Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
Abygale

Drives: .
Grrrr...chip in paint!

I just have to vent. I park in a private parking lot of a law firm that is clearly posted. As I leave with a friend for lunch today I notice a car that is parked beside mine on the right where my boss usually parks. Usually I have a pretty red ZO6 or jetstream blue ZR1 next to me but today (my boss was not in yet) there is a bright yellow car that is parked over the yellow line on my side. It doesn't belong to any of the staff and there are no visitors at the firm.

I took pictures of the tag (30 day temp dealer tag) and how the car is parked with my cell phone before I leave. We took her car since I knew where we were going my car would be a door ding magnet. I get back from lunch and sure as hell there is a chip in the paint on my right door. F#$%&%# idiot!!!!!

I knew this would happen some time, I was just hoping that it wouldn't happen this soon :(. Thanks for letting me vent! I want to find the idiot and him!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
If parking was such an issue as to want/have to take a cell phone pic, maybe you should have moved it? The first damage is always the worst..I got a few nice paint chips on my fascia, but goes with the territory.

You can't protect your car whenever, wherever...I learned that people have absolutely no respect for anyone elses property. I shun enjoying my Camaro taking it to Lowes, grocery store, out to eat knowing no matter where I park somebody will park too close to me and F something up. Thats why I park on the end of an aisle and park over the line so I give whomever enough room to be careless. Whenever I can, I park where no cars are at and walk.

I bought my touch up paint...luckily I have a great friend who manages the bodyshop at a Chevy dealer. Whatever happens to her or whatever I need is a call away and very inexpensive.

As far as taking a pic and proving the damage was caused by the owner of the yellow car? Unless somebody actually seen the event, your damages are not compensible. You may want to check your insurance policy or talk to your agent..MOST insurers will fix damage in a parking lot when the vehicle is unoccupied without paying your deductible. There is a specific coverage for this, so ask for it. Also, some companies will fix it no cost, some wont.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
find him and cut out his b@lls!

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
I feel your pain on this. WHile I don't have a chip/ding/dent (yet) I have parked my 2SS on the end of the parking lot each day...and despite at LEAST 30 empty spaces next to my car, each day someone else parks their POS right next to mine...it is almost laughable.

Oh well, grin and bear it...I hope it does not happen to you again!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Arghhhh - sorry to hear about your car

In a million year's I will never understand why these idiots do this.

Yesterday I parked my Vette (which I occasionally bring to work in the nice weather) in the far end of the "parking pass required" underground parking lot at work. Usually at the end of summer most employees are off taking their vacation. So the lot is fairly empty, but even so, I park far enough away so duing the day no one needs to be parked near me. AND even at that, I park way over to the side of the parking space.

WELL GUESS WHAT! As you can see below, not only did the idiot in the black Charger need to park next to me, BUT he's got to go over the line.
Don't know who the jerk is....but it was tempting as hell when I opened my door not to do it as hard as I could.

Never in a million years.....
Attached Images

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post

Yesterday I parked my Vette (which I occasionally bring to work in the nice weather) in the far end of the "parking pass required" underground parking lot at work. Usually at the end of summer most employees are off taking their vacation. So the lot is fairly empty, but even so, I park far enough away so duing the day no one needs to be parked near me. AND even at that, I park way over to the side of the parking space.

WELL GUESS WHAT! As you can see below, not only did the idiot in the black Charger need to park next to me, BUT he's got to go over the line.
Don't know who the jerk is....but it was tempting as hell when I opened my door not to do it as hard as I could.

OMG! Now that's an A$$.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
Abygale

Yes, that dude is definitely just being an a$$. My work parking lot is small and private. There really are no other places for me to park my car. I park between the two most respectful people. Sure I could have moved my car to where my friend's was previously but the staff that park next to her are probably worse than this idiot that was parked in our lot where he shouldn't have been.

I was just hoping that this person having a new car too, would be extremely careful knowing he was somewhere he shouldn't have been to begin with. In hindsight, I wish I just would have had our receptionist get a tow truck out to our office to tow him out of our lot.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post

That's enough to piss off the Pope!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
BB_Yellow2010

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
I just have to vent. I park in a private parking lot of a law firm that is clearly posted. As I leave with a friend for lunch today I notice a car that is parked beside mine on the right where my boss usually parks. Usually I have a pretty red ZO6 or jetstream blue ZR1 next to me but today (my boss was not in yet) there is a bright yellow car that is parked over the yellow line on my side. It doesn't belong to any of the staff and there are no visitors at the firm.

I took pictures of the tag (30 day temp dealer tag) and how the car is parked with my cell phone before I leave. We took her car since I knew where we were going my car would be a door ding magnet. I get back from lunch and sure as hell there is a chip in the paint on my right door. F#$%&%# idiot!!!!!

I knew this would happen some time, I was just hoping that it wouldn't happen this soon :(. Thanks for letting me vent! I want to find the idiot and him!
Awe Abby! I am so sorry to hear that, a$$holes... no respect...
Old 09-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I'll take a pic of a stick on (prototype) fender guard I have.

You guys have probably seen similar stuff. It is basically a 2.5 feet long, 2" triangle shaped, with a strip of magnet that you stick on to the side of the car or to the potential dent prone area. it will absorb the impact of a door hitting it and because it is long, it distributes the impact force. You can take put it on and off in 1 second. The downside is, people might/will steal them.

But my main purpose is, they are visible that they'll make the person who just parked next to me become concious about how they'll open their car door.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
Sketti

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Well, I'm a pretty civil person so I would have just left the guy a friendly worded note telling him how inconsiderate he was. Of course I don't normally carry a pen and paper around so I would have most likely used what was available at the time, my key and his paint job. But remember guys, always be nice, polite, and informative.
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
Abygale

The car was gone when I got back from lunch. I should have left a note on his window though before I left letting him know that I expected him to be very careful not to hit the car beside him when he leaves especially since he was parked in a private lot and that I have pictures of his tag and his parking job. Hindsight is always 20/20 though :(

My boss has been known to park right behind any unwelcome guests in our parking lot forcing them to come into the office and face him We work in an area where parking is a premium so there's always someone pretending they can't read the signs.

LOL, I love that last part "informative"
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Yes, that dude is definitely just being an a$$.
I would have written a note.. Said hey.. I parked here to keep people from F-ing my car up and you have to park over the right line. Now I can't get into my car because of your thoughtless inconsideration and thought of entitlement.

If I was there and was pissed, the note would look a hellova lot worse!

Leaving a note definately quells the nerves and temper. Just don't do anything foolish and damage theirs.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I would have written a note.. Said hey.. I parked here to keep people from F-ing my car up and you have to park over the right line. Now I can't get into my car because of your thoughtless inconsideration and thought of entitlement.

If I was there and was pissed, the note would look a hellova lot worse!

Leaving a note definately quells the nerves and temper. Just don't do anything foolish and damage theirs.
Not sure if I would do that...if the guy is a true asshole that will push him over the edge. There are a lot of crazies out there...be careful, people.