Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
paint chipping question

Ok so I have a 2012 ss camaro 45th anniversary edition that I bought new on Dec 22 2011...I wash this car very carefully and I noticed 2 spots that are chipped on the paint...neither are from accidental damage because they are on crease line areas where nothing could damage them id door dings and so on...one is on the a piller driver side next to the windshield and the other is on the rear passenger side at the edge where the rear marker light is......I have NOT touched either spot for any form of modification so I think the paint is chipping on its own...has anyone heard of such a thing? And this should be covered by warranty correct?
Old 08-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
Ok so I have a 2012 ss camaro 45th anniversary edition that I bought new on Dec 22 2011...I wash this car very carefully and I noticed 2 spots that are chipped on the paint...neither are from accidental damage because they are on crease line areas where nothing could damage them id door dings and so on...one is on the a piller driver side next to the windshield and the other is on the rear passenger side at the edge where the rear marker light is......I have NOT touched either spot for any form of modification so I think the paint is chipping on its own...has anyone heard of such a thing? And this should be covered by warranty correct?
45THanniversarySS,

Apologies to hear about the paint chipping. Paint would be covered against defects in material or workmanship under the vehicle's New Vehicle Limited Warranty (bumper-to-bumper). An official diagnosis at a GM dealer would be required to determine what is actually causing the paint to chip. Let me know if assistance is needed with setting up an appointment. Is there a dealer you'd prefer?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
Yes but sadly I'm deployed until January so I can't fix the problem until I get back
Old 08-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
Yes but sadly I'm deployed until January so I can't fix the problem until I get back
Well please keep us posted and thanks for your service.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote