Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
May I have a Camaro without...

Instead of asking for more, may I have a Camaro without...

Chevrolet's color touch radio with MyLink infotainment is available on all 2013 Camaro LT, SS and ZL1 models. The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system – a first for the Camaro.

The color touch radio with MyLink gives customers a higher level of in-vehicle wireless connectivity and customized infotainment options, while building on the safety and security of OnStar. It seamlessly integrates online services such as Pandora® internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio® using hands-free voice and touch-screen controls via Bluetooth-enabled phones.

MyLink adds stereo audio streaming and wireless control of smartphones, building on the voice-activated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability already offered in most Chevy vehicles. The high-resolution, full-color touch screen display makes media selection easy to navigate.

MyLink also retains all the capabilities of today's entertainment functions, including AM/FM/Sirius XM tuners, auxiliary and USB inputs.

I think I would be happy with a simple radio delete option eliminating all of this unnecessary "stuff".
I wonder how much cost would be saved.
I just want a Camaro, yes I am "old school".
jimsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yea I have a lot of stuff I don't use. Like the XM radio. I hear ya.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Welcome to the modern age! They need to keep up with their competitors to keep selling Camaros. Most owners know very little about their car or the history. They just want the transformers car they think will help pick up chicks

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #4

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I hear you, and "argued" the same thing before. Its just not gonna happen. These type of creature comforts are a big part of what sells cars today. Its just the way it is, and I've quit fighting it. I'm lucky if I ever use my cell-phone...lol...and a lot of all this stuff seems unnecessary and an unwanted expense, but we are in the minority!
It doesn't bother me any more...lol...time marches on!

Youth must be served!!...Its all good...don't stress out over it!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I would want to ditch the skip shift, OnStar shark fin on my roof, and the tire foam kit and compressor are plain stupid imo. Aside from that my base line 1 trim has all I would use.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff

Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
My 69.....

Radio Delete!

You ain't gonna hear it anyway........

JerseyJeff
L36L72LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #7

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
As much as we might want to think these are replicas of old school muscle cars, they're not...Bare bones, light-weights with all the delete options, just will not sell to the general public. If I was really serious about all this, I'd look at a new COPO!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
I couldn't make a phone call with the buttons on the steering wheel, if I had to. That's what cellphones are for.

The radio buttons on the steering wheel are useful, especially in bumper to bumper traffic when glancing at the radio is a dangerous distraction.

As far as the deck itself goes, I looked into the aftermarket decks with large displays, thinking I would incorporate a back-up camera into the mix.

Those units include the climate controls and heated seat controls and I could imagine having issues with them and being told my aftermarket deck is to blame.

So I kept the factory system. This new system sounds cool. The main thing about the stock deck in our cars is that it looks low tech, but not in a cool way.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
IS to MUCH To MUCH <<< YEP >>>>
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
kannon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/M6
Yes buy a 2012.

kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
In the 60 and 70's you could got to the dealer with a list of options you wanted on it no more no less. Now you have to buy packages with a bunch of options that you do not care for.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsss View Post
Instead of asking for more, may I have a Camaro without...

Chevrolet's color touch radio with MyLink infotainment is available on all 2013 Camaro LT, SS and ZL1 models. The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system – a first for the Camaro.

The color touch radio with MyLink gives customers a higher level of in-vehicle wireless connectivity and customized infotainment options, while building on the safety and security of OnStar. It seamlessly integrates online services such as Pandora® internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio® using hands-free voice and touch-screen controls via Bluetooth-enabled phones.

MyLink adds stereo audio streaming and wireless control of smartphones, building on the voice-activated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability already offered in most Chevy vehicles. The high-resolution, full-color touch screen display makes media selection easy to navigate.

MyLink also retains all the capabilities of today's entertainment functions, including AM/FM/Sirius XM tuners, auxiliary and USB inputs.

I think I would be happy with a simple radio delete option eliminating all of this unnecessary "stuff".
I wonder how much cost would be saved.
I just want a Camaro, yes I am "old school".

With the amount of people wanting to put the factory double in the current camaros, you should be able to sell yours for a bit of pretty coins, probably work in a trade for thier old one as well for a little less, then install the old one.....you then have the old one in your car and made some extra change.......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
The 2013 LS comes with old style radio.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The 2013 LS comes with old style radio.
I could care less about the old style. I don't care about XM. I don't need a phone, and truth be known, I don't even need a CD player.

I am not talking about the 2013.
I am talking about the so called technology that has been added to the inside of the Camaro for the last 20 years!
jimsss is offline   Reply With Quote