Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
This may not make anyone feel any better about getting your car sold out from underneath you but...

When a sold order (SRE) is processed it has the name, address and phone number of the purchaser. If the car is then delivered to anyone but that person, GM looks at closely and not in a favorable light.

The dealer that does it risks the possibility of having their sold order privileges taken away for quite some time.

This is done to prevent dealers from submitting phony sold orders to get hot cars built quicker as opposed to stock units.

Again, if this is happening to you or someone you know, GM is watching and I'm sure there will be penalties down the line for offending dealers.

That being said, I want to mention that whatever dealers do with their business is their choice and I m not passing judgement on any of them. If they charge over MSRP, bump up the price after having a written agreement or whatever the "game du jour" is, that's up to them, right or wrong.

However, I will tell you (with backup by some members here) that I would not be sleeping well knowing I was doing that to our customers. When we ordered these cars and agreed to MSRP, THAT'S THE DEAL and it will not change. If I order a car for you and then you wait 7 months for it thinking it's one price, and then when it arrives, how could I possibly look you in the eye and say that's no longer the deal? I wouldn't want it done to me or my family and that won't happen here at Bast Chevrolet (at least while I'm in charge).

While we have only taken a total of about 25 orders since day one, every single one of these customers know that if they change their mind before the car gets preferenced, they can have their deposit back. They can also rest easy knowing that what we agreed to is exactly what they will be getting and perhaps then some. I just think, that as a car enthusiast myself, doing what's going on to customers doesn't fit with the way I do business. Never has and never will.

I also can't apologize for the way other dealers do their thing. I can only say that it doesn't fly at Bast Chevrolet.

BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Thanks
Old 05-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #17
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssJB View Post
and what if the person cannot get financed? Does the dealer have to explain themselves to GM?

If they ask, we provide a signed buyers order and deposit to show we ordered in good faith. Honestly, if the customer couldn't get financed the car should have never been ordered in the first place.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I have a question RPO Z28 - What happens then if, like i have seen in these forums, someone orders more than one car from multiple dealers? Would this not reflect negatively on a dealer when this consumer cancelled his orders from other dealers to take the first car that comes in? Or would GM keep track of people with multiple orders (assuming they used the same name) and not penalize the dealers.
Just curious.

Glad to see there are scrupulous dealers out there. Keep up the good work!
Again, the customer can drop deposits all over the place and the other dealer's would never know. But if GM audits the dealer, they better have a legit reason for taking the order. Usually, no deposit means there was no deal. They want to see receipts.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #19
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
There are still some of the 1000 points of light on that shining city on a hill out there...

Props!
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #20
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Sad state of affairs when a man has to profess his integrity.
I'm not sure how to read that.

I think it's a compliment.

Thanks, if it is.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #21
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
If they ask, we provide a signed buyers order and deposit to show we ordered in good faith.
I guess the same would apply for a cancelled order??
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #22
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
I guess the same would apply for a cancelled order??
That's correct.

Basically, the idea is to prevent a dealer from putting in a sold order under the following name(s):

Seymour Heiney

Claude Balls

I.P. Daley

Heywood Jablome

You get the idea.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #23
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
That's correct.

Basically, the idea is to prevent a dealer from putting in a sold order under the following name(s):

Seymour Heiney

Claude Balls

I.P. Daley

Heywood Jablome

You get the idea.

Don't forget Chuck Wagon, Sue Veneer and OneHung Lo.
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #24
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I would like to tell you my story. First just let me start by saying I am just a simple guy from Alabama who has loved Muscle cars all my life and have absolutely dreamed of a car like this, there are not too many old Cmarao's around to buy and fix so when I had the chance to buy this car I was excited.

I like most ordered my car in October 2008. I had to change my order in November because I found out that Orange Accent really was not what I thought. So I ordered a 2SS Red Jewel Tint Coat, 6 Speed manual, Cyber Gray Metallic stripes, Black leather, engine and car cover with polished wheels. Like most I did not know anything about allocations, I was told you order it, they build it and you will get it.

So I have been waiting like most since October, the more I have read on this site the more I learned about allocations. WELL, Friday a week ago I learned that the dealership I orderd from would be closed and this past Monday the dealer called me and told me that I would not be getting my Camaro since he would not be receiving any allocations. The dealer tried to help me by seeing if another dealer would order the car for, of course many would at 5 k over sticker. My original deal was for sticker. Of course I refused to pay and became very frustrated and downright mad since I have been a loyal BowTie man for 25 years. I have purchased a new truck every year since 1992, and we all know how much they cost, plus I had just bought a 2008 Hummer H-3 Alpha ( V-8 Model ) and to learn that my order was just flushed down the toilet to me did not seem right. If I ordered a new one then I would be losing the intial price protection which means it would cost at least 1000.00.

I called customer srvice. NO Help.

So with some help from a few Forum members ( HYLTON ) I wrote a letter to the CEO of General Motors and told him my story and how I thought it was sorry that General Motors did not care enough to take care of the loyal customers who were affected by the dealer closing that pre-ordered these cars, sight unseen, not test driven and when we ordered we did not even know the price, but because of our loyalty ordered this car, and I sent it to him via e-mail.

Well 45 minutes later I received a response and telling me he appreciated me letting him know what was going on, thanks for my loyalty yada yada yada. I figured that would be the end of it. But was I wrong, very wrong. About 2 hours later I received an e-mail from the General Sales Manager over all dealerships in the United States and he wanted to know what my story was, so I continued to tell him just as I have wrote in this forum my story and sent it back, once again thinking that would be the end of it. This was this past Friday 5-22-09. Later that afternoon I received another e-mail from this man stating that he was lookimg into my order to see what could be done and that he would try to expedite it.

Well this morning I went to our local dealership because they were having the unvaling of the first new Camaro in our area. So I loaded up my little boy and we took off. Once arriving of course there was alot of people to view this 2LT, It was beautiful Black on Black Vin 4504 built 4-9-09, anyway the General Sales Manager came up to me and introduced himself and asked if he could talk with me, of course I said yes and told him how much I liked the car too bad it was a V-6. What Happened next floored me, he told me that he knew who I was and that I WOULD be getting a 2010 Camaro just like I ordered because my order had been transferred to his dealership and that he had received another allocation from General Motors just for my car and that it should soon be on its way, he also informed me that I would receive price protection and that my original deal of sticker price would be honored and that my car was #1 priority at his dealership. I am still in disbelief, so once I returned from the dealership I checked my e-mail and I had received an e-mail from the General Manager stating that things will be took care of. HOW AWESOME.

Let me just say this, if you are in the situation of a dealer closing GM will take care of it. I did not threaten them with bad press, lawsuits or anything, I simply just asked for help and they came through albeit I had to move up the chain but they took care of it.

Before I left the dealership, the interent sales manager came up to me and introduced himself and let me know that the dealership had received a call from someone and that I was priority #1, not just my car but me as a customer. I guess nice guys do not always finish last. Thanks You Hylton for your help and advice and to the dealerships from Wisconsin and Illinois who was willing to help me get a car ( Dropdahammer and Kooter81.) My faith and confidence has been restored by General Motors. As soon as I get my new car I will definately post them. Bad Ass Boys Drive Badd Ass Toys, 2010 Camaro 2SS. Thanks all, I look forward to reading your comments
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Quote:
So with some help from a few Forum members ( HYLTON ) I wrote a letter to the CEO of General Motors and told him my story...asked for help and they came through albeit I had to move up the chain but they took care of it.
Thanks Jekel,
Sounds like good people within GM if you can get to them, pity that the obstacles make one look like a salmon swimming up stream...
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #26
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
BTW What happend to M J's car?
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #27
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
BTW What happend to M J's car?
who knows... we were rying to help her..... then the thread got closed
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote