Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #15
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
Mine would need an extra 250hp to even entertain the idea of scaring my wife. The nova in my garage/album scares my wife....

Jason
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I take driving a little differently. To me, my wife and family are the most important things to me. I save fun and games for other times. If my driving is bothering my wife I will back off.

It would be a terrible thing to try to scare your wife and someone pull out in front of you or you hit some slick pavement and your wife dies in the ensuing turmoil.

I choose not to take that chance.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #17
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Had her with me on the track at Watkins Glen twice. I seem to have more fun there when I'm alone. She just doesn't appreciate the Brembos for what they can do.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
My situation is a little different. My s/o is a guy, and he's a car enthusiast too, so it's pretty much impossible to scare each other when driving. Both of us are educated drivers--have had more training than just typical driver's ed, so there are occasions when we both drive like we're driving for a special ops team, but there are limits that we agree not to cross. I'd never want to hurt him or myself with my driving, and vice versa. My specialty is RWD V8 cars, and his is...AWD German Sedans. So we have two different driving styles--we can set each other on edge sometimes, but we do trust each other. We're both very attentive to the road, so we can trust each other both with our cars AND our driving styles.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
Beescuz

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
I just wait till mine closes their eyes for a nap then the fun begins. I just yell oh sh!! and slam on the brakes. She doesnt like that to well
Beescuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #20
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
Do you think in your professional internet opinion that I am walking on thin ice?
The only thing that might backfire on you is that if you are driving like that on purpose to get a reaction out of your wife, you may accidentally be paying attention to her (reaction) instead of the road.

Nothing would suck more than getting into an accident because you tried to make your wife go: "Holy $#!!". That just wouldn't be cool on any level.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #21
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
My wife has wised up to me reaching for the traction control...she sees me do it, she starts in with the evil eye....

better to just do this when alone
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #22
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
I just wait till mine closes their eyes for a nap then the fun begins. I just yell oh sh!! and slam on the brakes. She doesnt like that to well
Lmao that is always a good one
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #23
Fuel Fire Desire

Drives: 2011 M6 LS
Girlfriend: "So blah blah blah blah, and I was like blah blah blah blah..."

Me: *random aggressive downshift*

Girlfriend: "...blah blaAAAHHHHHH!!!"
Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #24
stevea

Drives: just a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
Mine would beat the shit out of me for being stupid on that trick

Last edited by stevea; 07-28-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: edit
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Hahaha!!! If you do ever teach her to drive a manual, you'll be the one grabbing for the OH $H!^ handle, even if she's driving normal... I just drive normal when I have girls in the car, but I always ask them if my driving scares them, because I would tone it down a bit... Not that I drive crazy stupid, I just know the cornering limits of my car, and I take it to the limit on windy roads. They all tell me they aren't scared, but who knows what they're really thinking.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #26
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
I take driving a little differently. To me, my wife and family are the most important things to me. I save fun and games for other times. If my driving is bothering my wife I will back off.

It would be a terrible thing to try to scare your wife and someone pull out in front of you or you hit some slick pavement and your wife dies in the ensuing turmoil.

I choose not to take that chance.
Wow, what a downer... on what was turning out to be a very entertaining thread. Geesh...

I'm all about reality, and personal responsibility for my actions... but ya really felt you had to go there, huh?

Anyway, back to the topic...

I've scared my wife before, but it was nothing that didn't pass quickly, as she understands... i would not let her "die in ensuing turmoil".

I've even scared kids and elderly with a tire chirp from time to time, luckily for me... no one died (at least that i know of... those elderly may have just had a heart attack but i was long gone).
Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #27
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Ouch yeah... I think it really depends on the driver, and the passengers trust in the driver... I generally don't get too crazy until I "know" the car. My ex used to have a WRX and I would drive it to the coast, super windy road, and she never freaked out... I think she actually liked it sometimes. But I was used to the car, as I am with the Camaro before I do anything other than my casual "grandpa" driving with a passenger... Even at that if the road is wet, I won't take a chance even if I'm by myself, and I rarely speed. The corner signs here are "suggestion" signs not "regulatory"... Don't drive beyond your means, or the cars is the key... But more importantly yours, because even the best car can't save you if you screw up.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #28
AK Mike

Drives: 1951 Chevy Pickup 2010 Camaro
Not anymore!

She doesn't even blink after many Camaro's, Nova's, Chevelles, motorcycles, airplanes, etc...that's the level of trust you earn after 38 years of wedded bliss!
AK Mike is offline   Reply With Quote