Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
2SSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Bought the same exact car twice, is my original warranty void?

Hey Everyone. So long story short, about 3 months ago I bought a 2011 Camaro 2SSRS from a Chevy dealer certified used with 24k miles, which came with a bumper to bumper warranty for 12 months/12,000 miles and extended powertrain for 100k. I got a card in the mail with my name and VIN and date /mileage purchased, with the expiration of the warranty. Two months after that, I made a mistake and traded the camaro in for a volkswagen. Ever since I bought the VW I've been having issues with it, so I traded it back in to the dealer I traded the camaro to, and bought back my camaro. The camaro pretty much sat for 3 months because its winter and no one wanted a RWD car. They sold it back tome for the price they paid when they bought it from me. I am now currently the owner again. My question I have is since the VIN and the name are the same as before, am I still covered under that bumper to bumper warranty since i'm technically the same owner as when I bought it the first time, or does it get voided because its been traded in? I didn't pay for the warranty when I bought the car, it was just certified and had a 1 year bumper to bumper through GM. Would it transfer to the new owner if the mileage and time was still below the 12 months/12,000 miles? I called the dealer I bought it from and they don;t know, and I called the service dept at my chevy dealer and they told me they don;t know. Where would I find this out? Thanks
2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
LakeMich30

Drives: 5thgencamaro SS
When you spoke to the dealer did you speak to the salesman or the person in charge of financing.
They are usually the person who knows the warranty answers.
LakeMich30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #3
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Was it Certified Used the 2nd time ??
This is a New one to me--
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/7wVCCJ Posted by 2SSRS[/url] Hey Everyone. So long story short, about 3 months ago I bought a 2011 Camaro 2SSRS from a Chevy dealer certified used with 24k miles, which came with a bumper to bumper warranty for 12 months/12,000 miles and extended powertrain for 100k. I got a card in the mail with my name and VIN and date /mileage purchased, with the expiration of the warranty. Two months after that, I made a mistake and traded the camaro in for a volkswagen. Ever since I bought the VW I've been having issues with it, so I traded it back in to the dealer I traded the camaro to, and bought back my camaro. The camaro pretty much sat for 3 months because its winter and no one wanted a RWD car. They sold it back tome for the price they paid when they bought it from me. I am now currently the owner again. My question I have is since the VIN and the name are the same as before, am I still covered under that bumper to bumper warranty since i'm technically the same owner as when I bought it the first time, or does it get voided because its been traded in? I didn't pay for the warranty when I bought the car, it was just certified and had a 1 year bumper to bumper through GM. Would it transfer to the new owner if the mileage and time was still below the 12 months/12,000 miles? I called the dealer I bought it from and they don;t know, and I called the service dept at my chevy dealer and they told me they don;t know. Where would I find this out? Thanks
Hello 2SSRS,

We regret to hear of the troubles you experienced with your previous Volkswagen but are happy to know you were able to get your Camaro back! We would like to look into your warranty parameters for you on our end. In order to so do we do require your VIN, contact info and current mileage. If you could please send us a private message with this information, we would be happy to further investigate. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-03-2016, 12:34 PM   #5
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Log into mychevrolet.com it will tell you everything thats active in the warranty or whats expired.

Tags
bumper to bumper, coverage, milage, trade in, warranty