Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
MikeRP
ZMAN

Drives: 2010 SSRS; 1987 Z28
Another Lifter Thread

Well I took my 2010 SS in for an oil burning smell and I mentioned I hear the valves tapping on startup.

He calls me back three hours later says they found a small oil leak that will be fixed when my lifters are replaced.

He has them ordered and will need the car for a few days and has offered a replacement car.

No hassle. Hope these lifters are good.

Has anyone found other problems after they open it up other than lifters?

Thanks for listening. My car has 7800 miles on it.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
where was the oil leaking from?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
MikeRP
ZMAN

They did not say other than it would be fixed when they did the lifters. I will ask when I take it in. Thoughts?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Keep us posted on your progress with the dealer. If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact me or Jeff. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service (filling in for Jeff).
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
MikeRP
ZMAN

Thank you! I will.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
MikeRP
ZMAN

So I got my car back and I'm extremely disappointed. My wife picked it up and drove it home. About 45 minutes later I got in the car and turned on the key and right off noticed the oil temp was reading higher than normal.

The temp was reading about 220. Normally it is a little over 200 when operating. I drove it about 10 miles and the temp immediately went to about 240+ degrees. This does not seem good at all to me. Should I be worried? I called the service advisor the next morning and he said that he would check with his service manager. He called back and said the service manager was going to call the factory or something like that because they did not know the answer if the engine should run this hot.

I'm guessing that this is not good.

On top of that the smell of burning oil coming out of the vents was way worse than before.

They did not call me back by the end of the day and that did not make me happy. I left them a message.

Further, I got the car back and it was a mess. Looked like it had been parked in a gravel lot. Way dirty. They didn't even try to clean it.

With my truck, I remember, I broke down on I 71 and the dealer in Wilmington Ohio not only fixed my fuel system immediately he totally cleaned the truck inside and out and I had just come from a construction job site. Nice service from that Chevy dealer.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Customer service at dealerships is almost nonexistant. And they wonder why they dont sell cars. Not all dealerships are bad........but more are than not, and thats a sad day. I've been lucky to find a couple exceptions to the norm. I always get something to drive, the car is always done right and always cleaner than when I brought it in. I travel a bit of a distance to these dealers, but it is well worth it. Ha! I've also found that, if the service manager owns a vette, camaro, caddy, G8, GTO or the likes, the service is much better.
On a side note........my oil temps will run 220-240 on hot days. any more than that, I would be askin questions.
Good luck
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
MikeRP
ZMAN

Thanks for the reply.

The dealer called me back today and I have to take the car back in for them to look at. GM has given them some things to look at, that's all he said. i was in a meeting and couldn't ask more.

Update next week. Hopefully they fix it. If they don't fix the oil smell, I'm going to be upset.