Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #169
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Based on some of the comments in this thread, I think too many of you have never watched Top Gear. It's not intended to be Motor Week. It's entertainment!

Grab a beer, sit back, and enjoy it for what it is...The Camaro getting some international screen time.

:5thgenvert:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #170
black_camaro_SS

Drives: 13 BOSS LS
Send a message via AIM to black_camaro_SS
Does anyone know when this was filmed???? I know they really dislike american cars..... other than hammond. I wonder what the specs on that Camaro were and when it was filmed. When they reviewed the GT500 (flame suit on =( ) It was a pre-production model with No SVT tuned suspension, no brembos, the wrong crank damper and intake manifold. It was basically a mustang GT with the 5.4L in it. Top Gear is a bit sketchy but the cineamatography is great and it is very entertaining.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #171
SVT_SRT

Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_camaro_SS View Post
Does anyone know when this was filmed???? I know they really dislike american cars..... other than hammond. I wonder what the specs on that Camaro were and when it was filmed. When they reviewed the GT500 (flame suit on =( ) It was a pre-production model with No SVT tuned suspension, no brembos, the wrong crank damper and intake manifold. It was basically a mustang GT with the 5.4L in it. Top Gear is a bit sketchy but the cineamatography is great and it is very entertaining.
The Show is for entertainment and the hosts are all actually journalists. The show also often gets pre-production models for filming purposes and the models are not quite up to par.

As stated above things they changed on the GT500 for production were,

New crank damper (half the weight and size)
added brembos
Added tuned suspension
Changed intake manifold (wasn't getting enough air to the S/C)
.................................................. ................................

Now for the Camaro didn't they re- flash the computer in the l99's or something???

and one more thing, the AMG 0-60 4.5 seconds (Camaro is similiar)...blah blah blah
you have to pay attention to the word use they said the AMG is faster i.e. Top speed, but they failed to mention who was quicker I mean if they line them up in a straightline I am sure it would be a great race

SVT_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #172
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Not unexpected, but still entertaining I'm not sure how apples-to-apples that even was, but whatever. Still my favorite show.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #173
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelboily View Post
The review wasn't so bad, the comparison was a good thing, so it could be hold agains a higher standard manufacturer and a better car but it's when they gave the time away 1:27.9 they all started to laught like it was a big joke...sad. :(
When you look the the Power lap board the Camaro is on top of a lot of "better cars" and more expensive ones... and the ones it should be compared in it's category.

Here is the POwer lap board:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml
Thanks for the list, i was looking for this. Not bad considering we beat out a m3, sti, evo, and 911 turbo. I would of thought those could have took us in a track course comparing stock to stock.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #174
balagan

Drives: V6 RS SW
Strange!
balagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #175
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I hear Adam Corolla wants to do an American version of Top Gear. I dare say it would be better.
If left to enthusiasts and out of the hands of "journalists".
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #176
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthGenRS/SS View Post
what a funny video they used a E63 in stead of a C63 because camaro would spank the shit out of the C63 lol the E63 is more like a CTS-V they just cant have an American car beat a Euro car it is like comparing a camaro aganst an M5 and not the M3 i have ran an M3 and beat it this video is
The Camaro does not beat a C63 off the line or in the 1/4 mile and that's FACT.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #177
vsound

Drives: 2LT RS Camaro: RY w/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
I hear Adam Corolla wants to do an American version of Top Gear. I dare say it would be better.
If left to enthusiasts and out of the hands of "journalists".
On that topic...

Do you think it would be a completely different show? What I mean is America is a place where the middle class really does rule supreme. Being filthy rich is not necessarily a good thing here in the States. I live in a small town, but of the millionaires I know, the majority drive American sports cars, such as Corvettes, or even Shelby Mustangs or SS Camaros. I even have a cousin in the insurance business in LA with more money than he can count, and he just purchased a used Chevy Tahoe. Not to say he is cheap, because he does have old classic American cars in his garage.

Maybe it's just from my perspective, but the rich in America don't really desire to look like European royalty. We like our American worker heritage, and we drive it.
vsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #178
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
look at some of the cars the camaro beat out and it is pretty impresive... too bad TG didnt point that our...

BMW M3 csl 1.28.0
Roush mustang 1.28.0
WRX Sti 1.28.2
Mitsubishi Evo X 1.28.22
Dodge viper srt-10 1.28.5
Ford Shelby GT500 1.30.0
Vauxhall Monaro VXR 1.30.1
Aston Martin DB7 GT 1.30.4
BMW M3 1.31.8

not a bad list of cars to beat...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #179
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
Thanks for the list, i was looking for this. Not bad considering we beat out a m3, sti, evo, and 911 turbo. I would of thought those could have took us in a track course comparing stock to stock.
And don't forget to mentionned the ROUSH Mustang! The only dissapointment is that it didn't beat the 370Z....bummer..

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #180
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
i dont get the point of 1- comparing a muscle car to a sport sedan. 2- a camaro to a car twice the price, and 3- why they thought the "body parts in the car" was funny... this video was biased, and not a fair comparo... although the driver guy seems to have the right idea of which car is better
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #181
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
I like that E63 AMG. I'd buy a Camaro over it, but that Benz as a nice sound.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #182
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
it didn't beat any current 911 turbos. come on now. the Cayman S which is Porsches entry level car was faster.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track1.html
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote