Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #29
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Camaro Scotty to the Rescue!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #30
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Ok guys, insted of reqading 4 ciomplete threads, I have but ONE question, and i hipe that someone will jsut asnwer without flaming me for not reading all 4 posts. so here goes, My IOM RS has the IO interior package, all of the pictures I have seen of the ABL are blue lights, in my IO interior are the lights going to be BLUE or ORANGE?
my understanding is that only the 2SS with IO interior gets the orange gauge surrounds.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessk View Post
."......................... And honestly, it was neat at first, but since then it's gotten a little annoying because you can't turn it off.............. "

"............ Also, it could possibly mess with your night vision on open roads and highways without street lights........."

THIS is one of the reasons it does not go across the dash ---

There are others.....

We did not drop the Ambient Lighting on the I.P. to upset customers.....

.....and keep in mind that we, too, are enthusiasts.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #32
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
my understanding is that only the 2SS with IO interior gets the orange gauge surrounds.
Unless you are in Canada or was that rumour also false?

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #33
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Quote:
It would be simple to have a dim knob in the car to tone down the intensity of the light in case it bothered a few drivers.
That knob already exists...it's to the right of the headlight knob.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #34
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
The whole ambient light thing was blow way, way out of proportion.

I would only fault GM with even producing an artist's rendition of a fully illuminated interior, complete with a full onslaught of ambient light accross the dash and doors, only to have it get leaked or mistakenly published in some pre-production flyer that in turn is spewn all over the internet, gets people all in a tizzy over it, and then people mad when GM says they don't even know if they will have it.

Something like this, from now on, should be kept in complete confindence by GM, and only released when you know darn well it's going to work and you have fully operational models ready for mass scale, low cost production.

I know everyone has their own opinions, and they are more than welcome to them - Lord knows I have mine and many here who know me know I hold nothing back. But I look at the Camaro as a driver's car, and as such you really don't need nor should you have fancy gizmos and glitzy lights in it. You want that stuff, get a Cadillac.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
OK guys,

We just won't allow this thread to get out of hand.

There is nothing new to report on this. So, in light of that we'd rather not relive the frustration this topic caused.

Please keep it civil and don't attempt to use this thread to "sway" GM into doing something they can't do.

Thanks,
Old 07-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #36
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Quote:
only to have it get leaked or mistakenly published in some pre-production flyer that in turn is spewn all over the internet
It was right on the GM Camaro home page...for almost a year. It wasn't leaked or accidentally published, they left it right there even when they were having trouble with ABL.

Quote:
Something like this, from now on, should be kept in complete confindence by GM, and only released when you know darn well it's going to work and you have fully operational models ready for mass scale, low cost production.
Agreed.

Quote:
But I look at the Camaro as a driver's car, and as such you really don't need nor should you have fancy gizmos and glitzy lights in it. You want that stuff, get a Cadillac.
Even if it had an ice cream maker in it, if the ice cream maker didn't work correctly I would complain about it.

Do I need an ice cream maker in my car? No.
Do I want things to work correctly in my car? Yes.
If it was promised to make 100 flavors but only made strawberry would I be disappointed? A little.

We can all be a little disappointed that we didn't get the full version, even if it isn't that important in the big scheme of the car. But it is what it is. For the people who care, let's hope we get the option of an ABL kit in the future.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #37
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
Shoot, I haven't driven at night to see the ABL. I forgot how important it was to me before I got the car.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #38
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
I'll just say that not having ambiant lighting across the dash will not sway me from buying the car. That being said, if GM does come out with a kit later, I would like to get it and I would probably even pay a modest price for it. I think it is a cool option and I don't think it glitzy.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #39
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
I wish there was a way to change the intensity of the light. My wife loved the feature, but the light was too dim. Full dash would be absolutely awesome as long as they can make a retrofit work later on, just like an HUD system at a reasonable cost. To be able to turn it on/off would have just....well....made sense.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #40
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmart View Post
Any idea when the footwell lighting will be available?
Got it.
________
BONDAGE GIRL LIVE
Attached Images

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #41
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
It's my wifes favorite part. I don't see how going across the dash could be distracting when you consider how bright the guages are. I say bring on the kit.
no doubt! and it calms the passenger right before I wipe that smile off their face!!!
________
Yamaha bw80

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #42
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

: laugh:

Oh - how I WISH stuff didn't get leaked....and I WISH that stuff could be kept in strict confidence................

.............but let us go back over the past couple of years on this site alone..........

............................ain't gonna happen...........

I agree 200% with you -- but based on history - ain't gonna happen.......

In the age of the internet, nothing is 'safe' anymore --

Let me assure you that we kept the Tahoe/Escalade under the highest security - and yet someone STILL managed to get a picture of them in a photo shoot.........with security right there! (....amazing lil camera that looked just like a button!)

Seriously - we DID want to execute Ambient Lighting across the dash.

(...think about it - why would we purposely show something and then just drop it? -- )

Part of the problem was the distraction at night. I'm here to tell you that it was very distracting.........

Another issue: When accelerated testing was done, you could see 'into' the IP and some of the attaching points.

Now - knowing the hysteria that the picture of Rick Hendrick's VIN #1 generated -- (...and we'd already made the decision not to offer it for 2010...but I use the VIN #1 as a good example ...) -- you can imagine the firestorm we'd be facing.

As I said earlier in this thread -- WE, TOO, are Enthusiasts -- and WE, TOO wanted Ambient Lighting.....but we also know that you have high expectations - and if something isn't going to come out right, then it's wise to say "OK -- we're not going to delay production - and we don't have all of the issues solved, so we're not going to offer it."

Now - there will still be some that want to keep complaining -- and that, I guess, is their perogative -- but I'm trying to explain the "WHY" of no ambient lighting.........

Closed Thread