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS View Post
Any updates with the plasmas?

Yeah. Don't buy em. Apparently they were the plasma lights and the second set they sent are ruined now too. Didn't bother to get a third set since it appears they don't last long. Looking for new lights now.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #10
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I had a led out within a week on mine. I think I have 2 out now
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #11
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Thanks guys! I thought so.

MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:36 AM   #12
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
So you are saying you have received 2 sets of these lights and both are no good??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
Yeah. Don't buy em. Apparently they were the plasma lights and the second set they sent are ruined now too. Didn't bother to get a third set since it appears they don't last long. Looking for new lights now.

K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #13
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke View Post
So you are saying you have received 2 sets of these lights and both are no good??
Yes. And it's more then just one or two lights out. I'd say each one has roughly around 25% of the light out. Very upsetting.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:34 AM   #14
DarkCry956

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a few lights out on mine too. Never tried contacting them for warranty. I forgot who I bought them from too. I think it was directly from AAC
DarkCry956 is offline   Reply With Quote