Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
jc2130

Drives: 2010 2lt/rs black on black
Method of railing transport.

Ok so i got the information on what rail company is transporting my vehicle. It is UP Union Pacific. I called the automated system and it is currently in Illinois. I am in Dallas tx. It is going to arrive in Arlington tx. What do you think the time table is for it to arrive in Arlington and being loaded onto a truck and driven to Dallas. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
jc2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
jc2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
Boy do I have some information for you. My car has been at the rail yard since 7/2. The GM Arlington plant has been shut down for the last 9 weeks. So the shipping company Jack Cooper Shipping has been running a skeleton crew. The trucks only run when they have a full load to the dealership. I found out today that it is possible for a dealer to take delivery from the rail yard, although I don't know what that entails. I will be working on that first thing tomorrow morning. I did see my car thru a 6 foot chain link fence. She is beautiful. Hopefully I will take possession tomorrow and will let you know more information about dealer delivery from the rail yard. The lot seems to be less than 1/3 full. I did see a silver and yellow camaro besides mine.

What dealership did you order from?
It was from reliable chevy in richardson.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
jc2130

Quote:
I have heard that it is common for a vehicle to sit at the rail yard for 2 weeks. Don't let the dealer tell you that they can't pick it up from the yard. Mine did, but I found out differently. If you are interested, I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Yeah if you dont mind. i took the week off thinking it would arrive this week. If it is in illinois. how long do you think it would take to arrive in arlington.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
jc2130

Quote:
It took my car 2 days to make it to Arlington from Canada.
I will track it tomorrow. It was coming with unioin pacific. What dealership was your from. Hopefully they wont hold mine that long. If i see that it is in arlington tomorrow. I will call them and notify how long it is going to take for them to load it and deliver. Yeah let me know tomorrow how it goes. I might have to do the same thing that you are doing.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
Gameover

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
When I found out my railcar # last Saturday, the automated service told me specifically the the date and time on my SIG. Now I'm hoping that it doesn't go thru, what NativeTexan is going thru.