Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
How to do burnout with M6

I haven't owned a stick for many years prior to this car. I know this will be a "Duh" question but how do you do a semi-standing-in-place burnout with a manual transmission? I'm not the type who will want to hardly ever do it, but once in a blue moon maybe I'd want to "show off" in an empty parking lot for a friend or something.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
BsMaro11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I'm in the Cincinnati area... drive it over to my place and I'll show ya

Jk.. I don't have an SS but with the power that these put out it should be as simple as revving it up a little more than usual and releasing the clutch a little faster

BsMaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BsMaro11 View Post
I'm in the Cincinnati area... drive it over to my place and I'll show ya

Jk.. I don't have an SS but with the power that these put out it should be as simple as revving it up a little more than usual and releasing the clutch a little faster

.. shut off the nanny controls and then rev it up and let the clutch out and watch them babies burn.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
BsMaro11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
.... also, turning off traction control would help
BsMaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Logan1234

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Put the car in competition mode, rev it up to about 3500 - 4000 and quickly let off the clutch (you don't have to side step) initially giving more gas to keep rpms up but as the tires start to spin let up on the gas to maintain rpms so you don't bounce off the rev limiter then quickly move your left foot from the clutch to the brake and press the brake firmly to the floor.
Logan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
viper blue
Troy

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs custom viper blue
I would like to know how not to spin the tires it's really to easy in these cars! but save your brakes and buy a line lock. it locks the front breaks only
viper blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
The concept is fairly simple, but the skill takes a bit of practice. Start in first gear, left foot on the clutch, right foot on the gas. Rev the engine to a few thousand RPM (at least 3000 or 4000). Then....quickly release the clutch and step on the brake with your left foot while simultaneously stepping down on the gas with your right foot.

Of course, turn off all traction/stability control systems before hand. The tricky part is varying the throttle, RPMs, and amount of brake just right to spin the tires as fast as you want, and have the car move as fast (or not as all) as you want.

Also, be aware that this is not the best thing for the drivetrain, and if you get too aggressive, there is always a risk of tearing something up when you do this.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote