Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #29
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
^ Yes, Ashley is a great help. She has helped me and remained calm no matter how slow I was on the uptake. I think Dylan’s post cleared up the questions. And I can understand it is frustrating if you miss a show, a big date night or just want a certain item now like I do… But from what I can tell this is a great small business, with a good product and the will to satisfy the customer.
I find the product great and such things as the towels, applicators, wash pads and accessory stuff very hard to find and beat the quality. Fair winds, a following sea and no swirls to all…

^ edit: Not to mention Junkman with good advice...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #30
sctriguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

You dog!

You are so dead on!

SCTriGuy, although your complete kit has not arrived, you can still get some things done. Have you clayed the entire car yet? That will take you quite a bit of time by itself.
I received the rest of my Junkman kit today. I had a question about the PCthat came with my kit. Mine came with the 5in counter weight and a PC black backing plate. Is this correct? The pictures and your videos show what looks to be a yellow backing plate.
sctriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #31
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Aw, shucks gee willickers Stex!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #32
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctriguy View Post
I received the rest of my Junkman kit today. I had a question about the PCthat came with my kit. Mine came with the 5in counter weight and a PC black backing plate. Is this correct? The pictures and your videos show what looks to be a yellow backing plate.
You have the correct counter-weight and the backing plate that you received is the new upgraded backing plate. I have a bunch of different backing plates. There's no telling what you might see in my videos.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #33
sctriguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You have the correct counter-weight and the backing plate that you received is the new upgraded backing plate. I have a bunch of different backing plates. There's no telling what you might see in my videos.
Thanks, I was worried there for a second. I look forward to usung these products! Your videos are great!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #34
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Old 04-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #35
stephjuv0602

Drives: 2010 2lt rs, rally yellow
wow u know i got a good thread going when da junkman highjacks it, and after readin dylans post and seeing the steady climb of adams demand i am even more confident with my decision, my eyes are definetly glued to the door for when my package comes
stephjuv0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #36
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
All I can do at this point is apologize for the delay... we're a small outfit. 7 employees total make up our company and we've hit an unexpected growth spurt... we even brought in temps just to help mix product, bottle product, and pull orders. Unfortunately we're way busier than anticipated to start the year and as a result we sold out of items we generally don't have to worry about. The result is having to lean on our suppliers who aren't used to this kind of volume either so getting items back in stock is taking a few more days than anticipated.
Just make sure you grow carefully and dont sacrifice quality for quantity. There is nothing wrong with keeping it slower as you build. I have been a High End/Show Car Detailer for nearly 30 years and have enjoyed the results that I have gotten from your product. I now have a intro line on my truck, maybe we can talk about more, feel free to PM

John
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:21 AM   #37
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephjuv0602 View Post
wow u know i got a good thread going when da junkman highjacks it, and after readin dylans post and seeing the steady climb of adams demand i am even more confident with my decision, my eyes are definetly glued to the door for when my package comes

Me?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #38
sctriguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Sorry to hear no one has contacted you, we go thru orders daily and email anyone whos kit is delayed to let them know what the problem is and offer solutions to make up for it. If you haven't received an email from myself, Ashley, or Mario yet I sincerely apologize.

I'm more than happy to get you an update on the status of your order if you'd provide me with the order number.

We're also available via email 24/7 - Orders@AdamsPolishes.com
Monday thru Friday 8am - 5pm MST - 866-965-0400
Or you can always PM me here.

All I can do at this point is apologize for the delay... we're a small outfit. 7 employees total make up our company and we've hit an unexpected growth spurt... we even brought in temps just to help mix product, bottle product, and pull orders. Unfortunately we're way busier than anticipated to start the year and as a result we sold out of items we generally don't have to worry about. The result is having to lean on our suppliers who aren't used to this kind of volume either so getting items back in stock is taking a few more days than anticipated.
All is good. Fedex is to blame. They missed scanned one of my boxes and said they tried to deliver but no one was home. I was home, garage and front doors open all day no "tried to deliver ticket" was left. After 3 calls to Fedex they finally admitted their mistake and delivered later that day.

After claying car do you wash again before using PC and SHR?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #39
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:

After claying car do you wash again before using PC and SHR?
Some say yes some say no, I think it is a matter of preference. I always do but not necessary just doesn't hurt.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #40
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
... After claying car do you wash again before using PC and SHR?
You should ALWAYS wash the car after claying. It is not a preference thing, it is common sense.

After you get through claying, tiny pieces of clay could be left behind. This is especially true when claying the car in direct sunlight where the surface of the car is hot. There's also the possibility of marring damage. By washing the car, you will have a clean palette to work on because any and all damage will be clearly shown.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:10 AM   #41
Tecca

Drives: ...
Common sense I know plenty of people that go straight to polishing after claying. If you are leaving pieces of clay behind or marring the paint with the clay then you are simply doing it wrong. If you hold the clay properly and use a good lube, detail spray, or ONR and do a good buff afterwards you should be good to go.

I still believe a quick rinse or even wash isn't necessary but I always do.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #42
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

If the surface of the car is hot enough, you will leave pieces of clay behind no matter how properly you clay. The clay just doesn't hold up in those temps.