Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
jjy59

Drives: '02 Trans Am WS6 (407 RWHP)
Exclamation Some accessories can be listed on your window sticker.

All:

For those of us who look to the future "collectability" of the 2010+ Camaros, you should know (if you don't already) that a limited number of accessories (LPOs), when purchased at the time of the order, will be listed on the window sticker. This list is growing but for now includes:

* 21-inch wheels (RPO codes VZN and VZP)
* Ground Effects (RPO code VPD)
* High Wing Spoiler (RPO code 5V5)
* Engine Cover (RPO Code VYX)
* All stripe packages
* Car Cover (RPO codes VRB and VRU)
* Hurst Short-Throw Shifter (RPO code VYV)

Note these items are also available "over the counter" from your dealer after ordering but if you'd like them listed as part of the Window Label (as GM calls it) get them when you order your car. This is very easy for your salesman/dealer to do using his Workbench Configurator.

Currently, this list does NOT include the other accessories we've heard about, such as exhausts, headers, intakes and interior trim kits but who knows, they might be available for sticker listing later . . .

Personally, I think it's cool to have uncommon options listed on the window sticker but to each his own.
jjy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Isshinryu

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS yellow/black
Anyone know why the Husrt short throw shifter is not on any windowstickers? I ordered it andI'm sure others did but for some reason the option has a stop order at the plsnt.
Isshinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
use Search....it's all there.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Welcome, jjy59!

Thanks for the post. That should be common knowledge to most regulars here at Camaro5, but since new folks show up everyday, it still could be new and useful info. to some. Keep participating!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
jjy59

Thanks and oops . . .

Thanks for the kind welcome, Rodrunner! I'm not a newbie to the car enthusiast world but I certainly underestimated the knowledge base on this forum, as evidenced by my somewhat naive post. Live and learn, right? Anyway, I'm glad to be here, although I can see Camaro5 could end up "costing" me close to $40k in the next couple of years if I continue to maintain my enthusiasm over the new Camaro!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #6
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy59 View Post
All:

For those of us who look to the future "collectability" of the 2010+ Camaros, you should know (if you don't already) that a limited number of accessories (LPOs), when purchased at the time of the order, will be listed on the window sticker. This list is growing but for now includes:

* 21-inch wheels (RPO codes VZN and VZP)
* Ground Effects (RPO code VPD)
* High Wing Spoiler (RPO code 5V5)
* Engine Cover (RPO Code VYX)
* All stripe packages
* Car Cover (RPO codes VRB and VRU)
* Hurst Short-Throw Shifter (RPO code VYV)

Note these items are also available "over the counter" from your dealer after ordering but if you'd like them listed as part of the Window Label (as GM calls it) get them when you order your car. This is very easy for your salesman/dealer to do using his Workbench Configurator.

Currently, this list does NOT include the other accessories we've heard about, such as exhausts, headers, intakes and interior trim kits but who knows, they might be available for sticker listing later . . .

Personally, I think it's cool to have uncommon options listed on the window sticker but to each his own.
what your saying makes little to no sense, your quoting rpo's as lpo's? very different things my friend. try not to mislead people.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isshinryu View Post
Anyone know why the Husrt short throw shifter is not on any windowstickers? I ordered it andI'm sure others did but for some reason the option has a stop order at the plsnt.
Just in case you didn't get the answer to this, there were some issues with the Hurst shifter and it was put on "hold" for now. It was originally a dealer installed option, but GM is trying to move it to a factory installed option. So for the time being, the Hurst won't appear on window stickers. There are a few threads that talk about this in further detail.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #8
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Just in case you didn't get the answer to this, there were some issues with the Hurst shifter and it was put on "hold" for now. It was originally a dealer installed option, but GM is trying to move it to a factory installed option. So for the time being, the Hurst won't appear on window stickers. There are a few threads that talk about this in further detail.
wrong...

the demand for the shifter was so great, that it was figured that it should be a option installed by the plant; as to give them time ie money to make it happen but in order to do this there are certifications in order to make this happen. thus the delay.

feel free to search up on the forums for the post that confirms this as it was from gm people from what i remember.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #9
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
wrong...

the demand for the shifter was so great, that it was figured that it should be a option installed by the plant; as to give them time ie money to make it happen but in order to do this there are certifications in order to make this happen. thus the delay.

feel free to search up on the forums for the post that confirms this as it was from gm people from what i remember.
I think more details will be out on this shortly. Until then, the reasons don't matter much. It is on hold for now until we hear more from GM.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #10
Isshinryu

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS yellow/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Thanks camaropete. I hadn't seen anything else on it. I was lucky enough to be able to track my camaro internally and saw the stop order. Thanks again.
Isshinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #11
Rodrunner

And the availability date for the Hurst has been moved up to Q3.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #12
jjy59

Bolteon593, I don't intentionally try to mislead anybody and you need to pull in the reigns before accusing someone of doing so. So here's the deal, quoted directly from GM's own Initial Ordering Workbook, " . . . select accessories are offered as dealer-ordered LPO accessory options". It continues, "Some of the available dealer-ordered LPOs are listed below with their respective RPO codes". Any questions?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #13
Rodrunner

jjy59, your OP is entirely correct. In an attempt to further confuse buyers, GM, at various places, calls the codes for the items you listed - RPO, or "Free Flow RPO Codes". They are all LPO dealer installed options and those codes are all actually LPO. I think most of us picked up on that, but I can certainly understand why bolteon593 called you on it. You were talking about LPO options, but appeared to list RPO codes!?! And then there's guide number, allocation, concensus......