Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #57
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Not digging the 14's. The front fascia change is ok but that back-end looks terrible. If they wanted to consolidate the taillights, why didn't they just use the euro tail lights and add a different/more aggressive diffuser to change the look? That would have turned out much better honestly.

More than anything, who thought it was a good idea to replace Inferno Orange with Red Rock? Typical dull GM color that belongs on a sedan, not a sports car. I've liked most of the changes they've made up until this year's. I guess I should be glad to not covet the new model.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #58
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Thanks for posting these great quality pictures !

AmaZing it's the same car from that TV show....didn't like it much at all on the TV....but after seeing these....it looks pretty dang good !

I want to see one in BLACK !
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #59
Ashley@HPE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 ZL1
Not a fan or the rear at all. It seems to me like the rear has gotten worse. The front is alright, but I don't like the single vent. I'd prefer to have two vents. I think it would look a lot more stylish, and put together. Also, I do NOT like the rear tail lights. I'm not very happy with the new design.
Ashley@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #60
oldschool69
oldschool69

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I think the only thing I like about the 14 over my 12 is the rear spoiler. I still like my 2012 best. It's A good thing, when I told my wife they had made some changes to the 2014 Camaro before I could say anything she said WE'RE NOT GETTING ANOTHER ONE. Ha Ha!!!!
oldschool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #61
jay_beltran805

Drives: Tahoe, Chrysler 300
I want to see a 2014 ss in white with black out tail lights or maybe just a white color , color does make difference sometimes on how the car loooks
jay_beltran805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #62
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Im glad I got my 1LE when I did. The rear end on my car just looks tough. The 2014 not so much. They could have made the rear end look alot more aggressive like the stingray.

I think GM missed the mark on this refresh across the board. I love the fact they made the Z28 but hate that they only offer it as track toy for the rich and famous.
CamaroTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #63
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I own a 2011 which I absolutely love, and for me it is a good thing that I do, because I do not like anything after 2011. Hopefully the 6th gens will be better.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #64
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
Dislike the mods they made, but like that you sourced Autoblog

The Editorial and Dev teams appreciate that.
You're welcome I can't take credit for something that's not mine. Any thank yous I get from members here go directly to you guys at Autoblog for doing the real work. I just uploaded the pics.

BTW I like the car, although I would prefer that the taillights were like the Z28. I haven't owned the Camaro so I haven't fallen in love with it as you guys have.
I wonder what changes the non-RS/RS changes are?
Also, I don't know if anyone noticed it but the color of the Camaro seems to be one of the new ones.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #65
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
the ss is ugly i dont kno wats worse tht the tail lights are super boring or tht the halos dont flow with the car now just doesnt make sense. the only way they could fix the ss is to make it look like the z28
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #66
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
I can't wait to see it in person and in other colors.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #67
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Glad I bought a 2013..........taillights, change to rear end of being flatter..no bend in the middle of the rear or trunk, the larger rear diffuser, the valance in the front looks as if its missing a couple horizontal grill pieces, the extractor is too far forward to move much heat and too small to look nice..just a zl1 wanna be, as is the DRL treatment though it is the lone thing looking better as the halos are squeezed into a grill area so small they had to remove the mailslot to make it not look so small.....and not a great fan of the wheels: look like run of the mill. Sorry though I love the camaro its a fail, the whale tail type spoiler is just o.k. and the moving of the rear extra brake light a must as the spoiler sticks up so high. For a one year offer they spent alot of effort to retool some what, and a 69 camaros taillights are trimmed in chrome and much nicer than this round the corner flat ugly tail light...the 69's were rectangular.
If they had say trimmed the windows with chrome, made round tail lights trimmed with chrome, did a real nice heritage type grill trimmed with chrome added some nice chrome and added some slick chrome lower moulding on the side and some new graphics it would have been a real hit more with us allready owners of camaros. As it is I cannot see anything I would like on my car and thats sad. They made the retro less retro.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #68
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
What are rally stripes going to look like with that hood vent? I would have gone with 2 smaller vents like the 3rd generation Z28. Rest of the front looks ok. New spoiler looks good, but the tail lights are too large.....should have been a modified design of current ones with integrated backup lights....the reshape of the rear end/license plate cutout is good too.

I'm anxious to see the wheel offerings....hopefully 19inch (to reduce weight)

The new tail lights might grow on me, but I've gotta see them in person to really formulate an opinion.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #69
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Looks like I will have mine for a long time. For what I see I am not impressed with the changes
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #70
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Hate it. I like the spoiler though. Guess I'll be deciding between camming my '10 or going without food so I can get a Stingray.