Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-14-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2014 ZL1
CAI Install Issue-help please

Ok...I installed the CAI in my ZL1 a couple months ago and noticed no issues. Today I went to install the vmax throttle body and found that the black tube that hangs off of the elbow is rubbing one of the pulleys. It rubbed a hole straight through it. So I am trying to reposition it so it doesnt rub but its still to close. Any Ideas as to what is causing this? I did a search and came up with nothing.
Anbody know what this thing does and how to get it to not rub?
Attached Images

mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Make sure you put the elbow on the correct way. The port where that little container connects will be in a different spot if you flip the elbow around. I had to flip a buddy's of mine over because a local performance shop put his upside down and had the tube shoved up under the engine cover. You can also adjust the position by rotating the fitting that screws into the elbow. Except looking at your pics, it doesn't look like you have any adjustment like on my Rotofab. Let us know what you find out.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Email us some pictures showing the entire CAI and installation, with those close ups it is really hard to see what is going on and know if something is out of spec and/or installed incorrectly. Judging by those images it looks like things may not be positioned correctly, pictures showing the whole installation will say for sure. Nothing should be rubbing, I can tell you that most definitely/. My direct email is bhylton@coldairinductions.com and I would be happy to look them over with the engineer and see what may causing the issue.

- Bill
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Make sure you put the elbow on the correct way. The port where that little container connects will be in a different spot if you flip the elbow around. I had to flip a buddy's of mine over because a local performance shop put his upside down and had the tube shoved up under the engine cover. You can also adjust the position by rotating the fitting that screws into the elbow. Except looking at your pics, it doesn't look like you have any adjustment like on my Rotofab. Let us know what you find out.
Yeah I tried to test fit it flipped around yesterday but it made it even worse. I am in contact with CAI to see what the issue is.
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote