Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
GDANESS

Drives: 2010 VR RSSS L99
21 inch Wheels with RS package

My dealer told me from the start that I could not have the RS trim because I wanted the black 21 inch wheels. He said system would not allow both. I doubled checked this with him a couple times & was told no each time. Now the Chevy site allows this combination & I have heard others say they ordered their cars this way. Too late to change my order now & just wondering if anyone else was told this.
GDANESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
HEATHN

Drives: 2SS RS
i ordered this combo just the other day. Worked for me? I was still second guessing the price of the wheels but i have not seen anything like the GM 21".
HEATHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
r0cketdr

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDANESS View Post
My dealer told me from the start that I could not have the RS trim because I wanted the black 21 inch wheels. He said system would not allow both. I doubled checked this with him a couple times & was told no each time. Now the Chevy site allows this combination & I have heard others say they ordered their cars this way. Too late to change my order now & just wondering if anyone else was told this.
Why change the order? I think you can order the wheels as a GMPP now and have them waiting when your car comes in. I don't think the car will come with the 21's on it even if you order it with the car; the dealer will still have to put them on. The two negatives I can think of are (1) the wheels won't show up on the window sticker and (2) you'll have to pony up the cash instead of folding the price of the wheels into your monthly payments. No. 1 doesn't bother me too much ... No. 2 could be a show stopper, at least for me.
r0cketdr is offline   Reply With Quote