Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2023, 10:44 AM   #15
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
I really can’t suggest anything, not enough to go on. And it could still just be the new cam. And likely is, if not tuned for it. I wouldn’t have even thought to drive it after a cam change without a tune other than to confirm proper installation to get ready to tune it. If that is what you have had done. It looks like all you say is misfire code and planned on getting it tuned.
Sorry for not giving enough Info.
2018 I got a new TSP stage 3 cam 111LSA , springs, rockers and rods, Custom Manifold.
Had it Tuned by someone with a Dyno, he did 3 pulls and send me on my way.
For some reason I wasn't really happy about it, and it throws the codes and after a while they will disappear.
I will try and find the Dyno Specs.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:57 AM   #16
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel67 View Post
2018 I got a new TSP stage 3 cam 111LSA , springs, rockers and rods, Custom Manifold.
For some reason I wasn't really happy about it, and it throws the codes and after a while they will disappear.
Just another thing to toss out there, when I listened to you vid in your other post about your exhaust, the car seems to be idling pretty low, I have the same cam as you do except for mine is 112 lsa, and it idles at around 950rpm's, yours seems too low, and that could possible be where the ECM is sensing a misfire due to that low idle. I could be wrong, but you might want to check that out. Just a thought. I do know that most cams like ours idle around 900-1000 rpm's. Your tuner just doing 3 pulls and getting you outta there, he might not have adjusted the "driveability" and idle aspect of the tune very well. If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone will say so. Just a thought..
Old 12-17-2023, 11:06 AM   #17
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Codes ever since it was tuned?

I used to believe that dyno tuning was the best way to go, but the more time I spend on HPT forum, the more I think otherwise. It seems like all it takes is the ability to buy a dyno for people to consider themselves professional tuners. And a lot of the ones that cater to actual drag race cars only worry about WOT.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:16 AM   #18
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Codes ever since it was tuned?

I used to believe that dyno tuning was the best way to go, but the more time I spend on HPT forum, the more I think otherwise. It seems like all it takes is the ability to buy a dyno for people to consider themselves professional tuners. And a lot of the ones that cater to actual drag race cars only worry about WOT.
Yes ever since that guy tuned it.
100 % Agreed, thats why I'm getting ready for this Tune with Jannetty, after I did the swap outs I will see what else I need to get.
Old 12-17-2023, 11:48 AM   #19
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
No timing belt on a V8...
Ok, but that doesn't negate the premise of my post, and best of all - IT WORKS as explained in the HP Tuners video. I suspect that's the root cause of most of the P0300 DTCs posts in this forum.
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:53 AM   #20
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_SS View Post
Ok, but that doesn't negate the premise of my post, and best of all - IT WORKS as explained in the HP Tuners video. I suspect that's the root cause of most of the P0300 DTCs posts in this forum.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:33 PM   #21
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Just another thing to toss out there, when I listened to you vid in your other post about your exhaust, the car seems to be idling pretty low, I have the same cam as you do except for mine is 112 lsa, and it idles at around 950rpm's, yours seems too low, and that could possible be where the ECM is sensing a misfire due to that low idle. I could be wrong, but you might want to check that out. Just a thought. I do know that most cams like ours idle around 900-1000 rpm's. Your tuner just doing 3 pulls and getting you outta there, he might not have adjusted the "driveability" and idle aspect of the tune very well. If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone will say so. Just a thought..
Mhhhh especially when it's cold, it goes down to 780-mid 800's
And that's when the codes kick in.
Thanks Bro
Old 12-17-2023, 12:57 PM   #22
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Thanks Bro
Makes sound even more that it’s a tune issue.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 12:59 PM   #23
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
@Infidel67...Just A Note

I reloaded my STOCK TUNE to the ECM before I did the CAM/CRANK relearn...cleared DTCs and then followed the process outlined by HP Tuners.

I have MT6 so I put my SS in neutral and revved it 4500+ RPMs slowly. A fuel cut occurred and I took my foot off the accelerator. I turned off the ignition - let it sit for 15 seconds - then turned it over and let it idle for a minute then shut it down. I did this in the evening after work at my residence.

I started it the next morning and have had no issues. I did the crank relearn earlier this month. No DTCs or flashing CELs since the relearn. I'm keeping the stock tune until I break in my new CAM (OEM) and crank (OEM) and then replace it with my custom (aggressive) street tune after a few hundred miles of break-in.

I even tried to force misfires through aggressive start/stops, rapid accelerations, etc., I check for DTCs daily and NADA (P0300 doesn't even appear in history).

I'm assuming that you replaced the CAM and CRANK sensors after your engine work? If not, I would recommend replacing them (I did) along with a crank relearn to potentially resolve your issue(s).

Just my $0.02.
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:52 PM   #24
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Thanks Bro
Well on mine from the get go after the cam and all and the tune, on a cold start she will idle at 1000 rpms until she gets warmed up, then drop down to 950 or so rpms and stay there. Even when we have cold weather down here, lol, she will act the same on cold starts, and even when warmed up, and driving and stopping, and she will idle the same no matter what. It has never dropped below the 950 that my tuner has set in the ECU. Like gt says, you have an issue in your tune. Hopefully the new Jannetty tune will fix that for ya..
Old 12-17-2023, 09:58 PM   #25
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
I hope so Bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_SS View Post
I reloaded my STOCK TUNE to the ECM before I did the CAM/CRANK relearn...cleared DTCs and then followed the process outlined by HP Tuners.

I have MT6 so I put my SS in neutral and revved it 4500+ RPMs slowly. A fuel cut occurred and I took my foot off the accelerator. I turned off the ignition - let it sit for 15 seconds - then turned it over and let it idle for a minute then shut it down. I did this in the evening after work at my residence.

I started it the next morning and have had no issues. I did the crank relearn earlier this month. No DTCs or flashing CELs since the relearn. I'm keeping the stock tune until I break in my new CAM (OEM) and crank (OEM) and then replace it with my custom (aggressive) street tune after a few hundred miles of break-in.

I even tried to force misfires through aggressive start/stops, rapid accelerations, etc., I check for DTCs daily and NADA (P0300 doesn't even appear in history).

I'm assuming that you replaced the CAM and CRANK sensors after your engine work? If not, I would recommend replacing them (I did) along with a crank relearn to potentially resolve your issue(s).

Just my $0.02.
Making a Note of it, I don't think they were replaced so I will do that. Thanks Bro.

Quote:
Well on mine from the get go after the cam and all and the tune, on a cold start she will idle at 1000 rpms until she gets warmed up, then drop down to 950 or so rpms and stay there. Even when we have cold weather down here, lol, she will act the same on cold starts, and even when warmed up, and driving and stopping, and she will idle the same no matter what. It has never dropped below the 950 that my tuner has set in the ECU. Like gt says, you have an issue in your tune. Hopefully the new Jannetty tune will fix that for ya..
Yes Sir, you input is always helping out.
Old 12-20-2023, 12:24 AM   #26
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Quote:
Well guys after pulling my original tune here is a screenshot what the last Tuner changed or didn't changed, just know that anyone trying to drive the car the first time they choked it off lol.
Attached Images

Tags
427 m6, 7.0, camaro ss, ls7