Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SG_SS View Post
all,
i was all set after what i thought was doing my homework to purchase pedders camaro street Xa kit, with the sports ryder coilvers. i like the pedders lineup and quality, but i liked the fact they were GMPP cert'd and are a great product. i have talked to peddersUSA peeps in MI and they are always helpful...i was autofair in concord, NC at the charlotte motor speedway this weekend. i good friend of mine, who's identity i will protect, was not a big fan of the pedders coilovers, saying he knew of a lot of returns for them not holding up on streetroad, example hitting an unavoidable pothole. i still think pedders are excellent equipment, but before i depart with up to 2k of hard earned money i wanted to get some opinions of people who drive the parts. His recommendation was BMR. I was also recommended Eibcah equipment by the guys from kevin morgan designs. So, let me say this was not a average car guy, so i was pretty shocked. I am back to considering BMR, Eibach, and Pfadt.
my intention is to run of street only, but hard, and something that is height adjustable, and adjust the dampening, the and can handle an unavoidable pothole. i am not saying pedders will not ultimately be my final choice, i just decided to cast the line to get real world opinion. I am planing to do a modest lowering with a little rake to maintain the muscle car look. i still plan to get pedders subframe bushing inserts, and power steering inserts..
Thanks for all the opinions good or bad, and ultimately i have to do my own research, and be responsible for my buying choices.
many thanks as i know this question gets asked and answered a ton of times. Things change and products improve so i ask again to get current products and info..
thanks!!!
Your "friend" wouldn't happen to be a BMR sales person would he? LOL

I havn't heard of anyone having a problem with a Coilover from Pedders.. and there are a LOT of them on this site.

sounds like someone fed you a bunch of crap.. so you would buy his stuff.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #16
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
I have the Pfadt coilovers and love them. Like someone else said, easy install with great directions. And they work great on the street and 5 or 6 times on the autocross track.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #17
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post

Wow, that's kinda harsh considering BMR doesn't make CO's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you're talking about and i'm sure he KNOWS BMR doesn't make them.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
Dion_1969

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Send a message via Yahoo to Dion_1969
I have BC racing coilovers and have had no issues and they have really improved the handling. I reviewed them here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103098. I got a discount for doing a review but if they had turned out to be crap I would have said exactly that. For me it had to do with price and every one that posted on these on several sites always had good things to say.

I have had some folks that have been in the industry tell me good things about Eibach. I have also heard a lot of good things about BMR. I have their trailing arms and will be getting their sway bars, strut tower brace. I think I'll go for Pedders for bushings though. What was said in the first reply is true- It's a popularity contest. You will have people start badmouthing a product and have no experience with them or with anyone who has.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
His recommendation was BMR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Wow, that's kinda harsh considering BMR doesn't make CO's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you're talking about and i'm sure he KNOWS BMR doesn't make them.

I was just commenting on the op's comment that his un-named product expert recommends BMR products.

smells more like this to me... :troll:

Lots of customers with Pedders having problems with coilovers?

NAME ONE CUSTOMER WITH A PROBLEM.

Pete has made it clear that he stands behind his products.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #20
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
I was just commenting on the op's comment that his un-named product expert recommends BMR products.

Name one person who is anything but ecstatic with their XAs.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #21
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

Sorry if you didn't mean anyone in particular. It just sounded like it was directed at a forum seller.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #22
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
first best of luck to in your search for coilovers with who ever you decide. im not going to push you in one way or another just a bit of info. if you worry about real street driving look where pedders were developed in australia and some of there roads arent the nicest much like our roads here in the states, some are good some are crappy
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #23
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
I've got the Pfadt coilovers on my 2SS. It is great to be able to change the shock stiffness for on/off track use. I've only had one autocross session with the car, but I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend the Pfadt coilovers.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:57 AM   #24
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Thanks to everyone for their input and honesty. I decided on going with pfadt lowering springs on the OEM struts. Also using several pedders bushings inserts, subframe, and front radius arm and steering rack inserts. This was based on feedback from a lot of people based on my needs. Budget wasnt the issue, several vendors including pfadt technical staff felt I could have more fun out of the car with a simpler setup. I have SLP sways on already. I really have been impressed with pfadt as a company, and if I go coilover in the future I will go with the newer GMPP coilovers as my primary choice. I am lucky to access to people that have worked with GM on suspensions, mostly vette, but understand the camaro. The main reason I went with pfadt was the rake they maintain with 1.25" drop in the front and 1" in the rear. Eibach goes 1" all around, and BMR was another consideration as they went 1.4 all around. I didn't want that much drop in the rear. While the coilovers give me the flexibility to adjust height and dampening, I finally decided to start on what several vendors and tech types recommended. Lowering the center of gravity should help and change the cars handling for the better. At the end of the day I want to make the car fun to drive, and that was the purpose and I don't plan to track the car as of now. Coming from a ZO6, I was pretty sure only coilovers would do that. Easier to sell used springs than coilovers. Another consideration with starting this way. Considered pfadt solid rear bushings, great product, but that was out of budget, so went with pedders subframe inserts. Thanks to everyone and chase at apex, who was helpful as well. Once I drive it, I will know if I made the right choice, and installing the coilovers will be easier then replacing the springs if end up upgrading.
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc

Last edited by NC_SG_SS; 04-15-2011 at 04:08 AM.
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #25
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Thanks to everyone and chase at apex, who was helpful as well. Once I drive it, I will know if I made the right choice, and installing the coilovers will be easier then replacing the springs if end up upgrading.
It was good talking to you yesterday. I think you are going to be happy with springs and save yourself a lot of money. Thanks for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #26
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Chase Ur the man! I swear u never sleep!!
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #27
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Chase Ur the man! I swear u never sleep!!
Believe me, I feel like I never sleep. I guess it is just part of the gig when you are trying to grow a business and have 2 kids under the age of 3.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #28
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Quote:

I havn't heard of anyone having a problem with a Coilover from Pedders.. and there are a LOT of them on this site.

Read post 10, he said the friend was a Pedders dealer.

"thanks for the honest assessment, i plan to use a mix, and i already have SLP ZL sways on the car with a a moderate setting. I found out they were probably made by Eibach. as for the stories, this was from a pedders dealer, and with respect to Pete and the guys there who have been pretty helpful with me, i didnt want to expose him(the dealer) to any backlash from pedders, he likes their equip, but not a fan of the Xa coilovers and has had issues with the ones they have installed."
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmr, camaro suspension, eibach, pedders, pfadt