Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #29
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Thread confusion. I was referring to the other thread that Tracy did where the 3/8 iceolator showed much better numbers in the uppper rpm's as opposed to the 1 inch iceolator.

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #30
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Oh yea! I read that one.
I'm got the mace 25 because it had already been tested with the manifold so i was sure of the gains plus the mace and rx 1" have different designs

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #31
jatt5ab1soorma

Drives: Camaro 2011 LS
FINALLY GOT IT INSTALLED TODAY, i feel like it revs quicker after rpm 3 but i guess its my head right now cuz i have only drove it for 10 miles, wanted to ask you guys how long it took you to feel the actual effect of it??
jatt5ab1soorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #32
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The Iceolatoris 1 piece design to give radiated heat shielding as well, but either seems to work very well.

Bone stock, no tune no other mods of any kind the 3/8" VMax Iceolator gave 20 rwhp & 25 rwtq. That eas in FL. Mike Norris duplicated that in indy, and JDP made 20 rwhp & 28 rwtq.

3 different cars, 3 different dynos, 3 different shops, and in 3 diff parts of the country.

The modified & ported IM is good for 8-16 rwhp depending on tune, other mods and port matching the cylinder heads is a plus as well.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #33
jatt5ab1soorma

anyone ?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #34
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatt5ab1soorma View Post
anyone ?
Depend..,if you took the fuse out or unplug the battery after finish it supost to read it right away, but if you didn't like me, you need to drive it like 30+miles to start feeling the difference...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #35
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
I definitely feel more pep after the 3/8" Black-Iceolator install.....first time pulling out of my parking lot at work after the install, I did a spirited launch to beat some oncoming traffic. The rear wheels broke loose way easier than before to the tune of me going "oh shiiiiiiiiiiit!" out the window.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #36
jm251

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT RS A6
I ordered the works from Tracy at RX and can't wait to install. May even try to port match the cylinder heads since I ordered the polished/ported IM. My question is, since the main function and benefit of the Iceolator is to keep the IM consistently cool (airflow), does it not stand to reason that a stock car that is cold (just started) will generate as much power initially (before heat soak) as a car with an Iceolator? To me, my car pulls faster right after I start it up for at least a few minutes before the IM has a chance to get super hot. Does this make sense or am I missing something?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Ummmmm I like it. I like it a lot. It took about 60-70 miles before I began to feel the difference. So you may be a bit underwhelmed for the the first 50 or so miles but once the ECU learns how to manage the changes you will definitely feel a difference.
What are your 1/4 mile times?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #38
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Because that swivel 13mm ratchet is a life saver if your doing it yourself
Where does one get that tool???
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #39
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Got mine at Lowes, but it was $21. Still worth it. If you have a Harbor Freight near you I think they sell sets for like $26 so you'll get more for your money. I looked at Home Depot too and couldn't find them there.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #40
jatt5ab1soorma

i put like 40ish miles on the car since the install and im slowly feeling the power day by day, on the highway today especially when im in the 60s and i rev it, it goes above 3 rpm like no tomm and next thing im already in 80s lol... ahaha...im hoping i feel a little more difference soon though
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #41
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I bought my swiveling head on amazon. I ordered it along with a new gasket so I wouldn't have to use rtv on my mace. I will say that without that swivel head, its a pain to do! It saves so much time its unbelievable. I got mine for 10

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #42
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm251 View Post
I ordered the works from Tracy at RX and can't wait to install. May even try to port match the cylinder heads since I ordered the polished/ported IM. My question is, since the main function and benefit of the Iceolator is to keep the IM consistently cool (airflow), does it not stand to reason that a stock car that is cold (just started) will generate as much power initially (before heat soak) as a car with an Iceolator? To me, my car pulls faster right after I start it up for at least a few minutes before the IM has a chance to get super hot. Does this make sense or am I missing something?
To my knowledge, not quite. I feel my car pull harder for a minute too but I attribute that to the cold start on the car. Could also be because Florida is eternally hot though so I'll never know lol. But as I understand it, the air/fuel ratio is off until the car gets to working temperature. If I'm wrong anyone let me know!
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote