Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2009, 06:10 AM   #43
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I must admit, my stomach had an uneasy feeling when I first read it the other day. I am glad I waited to start posting. Also, I am elated to hear the good news.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #44
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Good luck with that. I have an 800 credit rating and I'm staring down the barrel of 8.1%. Have fun getting robbed my friend.
You are paying way to much. I have a 770 credit rating and I have been approved by a credit union for 4.75% on 72 months.

You should check around to see what is out there. Many of places are taking memberships for new accounts. Even credit unions will take memberships with unconventional credentials.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #45
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
You guys are out of your minds!! Who cares about the Z-28 now?! Do you want GM to commit suicide and prevent any chance they might have to somehow survive this mess and keep working on versions of this Camaro that won't sell enough to make it worthwhile for the company?! Seriously. Get your priorities straight people!
Your are entitled to your opinion, how about you respect ours?

None of us have ever said that GM should make the Z28 ahead of getting the company healty.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #46
Whitten

Drives: -
It is simple economics that if you can produce a product that sells 100% of it's production numbers and has a reasonable mark-up included in it's cost that is enough to cover the R&D necessary to produce it then there is no reason not to make said production model.

So in essence, if GM knows they can build a Z/28 that will allow them to make a profit not just break even then they will. Seriously if you are so bent out of shape about if they are or aren't going to build a Z/28 then you aren't looking at this objectively.

What I mean by this is that if you really want a Z build one don't wait to see if they are going to build one. Buy a base model and put an LSA in it...if it were me to do, I would buy an SS and put a 427 in it and call it a day.

GM, is trimming fat right now, what I see them doing is waiting to see how the Camaro is going to sell on a small basis. Once they have made some money back on the car they can think about variations, and I have faith that we will see some cool options in the coming future. Just hold tight, 5 years ago no one thought we would even be seeing a new Camaro.
Whitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #47
Whitten

Drives: -
Quote:
Who cares about the Z-28 now?! Do you want GM to commit suicide and prevent any chance they might have to somehow survive this mess and keep working on versions of this Camaro that won't sell enough to make it worthwhile for the company?! Seriously. Get your priorities straight people!
GM does, GM is no different than any other business in that it will produce what people are willing to buy so long as they can make a margin of profit even if it be small.

As for Priorities, priorities are a matter of dates, as of now they are not looking to come out with new they are streamlining to stop the financial bleeding. That is right now. In the future they are going to look to make adjustments to what they have and introduce some new trim levels which very easily could include a Z/28.

No matter the size of a production line profit is profit no matter where it comes from. Don't think for one minute they are going to just turn their back on the Camaro especially when the car is generating so much press.
People keep saying this isn't the time to be coming out with the Camaro in general and I disagree. This is a great time to see this car, it helps to elevate spirits and show that GM is dedicated to giving it's customers the products that it wants.
Whitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #48
Airforce1

Drives: 2SS/RS 6speed
Tran Thanks
Is there new info on the SS release dates, info here in Orlando is hard to come by the dealers just throw their hands up and laugh.
Airforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #49
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
Me thinks this does mean the end of the Z28 though :(
I disagree. I think we may be reading too much into this. Who says the Z/28 would need to be developed by that department.

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #50
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I disagree. I think we may be reading too much into this. Who says the Z/28 would need to be developed by that department.

Even if that dept developed the Z28, the article said that there was a chance that the team would be re-formed when the economy turned around and the company was in better shape financially. So I say, don't sweat it. Gives you something else to look forward to and hope for. Besides, nobody would have ever thought that GM would have discontinued an icon like the Camaro, yet they did. And who would have thought that GM would bring it back years later and they have. You never know what's going to happen down the road. It will be interesting to see it unfold though...
Old 02-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #51
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Tell me why a z28 has to have a supercharger and cost 45-50k? Seriously if they see the z as being very profitable a different way they'll make it.

Some people read too much into the news. And some people don't pay close enough attention to the back stories.

Many people knew the camaro was being killed off and why. And once the contract agreement was up we saw the concept. Guess we don't pay attention to what's important. Camaro is being built. If demand dictates and the general can afford it a Z28 will be produced.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #52
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Tell me why a z28 has to have a supercharger and cost 45-50k? Seriously if they see the z as being very profitable a different way they'll make it.

Some people read too much into the news. And some people don't pay close enough attention to the back stories.

Many people knew the camaro was being killed off and why. And once the contract agreement was up we saw the concept. Guess we don't pay attention to what's important. Camaro is being built. If demand dictates and the general can afford it a Z28 will be produced.
You might have missed the article in this thread... It's whats caused the LSA/Z28 talk to flare back up.

Check it out!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #53
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
You might have missed the article in this thread... It's whats caused the LSA/Z28 talk to flare back up.

Check it out!
Oh I saw it but I had faith in the ss production to begin with and believe the people still being neg about it's production and development are either reading too much into everything or not paying attention enough.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #54
carolinacamaro

Drives: beast
people wanting more and more is what has put us here right now spending billions for a chance at a camaro.... just to keep it alive... i for one am happy with what we will be getting... and i have always thought z28 is such a ugly name plate everything... so heres to the SS king as he always should be...
carolinacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #55
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
This closing sounds so stupid to me. HiPo are flagships. What do you want to build now? Prius?

Lingenfelter is my only hope right now ..
Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #56
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
The Z doesnt have to cost 50k. It depends on the approach. Twin turbo the V6 DI, use it in other platforms to get economies of scale....then you would have a hi performing 450+ racer similar to the original Z's. It could be done for under 40k and I would buy one tomorrow. The SS remains the higher displacement, more luxurious model. Just as they were in the 1st gen cars.

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote