Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #43
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle@ridetech.com View Post
There's an adjuster knob close to what would be the lower mount on the shock eyelet. You'd just reach behind the rear wheel and turn it.
So you can get to it with the car being lowered and wheel still on? Just off the top of my head it would seem a little tricky to get to it.

I know a lot of people are very concerned about drilling some holes in the trunk but honestly it's one of the things I love about my BC coilovers. I just pull back the trunk carpet, lean into the trunk some, make my adjustments, and put the carpet back like nothing ever happened. When I'm done racing I do it all over again to get my street settings back.

I'm by no means knocking the Ridetech design. Actually all the other coilovers besides BC seem to be basically the same way. Pfadt did have a cool design of the adjusting knobs being at the bottom of the coilover which would be my second choice of how to make an adjustment.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #44
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
So you can get to it with the car being lowered and wheel still on? Just off the top of my head it would seem a little tricky to get to it.

I know a lot of people are very concerned about drilling some holes in the trunk but honestly it's one of the things I love about my BC coilovers. I just pull back the trunk carpet, lean into the trunk some, make my adjustments, and put the carpet back like nothing ever happened. When I'm done racing I do it all over again to get my street settings back.

I'm by no means knocking the Ridetech design. Actually all the other coilovers besides BC seem to be basically the same way. Pfadt did have a cool design of the adjusting knobs being at the bottom of the coilover which would be my second choice of how to make an adjustment.
Getting to it with the wheel on and the car on the ground isn't bad. You can reach the knob with your fingers and roll the adjuster. There's just enough room to get to it. The knob isn't super hard to turn, either. You will have to get on your back, though so I wouldn't suggest doing it in a white shirt.........
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #45
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Afco Racing recently came out with a new coil overs, sway bar package for the 2010 and 2011 SS Camaro's. Installed one in a client's car recently and was very impressed by the ride quality and handling.I only drove the car for about 15 miles while we set it up, but I was impressed by the quality, fit, and finish.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #46
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
A whole 15 miles? Wow.
Client's car, just needed to dial it in, not going joy riding. I have a set route near my shop that i feel will properly exercise the cars i work on to ensure its dialed in without putting excessive miles or joyriding a clients car.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #47
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
A whole 15 miles? Wow.
I lol'd
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #48
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
I lol'd
Figured the shop that enjoys taking client cars for joyrides and abusing the cars would laugh at that.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Arrived at dealer - 11/12/13
Arrived in my garage - 11/15/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 AM   #49
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
We're bolting up a set of Ridetechs on our Camaro this weekend. Stay tuned for a complete review!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
did you do a review?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote