Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should GM have done more to separate the '11 synergy from the '10
Yes - they should have changed the name on the color for '11 10 6.17%
Yes - they should have retired the color 69 42.59%
No - it was a limited edition had nothing to do with color 67 41.36%
I have no idea what you are talking about but wanted to respond to a poll anyway 16 9.88%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #85
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
The real question is - how many 2010 folks will trade up to a 2011 to get the color with a v8 drivetrain. Then the color can be credited for selling two units to a single purchaser. Score :-) ...
I will not be trading up but I will either add 1 of the 403 manual trans 2010's or a 2SS/RS SGM with a manual 2011 either of which will be used in about 2-3 yrs.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #86
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The 2011 Camaro in Synergy Green will NOT have Green interior panels or green stitching -- and you can order it with various stripe packages - or no stripe package whatsoever. You can also order wheel options - on the 2010 Model, you could not.
I am in no way calling out fbodfather (I am a bit surprised that this one got by you ole boy) - but for those who are fortunate enough to create your own synergy special edition:

Assuming this post is correct the amo or ago order code will provide you the green door panels on the 2011 models...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102296

Guess we have the stitching that makes the synergy special edition special. time for a clearly my sense of business runs counter to the new GM. Suppose if we all seen things the same way the world would be pretty boring.

Maybe if we wait till September an order code will appear for the green stitching.

Last edited by formare; 08-26-2010 at 04:34 PM.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #87
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
a word of wisdom....

this post is dated, so this may be old hat by now, but i am a 2-time corvette owner, and can understand the outrage of someone that bought a 2010 SG B2E. i have a new 2011 SG 2SS and the color is what i love that is what got me, at the time i ordered mine, the interior panels were not on the order sheet so i hope to still order them or paint them. little things like the green stiching are exclusive, and all the features u can got on a 1LT but at a great price. that RPO makes it special and for someone like me who wanted a SS, and frankly a HUD, like i had in my vettes, i can build up to that package on some levels, but i will pay more, and can never say is it one of 2500 cars, or that it was a package. GM and other car makers often try out specials colors or features to test the waters so to speak. that being said, the color is still limited avail(ordering is only avail to nov at this time), and the verts come out next year, will SG even be avail? no one can tell, and frankly GM needs to sell cars. I can say i will never claim i have a SG edition car, mine is simply a SG 11 2SS thats it. i can live with it and enjoy it. as a corvette owner, i am used to colors coming and going. I had 83U (atomic orange) in 07 it was the rage..i had a Z06 to boot, and that color lasted 3 years thats it. in the vette world limited editions are normal, that year a ron fellows edition (399 made) were the rage..along with pace car edition in AOM. So in the end, the B2E has better gas mileage, a full RPO dedicated to the package, so feel proud, and know all the 2011 SG camaros out there cant claim RPO status, just color code 708S thats it. I am personally happy with the 11 SS, mainly for the HUD, LS3, hurst shifter option that i got (and had to wait to get) i will have to order or paint the doors inlays, but hey thats life in the big color world. i love GM since they do special editions, and this one was great since the price was under 30k. Remember no one got the green sticthing, but B2E. i am going to adds houndstooth inserts myself, i like making it 1969 and BCM a hertiage grill

enjoy and smile all the B2E owners, u are in a great club..the rest of us wish we had the green stitching....
matt....
2011 2SS color code 708S MN6 no stripes. GM Hurst short-throw shifter option.
previous cars
2006 vel yellow C6 MX0 lots of extras coupe
2007 83U AOM Z06 highly tuned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
We will have to agree to disagree about what makes it special.

The package including the spoiler, the stripes, the stitching, the auto with remote start, C&C, backup sensors, green door panels with ice, and being a special edition all made the decision of buying a V6 1LT in 2010 vs me waiting and ordering a 2011 SGM SS without all that.
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote