Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Lions and tigers and bears oh my

Thats from the Teriyaki Boyz Tokyo Drift song right? lol
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Sorry that the animals had to be put down but the Sheriff made the right desicion.
Tired of reading all the "bleeding hearts" screaming about "couldn't they tranquilize them" even had a dumb ass in my office talking about cops carrying tasers! LOL Just kind of laghed and walked off. This guy was ready to check out and get back at the local L.E. and neighbors by releasing the animals. Sucks that there was such a waste of life but better the animals than a local kid
I've heard the same things from people. Truth is, tranquilizing an animal isn't an end-all solution every single time and can often make the situation even worse. People have been watching too much TV.

Hard enough to do it in daylight, much less at night. Safer to just put a bullet in the animal than try and capture it.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #17
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodsally
No winners here, everybody lost: the community, law enforcement and the animals. What a shame.:(

Viva Las Vegas!
hotrodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #18
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
I love hearing about crazy stories from my state while im away, Go OHIO.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #19
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Drives: 95 3.4l V6
They should of used trankulizers (Bad spelling, my bad). They could of put the animals into another zoo. These guys are dumbasses...
Old 10-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #20
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I've heard the same things from people. Truth is, tranquilizing an animal isn't an end-all solution every single time and can often make the situation even worse. People have been watching too much TV.

Hard enough to do it in daylight, much less at night. Safer to just put a bullet in the animal than try and capture it.
Apparently, one of the tigers reacted aggressively when they tried to tranquilize it, so that's why they didn't bother with it anymore. I agree it's sad that these animals were killed, especially because the Bengal tigers are endangered. However, that situation was putting other people in danger and I'd much rather an aggressive animal be shot than someone get mauled walking out to get their newspaper in the morning.

It's a very strange story!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #21
TurboTA

Drives: 2005 Procharged GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant32894 View Post
They should of used trankulizers (Bad spelling, my bad). They could of put the animals into another zoo. These guys are dumbasses...
RIF..................
TurboTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #22
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant32894 View Post

Ever tried to tranquilize an animal in daylight? It's hard enough to do so, much less at night.

Like I said before, you people watch too much TV. It isn't just like shooting a Nerf gun at an animal and expecting it to go down right away. The animal will react to the dart, sometimes aggressively.

The bottom line is that this whole ordeal could have been prevented if some moron hadn't gotten it in his mind to have 50+ exotic (and dangerous) animals on his property. These animals are not pets.

And please don't say "another zoo." These animals weren't living on a zoo. They were basically living in some idiot's backyard, in horrible conditions.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #23
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:

Ever tried to tranquilize an animal in daylight? It's hard enough to do so, much less at night.

Like I said before, you people watch too much TV. It isn't just like shooting a Nerf gun at an animal and expecting it to go down right away. The animal will react to the dart, sometimes aggressively.

The bottom line is that this whole ordeal could have been prevented if some moron hadn't gotten it in his mind to have 50+ exotic (and dangerous) animals on his property. These animals are not pets.

And please don't say "another zoo." These animals weren't living on a zoo. They were basically living in some idiot's backyard, in horrible conditions.
Which may explain why they were aggressive...
I feel bad for the animals, but happy no innocent people were hurt by them.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #24
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Which may explain why they were aggressive...
I feel bad for the animals, but happy no innocent people were hurt by them.
They were aggressive because they are aggressive by nature. These animals do NOT make good pets. Their primary instinct is survival, and they do not make a distinction between humans and other animals when they feel threatened or need food.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Problem is people want them as pets but they don't domsticate them like we did with dogs.

first rule for pets should be you remove the large caine daggers, which are only used for killing, and then you feed them dog food for a few gen to lose that desire for raw meat / blood, just like we did to dogs.

Ya also declaw them them a house cat.

Then maybe its 50% safer then before.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #26
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
They were aggressive because they are aggressive by nature. These animals do NOT make good pets. Their primary instinct is survival, and they do not make a distinction between humans and other animals when they feel threatened or need food.
Kinda like the old saying, "Why did the tiger attack Siegfried and Roy? Because it's a damn tiger!"
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #27
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:

All I know is if I'm the cop that shows up on scene, and I'm standing in a parking lot, at night, with a gun and there's tigers, lions and grizzleys about.... I'm shooting everything that is furry and moves.

If these were dangerous people, say a small prison, and convicted murderers were pouring out on the street. Do you think it would be a good idea to shoot them with tranquilizer darts and put them in a different prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28
Problem is people want them as pets but they don't domsticate them like we did with dogs.

first rule for pets should be you remove the large caine daggers, which are only used for killing, and then you feed them dog food for a few gen to lose that desire for raw meat / blood, just like we did to dogs.

Ya also declaw them them a house cat.

Then maybe its 50% safer then before.
I don't even know if it'd get down 50%. A full grown male Bengal can get to 500+ lbs. And their claws and teeth are really only for gripping and eating. They tend to kill prey by suffocating it, clamping down on the throat and waiting for it to run out of air. You might be able to wean that instinct out in a few generations, but that hasn't been completely successful in domesticated animals yet either and we're looking at a couple thousand years of trying. I'm pretty sure they can break bones swiping at you, and as long as they have any teeth, they could clamp on and hold you down easily. My point is, if a tiger wanted to kill something, even without claws and big teeth, it could still probably do it.

if only we had some kind of pet that is alot LIKE a tiger, only smaller and less dangerous.... haha

Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #28
SEOhioSS

Drives: 2011 Synergy 2SS/RS M6
I live pretty close to this and its been all the news around here. I'm very happy all the animals are accounted for. The police made a choice in the situation and had to stand by it. If those animals would have escaped that small area they could have been gone forever. There isn't a ton of population in that area and there are many places animals could have hid. Had the animals made it to the nearby empty strip mines, it would have been a very bad situation.
SEOhioSS is offline   Reply With Quote