Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #197
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
flaps look decent on this one...should look better or worse depending on your color. this convinced me to go with the rally stripes when I make the final changes to my order as Summit White goes into production. i'm adding the door sill plates on my 2LT (they're standard on the SS).

i'll still be waiting to have my order pulled when 1/2 of you are on the streets. take pity and drive by my place to show off....
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #198
TBone2010
Drinking Bird

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Not into the rims myself, but do like the stripe package - I think they enhance the natural lines of the car and make me think of the great cars of the past. I am getting the hockey stripes on mine - still cant decide on my color - it was IOM, now it's SIM - too much time to think about it.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh..............
Old 04-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #199
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Looks really good
Old 04-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #200
Sammy Da Bull

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2-SS on order
Ordering Camaro's

Has anyone seen any Camaro's yet in the US, when are they going to be delivered?? I have a 2 SS on the way
Sammy Da Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #201
Sammy Da Bull

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2-SS on order
Where is this dealership??
Sammy Da Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #202
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
?

Welcome Sammy.

I'm almost afraid to talk to you.

I don't understand you question.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #203
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
don't like.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #204
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Filler door is metal - we have about 11 IN STOCK

The wheels, I AM TOLD via DILLER in our parts dept, if ordered THROUGH US, included TIRES. So, for about $200-300 more than the factory option, you get TWO sets of wheels. You could email Dave for the forum discount filler cap doors, or the other accessories we have ready to ship...or inquire about the "wheel deal". Email in my sig

Nice Scotty! as for the filler door... I was not impressed with the one installed on this car. It felt cheap and not well attached. When I closed the door I had to move it up so it would close properly.

here is a link to the pics I took of the SIM in dearborn today. high res and original (not photoshopped) but overcast. :(

SIM in Dearborn

Here are my thoughts... basically the hood and the passenger side are poorly applied as pointed out earlier in the thread. The hood is off center and the front fascia sticker is not aligned with the rest of the stripe on the passenger side. Driver's side is better aligned. Not sure if this is a CTF or pre-pro but there's a pic of the VIN. I really hope this is one of those quality control concerns that is being corrected.

The stripes are flat/matte. There is a texture to it and I'm not sure people will like that cause it was collecting dust. I'm concerned about waxing the car like with this application so I guess that will be my next search.

I haven't canceled my stripes yet, but I may.
Attached Images

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #205
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
Nice Scotty! as for the filler door... I was not impressed with the one installed on this car. It felt cheap and not well attached. When I closed the door I had to move it up so it would close properly.

here is a link to the pics I took of the SIM in dearborn today. high res and original (not photoshopped) but overcast. :(

SIM in Dearborn

Here are my thoughts... basically the hood and the passenger side are poorly applied as pointed out earlier in the thread. The hood is off center and the front fascia sticker is not aligned with the rest of the stripe on the passenger side. Driver's side is better aligned. Not sure if this is a CTF or pre-pro but there's a pic of the VIN. I really hope this is one of those quality control concerns that is being corrected.

The stripes are flat/matte. There is a texture to it and I'm not sure people will like that cause it was collecting dust. I'm concerned about waxing the car like with this application so I guess that will be my next search.

I haven't canceled my stripes yet, but I may.
:

I wanna order stripes like those but im scared of having them misaligned
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #206
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Thanks Cyn! I was hoping for the same finish as the rallye stripes. I will be getting this stipe kit through Txturbo. He'll be able to get me a set in gloss black.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #207
Fbodylvr

Drives: GMC half ton
I am not a fan of the Hokey sticks, loved them on the gen 1 cars but that huge gap you get when they are applied is weak sauce. You would think in this day and age GM would really be careful about fit and finish items like this. What really makes this overdone is the big FAT hood strip???? If they had a better application of the hockey strip (sans giant gap) you really do not need the hood strip. I think they put that on to pull attention away from that god awful gap in the hokey stripe mess up front.....Arghhhhh. The wheels are not half bad looking though, granted I would go with the stock wheels and put that 4500K to better use such at.....oh I don't know twin turbos!!!
Fbodylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #208
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Many thanks, Lt16spSS. Many members have been waiting to see these accessories on a car. I like the glossy Rally Stripes, but not these flat Hockeys so much. The fuel cap grabs too much attention. The wheels, no thanks for me. The splash guards could be better if they were more elongated and looked more like ground effects, but I believe I can live with them as is...better than the inevitable stone chips or sand blasting in a southern clim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
flaps look decent on this one...should look better or worse depending on your color. this convinced me to go with the rally stripes when I make the final changes to my order as Summit White goes into production. i'm adding the door sill plates on my 2LT (they're standard on the SS).
i'll still be waiting to have my order pulled when 1/2 of you are on the streets. take pity and drive by my place to show off....
So, you're waiting for white. I was tempted. What color stripes?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #209
GDANESS

Drives: 2010 VR RSSS L99
[QUOTE=irpq11;396166]Ya I hear ya. It wasn't an easy decision to add them but I looked far and wide for something I liked better to no avail. The fact that they'll be on the window sticker as original equip is kind of a bonus plus when I found out I got to keep the RS rims and tires I went ahead with it. I'll sell them.

Great pics. I just wish the inside of the large spokes were polished as well. So how did it look in person?[/QUO

I ordered the black painted version of the 21s & have been told that I would not get to keep the 20s as they would be sent back to GM. Anybody else who ordered 21s getting to keep the 20s as well?
GDANESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #210
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Sorry guys, that's not the angle, that's just bad allignment. But the good thing is that it's just the placement of the vinyl and not the panels.
Yeah, its an easy fix... Just sloppy placement by the guys who put it on. THe splash guards look horrible in my opinion.. And the vinyl in the rear looks like it is too short.. Overall there is not one thing I like about these accessories. The tires are nice though but I wouldn't want them..