Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-27-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Does anyone have the KIWI Wi-Fi Auto Interface on their Camaro?

This looks almost too cool to be true. Does anyone have this system in any of their Camaro or any other car?

Great way to get additional gauges, diagnostic info, and upload tunes. Crazy wireless devise hooks into the car OBDII port and sends a wireless signal to your iphone or ipad. From their it is all a matter of the apps you download to access the info. Pretty inexpensive awesome tool.

http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html

http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/software.html
Old 03-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Bump.........looking for current feedback from users.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Yeah you have my curiosity up too now.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Yeah, I have a friend who uses it. It works. Don't know about uploading tunes though... but you can definately run any kind of diagnostics as the apps, and port allows. =)
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Yeah, I have a friend who uses it. It works. Don't know about uploading tunes though... but you can definately run any kind of diagnostics as the apps, and port allows. =)
I know you can add sensors if you are racing to get some critical readings, but for me the Camaro has enough sensors already. I just like having more info than the dic gives you.

I am surprised more Camaro owners do not have this, it is pretty inexpensive.

I am sure someone will chime in eventually.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Bump for feedback
Old 03-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
I am wondering why anybody would need or want that. I have a OBDII code reader, but when I am driving I really don't care about my phone!!!!! All I want to do is have the radio up, gas pedal on the floor and just cruise......The shitter used to be my place of privacy, now it is my Camaro....
Old 03-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
I am wondering why anybody would need or want that. I have a OBDII code reader, but when I am driving I really don't care about my phone!!!!! All I want to do is have the radio up, gas pedal on the floor and just cruise......The shitter used to be my place of privacy, now it is my Camaro....
???? Privacy?

This is a devise that allows you to get readouts and stats from your car through the OBDII port. Not just codes. It will give you things like:

Display of up to 5 metrics at once with a drag-and-drop customizable interface: position gauges however you want and save configurations for later.
Store information about your vehicle: Rev remembers details about your vehicles so it can accurately calculate horsepower and other metrics
Check Engine light on? Want to get rid of the nagging light on your dash? Rev supports engine trouble code checking, translation, and resetting
Logging: record and review time-based or GPS-based data. Export data runs as Excel-compatible CSV data.
GPS Track: Using the iPhone's GPS, learn about your acceleration and braking on the road and on the circuit. Green and red colors represent moments of forward and braking acceleration. Perfect your cornering habits and master the track.
Save time and money! Check your emissions before going to the shop! Readiness monitors include 11 vehicle tests that your vehicle must have "ready" before it can pass emissions tests in most states. Rev will tell you which tests are supported for your vehicle, and whether or not they are ready. Some great info can be found here: http://www.wivip.com/monitor052108.pdf
Acceleration: Displays, records, and charts your cornering, braking and acceleration G-forces.
Automatic metric bounds adjustment.
Redline: give any metric a redline value.
PLX Kiwi Wifi + iMFD support. Use Rev to interface with PLX's extendable iMFD sensor system.

Or

Professional skidpad showing lateral and accel/braking Gs with min/max indicators
Race track visually maps out your location, acceleration and braking as you drive laps around the track allows you to visually analyze different race track laps to see how acceleration and braking changed from lap to lap thus helping you to improve your lap times on your next outing.
Inclinometer shows rolling angle and vehicle pitch for off-roading.
Full support for OBD-II diagnostics, find out why your check-engine light is on and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
Data logging, record and playback log files showing OBD-II data and skidpad/race track data simultaneously

If you are racing on a track or just interested in your driving habits and the way your car performs. Obviously, if you do not care this would not be for you.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #9
2010 2SS RS

Drives: Metalic Silver 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
This looks almost too cool to be true. Does anyone have this system in any of their Camaro or any other car?

Great way to get additional gauges, diagnostic info, and upload tunes. Crazy wireless devise hooks into the car OBDII port and sends a wireless signal to your iphone or ipad. From their it is all a matter of the apps you download to access the info. Pretty inexpensive awesome tool.

http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html

http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/software.html
I have it and its the best $130 I've ever spent on my car .... so informative, if your tuning its a must have .... any ? feel free to ask !!
2010 2SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2SS RS View Post
I have it and its the best $130 I've ever spent on my car .... so informative, if your tuning its a must have .... any ? feel free to ask !!
Cool Man. Thanks for the feedback. I have a few questions I will ask here to benefit others.

1 - What is the thing you were the most surprised and pleased about it?

2 - What feature do you most use?

3 - How did it help you before and after a tune?

4 - Are you hooked up with the iphone or ipad?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:28 AM   #11
2010 2SS RS

[QUOTE=Xmicro_SS;3019115]Cool Man. Thanks for the feedback. I have a few questions I will ask here to benefit others.

1 - What is the thing you were the most surprised and pleased about it?

2 - What feature do you most use?

3 - How did it help you before and after a tune?

4 - Are you hooked up with the iphone or ipad

Thanks in advance! [/QUOTE

1. I would say the most surprising thing about it is that it monitors so many different things beyond what was advertised. Which made it even more useful to me when I got it in my hands, better than I originally expected it to be. Does the same things a device 2-3x its price will do. I was most pleased with its ease of use, so simple its ridiculous...

2. The feature I used the most at first was the HP, TQ, 1/4 mile and 0-60 time, its the most fun.. lol but now I'm all over the fuel trim , ambient air temp. intake air temp and KR so I see how my new CAI is affecting my MAF and all that related crap. I'm about to compare my buddies new CAI to mine to see if the extra $200 he paid was worth it ...

3. I'm not tuned yet, warranty reason u know!! but it helped me see that a CAI I had previously bought and returned sucked balls without a tune so it saved me some hard earned dough. The HP and TQ readings are from the PCM, spot on so they show me if any bolt on's I buy will perform and improve my car as advertised. Once I get a S/C & tune it will help me make sure my car isn't showing signs or blowing.... Hahahaha

4. I'm hooked up to the OBD port through the Kiwi Bluetooth adapter connecting to my Android Evo 4G and using the Torque app purchased from the Amazon app store ...

Ps. If your using an iPhone you need a whole different adapter and application. U cannot connect using what I use . The method I described above is only for Android phones Look into it if u plan on purchasing for yourself(s) cause I don't know the info ... sorry .... hope this helps the cause oh and it doesnt up or download anything ....
Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Jayson9

Drives: 2SS
If all your wanting is DIC, then save some money with a ELM327 Bluetooth ODBII reader. I got one for $26! Works great with iPhone and Android phones running Torque (which a free download version is available).

Had to use it the orher day with my '04 F150. Was sending out a check engine light (P0442 code). Did not have time to hook it up during the night, so I hooked it up on the way to work, paired it to my phone, and diagnosed the problem (loose gas cap)/cleared the code from the ECM using the ELM. Now thats cool!

The purchased version of the software has more functions, but the freebee is prety nice and lets you do most things.
Jayson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #13
2010 2SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson9 View Post
If all your wanting is DIC, then save some money with a ELM327 Bluetooth ODBII reader. I got one for $26! Works great with iPhone and Android phones running Torque (which a free download version is available).

Had to use it the orher day with my '04 F150. Was sending out a check engine light (P0442 code). Did not have time to hook it up during the night, so I hooked it up on the way to work, paired it to my phone, and diagnosed the problem (loose gas cap)/cleared the code from the ECM using the ELM. Now thats cool!

The purchased version of the software has more functions, but the freebee is prety nice and lets you do most things.
The developers of the app I purchased said not to use the cheaper adapters, named that one specifically as problematic ... to each his own !! ... glad it works for you !!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #14
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Great info......thanks all!!