Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Delivery Delay to So Cal

Hey guys, this is my second post on here I've been following the site for quite a while (I ordered my 2ss rs RJT M6 at msrp in July).

Basically, I ordered it from Selman Chevy in Orange, and delivery was due today (23rd). I was told by the fleet manager that GM is dumping cars on the rail yard because if they get them to the dealers by years end they'll count them as sales. Obviously I don't have the car yet, and apparently theres been a delay. I was also told that once it's on the truck, theres no way to track it? (one car was due the 11th and isn't there yet) any ideas?

Anyone else had problems receiving their car on time in socal?..I noticed another thread from a guy in Mira Loma but that was a while ago I think...
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Lyndita

Drives: 2010 Camaro SSV8 Transform Edition
Yep, my 2SS Transformers Edition was supposed to arrive December 16. It's still at the rail yard in Mira Loma waiting for a truck (and it must be getting very dirty), although it was taken off the train on December 18. There is no way to track Calif trucking companies, so at this point we just keep checking with the dealer. I was also told that many trucking company drivers can't drop off the cars if the dealer doesn't have anyone there to sign for it because of the holiday. So A LOT of deliveries will take place Saturday and Monday because many dealerships are closed Friday and Sunday. Hang in there! We'll have a Merry Christmas and a Camaro New Year!
Lyndita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
there are 4 Camaros sitting on the lot of Glendora Chevy. I heard they are a MSRP dealer too.
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Cool more california peeps! Please visit the California section!

My car sat at Mira Loma for 4 days before it was put on a truck...and it wasn't a holiday! Hang in there guys!

And yes, the cars are sitting there accumulating dust. I couldn't believe how dirty mine was when they pulled it in to the dealership.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
BOOTZILLA
Banned

Drives: Black 2010 SS/RS
Once it's loaded on the truck, it's shipped to the dealer within 24 hours.

The dealers really don't know squat, and they'll tell you anything to get you off their backs.

Mine was delayed over a month. And my dealer never told me what the delay was until it was already on the rail and headed towards California.

Don't trust the dealer. And don't do all the work for the service department.
BOOTZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Lyndita

Drives: 2010 Camaro SSV8 Transform Edition
Bootzilla - since I'm a newbie here, could you please explain what you mean when you say "don't do all the work for the service department?" Have you had problems getting your Camaro or other Chevy serviced at a dealer? I plan on not doing any major mods yet because I don't want to void the warranty, but should I worry about the warranty service anyway? Thanks for your input!
Lyndita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndita View Post
Bootzilla - since I'm a newbie here, could you please explain what you mean when you say "don't do all the work for the service department?" Have you had problems getting your Camaro or other Chevy serviced at a dealer? I plan on not doing any major mods yet because I don't want to void the warranty, but should I worry about the warranty service anyway? Thanks for your input!
He may be referring to some of the issues myself and several other members were having in getting information. Or, he may be advising you to be careful of your planned mods.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
2ss-booya

Delivery

Thanks alot guys for the responses. I'm sure it'll be there soon. It's just nerveracking haha, I've waited since July for the car, and it seems like the last week is the hardest. I'm crossing my fingers for saturday hopefully.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Dude, I know exactly how you feel! I put my order in somewhere near the end of February. My dealer got allocation in June and I took delivery in August! Hang in there, it won't be too long!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Thanks alot guys for the responses. I'm sure it'll be there soon. It's just nerveracking haha, I've waited since July for the car, and it seems like the last week is the hardest. I'm crossing my fingers for saturday hopefully.
Tell your salesman to save all the paperwork. Also, if you want pictures "as delivered from the factory" tell him not to have all the window stickers and such removed when they prep the car for you. And tell them not to install the front license plate. I bought mine from them and told them that up front. Not sure if they do it automatically.

Good luck and come to some of the local events. Its the best way to learn about mods and exhaust sounds

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
2ss-booya

Delivery

Yea I'm definitely looking to upgrade the exhaust. I've heard the car sounds rather wimpy. Whens the next meet in socal?...or should I browse the socal forum?
Old 12-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
miztahcamaro88

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro
My car took 9 days to go from Mira loma to my dealer in Monrovia and the dealer told me the same stuff about them not being able to track it. My expected delivery date was nov 24th and I got it on the 27th. Don't worry it'll get there.

2010 2LT RS Black Camaro with white stripes
miztahcamaro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #13
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Yea I'm definitely looking to upgrade the exhaust. I've heard the car sounds rather wimpy. Whens the next meet in socal?...or should I browse the socal forum?
2ss-booya, definitely have stroll through the socal section, but the next event is the San Diego International Car Show on Jan 2.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #14
BOOTZILLA
Banned

Drives: Black 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndita View Post
Well, in my opinion, if you have a problem - then the dealer should be able to diagnose it. I hate doing all the foot work, making phone calls, and searching around on here. I've had problems, and I always get the "Well we're always the last to hear about anything for some reason."

When I have a problem, I often have to tell the service department what is wrong and what they need to do to fix it. Then they go looking on the computer saying "Well we haven't gotten any email bulletins about it, so come back when your engine light comes on."

Any little thing that is wrong with your car, make a list... go to the dealer, and make them fix it... if you find anything wrong with your car.

When I originally went into the dealer to order my Camaro, I brought more information with me than the dumbass salesman knew - or even had on his computer. Most of which I got from chevrolet.com/camaro - duh.

I love my car, but my whole experience - being a first-time new car buyer - sucked.
BOOTZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote