Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
2013 gt500 offical hp and tq numbers

662hp and 630tq
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...edi-jim-owens/

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #44
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Funny...a word you like to use...I didn't start any of this on this site...it was the Dearborn Dandies who invaded this territory to tell us simpletons what a fine outstanding piece of horse-flesh this soon-coming Stang is, and that we should head to the Arc before the Ford Flood arrives!!!

Got my galoshes on, FFR. Best you find some water-wings...

Road course? ZL1...proven over the BOSS @ VIR...and Arizona, too. "Only by a few seconds", moaned the Ford fans. "Only", indeed...

1/4-mile? Only Ford guys seem to be REALLY excited about a more expen$ive nose-heavy night-MARE having some opportunity at possible redemption, there.

BALANCE. ZL1...in SPADES! After all, this is the new milennium, not the greaseball days of old...

For less dough...and no extra-cost band-aid options required...and no patchwork chili salesmen required.
Man ur posts reek of PURE ENVY!!! If you dont like the thread dont read it. If you dont like people posting about how bad ass the new mustang is and how its going to annihilate the ZL1 then pm the mods and ask them to do away with this subforum since you cant take it.

All of a sudden ppl (camaro owners for the most part) are saying screw 1/4 times and what about auto cross!!! Thats the most idiotic thing ive ever heard!!! 99% of car owners that race and bring their cars to tracks will be going to a drag strip!!! Even when we run into some competition on the street and do a friendly run, what do we do 99% of the time when theres a turn approaching??? We hit the brakes and the race is over till another straight stretch of road. The only reason why ppl bring up lap times is cause thats the last and only hope the poor camaro has. Tbh i really think the Shelby is gonna match the ZL1 around the track. Ppl just dont road race their cars. Too much is involved and its costs too much $$$ for wear and tear.

When anybody tests ANY car whats the two things you almost always see??? 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Not how fast a car lapped VIR. Why?? Cause this is what ppl benchmark a cars performance by.

Also the ZL1's are out. Threads are poppin up everywhere. I have yet to see a thread about how fast a ZL1 lapped a road course,but ive already seen SEVERAL 1/4 mile threads...hmmm wonder why is that?? Nuff said.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #45
SIRLOIN
Banned

Drives: Ms. Daisy
I don't know about you guy's but 662HP, 630TQ, capable of running 200+MPH, and mid 11's bone stock, right off the showroom floor for 55K, that has got to be the performance bargain of the century...

Who the hell cares if it's a second or two faster/slower around some roadcourse against the Z...

Those are INSANE numbers for the price of the car know matter how you wanna put it...The 2013 Shelby will probably put down more power to the wheels then the ZL1 has at the crank for the same price!!!! Who cares how much it spins it's tires, THATS BADASS!!! Those numbers alone get a whole lot respect and credit from me, and i don't see how anybody could not feel the same way.

Whether you like Ford or not, whether you think it's a piece of sh$t or not, whether you think it's ugly or not, how could anyone not respect those kind of numbers, for that price?

At the end of the day both camps have cars that are truly badass and deserve much respect from car enthusiasts and the automotive community alike. However, i feel that the Shelby has taken bargain performance to unprecedented levels with the 2013, and will probably go down in history as one of the baddest muscle cars ever made, period...
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #46
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Nice link. I love the Candy Red with the white stripes!!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #47
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
I don't know about you guy's but 662HP, 630TQ, capable of running 200+MPH, and mid 11's bone stock, right off the showroom floor for 55K, that has got to be the performance bargain of the century...

Who the hell cares if it's a second or two faster/slower around some roadcourse against the Z...

Those are INSANE numbers for the price of the car know matter how you wanna put it...The 2013 Shelby will probably put down more power to the wheels then the ZL1 has at the crank for the same price!!!! Who cares how much it spins it's tires, THATS BADASS!!! Those numbers alone get a whole lot respect and credit from me, and i don't see how anybody could not feel the same way.

Whether you like Ford or not, whether you think it's a piece of sh$t or not, whether you think it's ugly or not, how could anyone not respect those kind of numbers, for that price?

At the end of the day both camps have cars that are truly badass and deserve much respect from car enthusiasts and the automotive community alike. However, i feel that the Shelby has taken bargain performance to unprecedented levels with the 2013, and will probably go down in history as one of the baddest muscle cars ever made, period...
Exactly!! When talkin pure engine numbers this thing trumps the mighty LS9!!! And its in a pony car for HALF the price!! How can one not tip their hat to Ford??
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #48
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I'm heavily considering getting one of these. I'm about to get a huge raise and so is the wife, so It's either this or the ZL1.

The GT500 is just raw American muscle at it's finest. It would be the only Stang I owned. I'm a sucker for the sound alone.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #49
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #50
SIRLOIN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
Man ur posts reek of PURE ENVY!!! If you dont like the thread dont read it. If you dont like people posting about how bad ass the new mustang is and how its going to annihilate the ZL1 then pm the mods and ask them to do away with this subforum since you cant take it.

All of a sudden ppl (camaro owners for the most part) are saying screw 1/4 times and what about auto cross!!! Thats the most idiotic thing ive ever heard!!! 99% of car owners that race and bring their cars to tracks will be going to a drag strip!!! Even when we run into some competition on the street and do a friendly run, what do we do 99% of the time when theres a turn approaching??? We hit the brakes and the race is over till another straight stretch of road. The only reason why ppl bring up lap times is cause thats the last and only hope the poor camaro has. Tbh i really think the Shelby is gonna match the ZL1 around the track. Ppl just dont road race their cars. Too much is involved and its costs too much $$$ for wear and tear.

When anybody tests ANY car whats the two things you almost always see??? 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Not how fast a car lapped VIR. Why?? Cause this is what ppl benchmark a cars performance by.

Also the ZL1's are out. Threads are poppin up everywhere. I have yet to see a thread about how fast a ZL1 lapped a road course,but ive already seen SEVERAL 1/4 mile threads...hmmm wonder why is that?? Nuff said.

^^^^ Awesome post man lol...
Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #51
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Quote:
^^^^ Awesome post man lol...
Lol
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #52
Silver_Shelby
Automotive Enthusiast

Drives: Silver The Fastest Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
...and no patchwork chili salesmen required.
That comment about old Carroll... Priceless Very funny
I`m sending a friend request!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #53
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
Because MOST American's wouldn't know what to do with a twisty road if it was hardwired into their brain by a magic alien Indoctrination Device......

American Car's are just now starting to catch up to their competition as of the last 10 or so years, in both build quality and true all around performance. If you would have told me back in 2005 that a production Mustang would be able to decimate an M3 for a little more than half the cost I would have laughed at you....
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #54
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Bad azz!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #55
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
sure you can, you just don't want to. Its the best GM has to offer today against the best Ford has to offer today. What's wrong with that comparison?
One is a $55-65k machine, and the ZR1 is 110K+. Even the Z06 is a 75K+ car. The price gap is pretty wide.

I really doubt anyone is cross shopping a GT500 with a ZR1. Cross shopping with a ZL1 is more likely.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #56
SIRLOIN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nick_ View Post
One is a $55-65k machine, and the ZR1 is 110K+. Even the Z06 is a 75K+ car. The price gap is pretty wide.

I really doubt anyone is cross shopping a GT500 with a ZR1. Cross shopping with a ZL1 is more likely.
Don't some ZO6's even reach 100K... Besides the price difference, these two cars are in two totally different classes. Just because the Shelby is knocking on the door performance wise to those cars doesn't mean they are an apples to apples comparison...
Closed Thread